I am picking up Jicama this weekend to try out some new recipes!
Baked Jicama Dessert:
2 cups jicama -- very thinly sliced
2 packets Sweetener
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon apple pie spice
WF Caramel Sauce or Davinci Caramel Syrup
Preheat oven to 350.
1. Spray a small (8 or 9") pie pan liberally with cookng spray.
2. Arrange 1/2 of the jicama slices in the bottom of the pie tin.
3. Sprinkle 1 packet Sweetener and 1/4 tsp of Cinnamon and 1/4 tsp Apple Pie Spice, drizzle with Caramel Sauce/Syrup. Repeat the layering.
4. Cover with foil and bake for 15 minutes.
5. Uncover and bake an additional 15 minutes.
6. Serve warm with IP ice cream!
Inspiration Recipe: http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/recipe...s/jicama.shtml
Baked Jicama Fries
Pre-heat oven to 375 F.
1. Cut jicama into 1/4″ thick lengthwise slices, then cut again into 1/4″ sticks to resemble fries. Try to keep them sliced as evenly as possible for even baking.
2. Toss sticks with evoo.
3. Mix together with spices in a ziploc baggie, toss in jicama, seal bag and give it several good shakes to evenly coat the fries.
4. Place onto baking sheet lined with parchment paper, spaced apart so they are not touching each other.
5. Bake for 15mins. Remove from oven, toss/flip fries, return to oven for another 10mins or until baked to a nice golden brown color.
Inspiration Recipe: http://fastpaleo.com/baked-jicama-fries/
Top 10 Ways to Enjoy Jicama!:
Ways to cook a Jicama: