Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Closed Thread

Old 09-05-2003, 09:52 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

Default Friday, Sept. 5

Good Morning Chickadees!

I'm finishing my first cup of coffee and going to grab my 2nd one.

Last night I had the best time, I got to chat with Cin and Leenie and LindaT in the chatroom. Gosh we haven't done that in ages! It was almost like old times. Just needed Tippy and Ruthie and Sweetpea and some of the rest of the gang, and of course, if all our new friends here would have been there too - well that would have been great too.

Did yall happen to see the new Prevention magazine? One of the main articles is "Lose Weight, Feel Great, South Beach Diet Success Stories". Just thought some of yall might be interested in it since some are doing SBD.

Our highschool team has their first football game tonight, so me and hubby will be there to see our youngest son march in the band. He is a drummer and its fun to watch them! Guess our Friday nights will be booked from now til about Thanksgiving! oh well there is not much more important than the time we invest in our kids!

Well gang I need to do payroll and stuff!

will check back later

hugs,
Cathy
Old 09-05-2003, 09:58 AM   #2  

Cin, I forgot to ask you last night....what type of exercise are the new WW tapes?

hugs, Cathy
Old 09-05-2003, 10:53 AM   #3  

Good Friday to you all! Thank goodness it is finally here. I don't know what I am so happy about though. I have to coem back to work tomorrow for CPR training and an employee meeting. YUCK!

Our University finally got their football team back this year and they are doing awesome. The still aren't in a really high division but I think it is awesome at how everyone in the town is so excited. They played last night and beat the 10th team in the division. I hope they can keep this up. Down here is the south people are really crazy about their college football.

I had to do the grossest thing again last night. I had to vaccum my living room and kithchen last night to get rid of those nasty bugs and then I had to head outside with it to vaccum off my patio and backdoor. I really need to take a pic of how bad these things are so you guys can fully understand how nasty they are.
Old 09-05-2003, 11:34 AM   #4  

Kemp - I had to do the same thing last night - vacuum up lovebugs! yuck! I noticed this morning when I got up that I will have to do it again tonite when I get home *sigh*

Kemp? which university got their football team back?
Old 09-05-2003, 11:39 AM   #5  

Southeastern, It is so cool see everyone in such a good mood after the game. A girl at work said that the student section was crazy last night. I told her that I wouldn't doubt it since we are so close to LSU we all know how to make a game fun. Did you know that it is the fastest growing university in the country?
Old 09-05-2003, 11:56 AM   #6  
Divine Gal

hi ladies

Cathy; he got me roses just because....

Leen; you and my best friend have the yellow roses in common...she loves them...and she is also big daisies...

Well I have some awesome news today.I lost another 2 lbs... I feel great actually...Almost have my mini goal accomplished...YAY me...
I have to go grocery shopping today.YUCK!! But it needs to be done.
I will be back later...

*hugs*
lynnie
Old 09-05-2003, 12:02 PM   #7  
CIN

Default Happy Friday!

Helo Gang,
Yes.it was great chatting last night and hope to chat more in the future!

Cathy...The newest set of tapes or DVD's WW has are called Get In Shape! They are a total body work out using 5 pounds weights.(your own weights)

They have an easy warm up followed by 3 circuits.calorie burning & resistance and of course end with a cool down & stretch!

They are
12.95 each or all three for 29.95. Each one tells how many activity points you have earned according to your current weight. I did the HIGH INTENSITY work out all in 30 minutes today and earned 4 points!
Wow.........I love it! PLUS many of the women in the tape share their age and how much they have lost! Very inspiring!

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO...does that cover your question? Am I SOLD on them????? YES!!!

Have a great day!
CIN

PS They even future a 60 yr old leader exercising with them!Imagine that!
Old 09-05-2003, 12:04 PM   #8  

Default lynnie!

YEAAAAAAAAAA LYNNIE!

you are doing great!

here is my happy dance just for you!

Old 09-05-2003, 12:06 PM   #9  

Cin, you snuck in on me! The tapes sound great! thanks for telling me about them

hugs!!!
cathy
Old 09-05-2003, 01:16 PM   #10  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Hi Ladies,

First LYNNIE !! Congrats on the 2 more pounds, gosh girl, your really making me smile. So between Cathy and you thats 4 lbs this week Pssssssst... your friend has good taste

Kem I'm root for your team !! sis boom bah !!! and ick on having to work tomorrow......phooie, hope they are paying you for it.

Cathy, LindaT, Cin, it was so nice to chat w/you all again last night, oh how I miss the good ol days, felt really silly again could you tell ?

Just got back from the little mini zoo they have here in bergen cty. Its really cute, they have a few types of different monkeys, bright orange ones to ones you could fit in your pocket. Very cute. Although taking a 2 year old who's teething isn't really FUN!!!!!!!! but we survived....ears ringing and all..oy. they had the cutest prarie dogs

Doing great on the diet yesterday and today. managed to eat 14 carbs & 1200 calories Today I'm gonna repeat that, it just felt to good

Hugs to everyone and have a great weekend.

Leenie
Old 09-05-2003, 03:37 PM   #11  

Just a quick hello....... worked an evening last night and hubby did the fall gardening with the girls.....goodness I love that man!

Did all the housework this morning so we can enjoy the weekend.

Sounds like everyone is doing great!

Have a great weekend everyone!

Kemp...one and two and three......good luck with CPR....I am an instructor and hated almost as much as the dentist!

Bye everyone!

Eliz
Old 09-05-2003, 09:31 PM   #12  

Hi all.....just dropping in to say hello.....DH came home today from his 5 day fishing trip.....I am glad he is back.....so was the dog....he was really happy.

I have a trip booked to see my birth family back east.....it seems....all the years I was depressed....I wanted to go see my birth family lots.....now that I am feeling okay......I want to cancell my trip. I have seen them lots over the years....but it seemed to be more one sided....on my part....so now I am thinking of cancelling my trip.

When I was seeing the counsellor last winter...she said...that often happens to women who are depressed.....they want to go where they grew up.....to their birth family.....she said it feels safer to them....now I just don't feel the same way....I am so confused about what to do.

April
Old 09-05-2003, 11:57 PM   #13  

Hey April....glad hubby is home......lots of luck sorting through your trip plans....I have faith in you that you will work it out.......have a great weekend!

Eliz
Old 09-06-2003, 12:24 AM   #14  
Average White Girl

Just dropping by, even though it's almost Saturday. I managed to lose 2.4 lbs this week, and haven't fallen off the wagon. I've been doing the walking away the pounds videos for abs for about 45-60 minutes a morning.
I can now wear pants I haven't worn for 10 yrs. ( Since I was a freshman in High School.). I was also in the band for 3 yrs. I was a flute player. I enjoyed marching but my music holder always fell down on my arm. I'm just feeling good today . My fiance made a great cassorole w/ broccoli, grilled chicken, cheese and ritz crackers. It's somewhat high in the points due to the crackers, but they were low fat, and I do have my extrra points to fall back on. Otherwise, no great shakes. I have to work tomorrow and then we're going to a Salmon/Chicken fry/grill on Sunday, which should be fun. Other wise I'm studying for some certification type tests at work.
Old 09-06-2003, 12:33 AM   #15  
CIN

Default Bravo!

Bravo Alteaon! That must feel really good! Arent you proud?
Enjoy the weekend!
Cin
Closed Thread