View Single Post
Old 08-15-2012, 03:38 PM   #29
mnemosyne
the muse of memory

Quote:
Wilco at red rocks was fantastic. I have seen them twice there. Really any show there is fantastic though Okerville river opened for them when I saw wilco at red rocks in 2009, amazing! And for the encor they came on stage and sang California stars with wilco... So cool!
I live in West Virginia! Columbus, Ohio and Cincinnati, Ohio are the closest big cities - so sometimes I might sneak out for something interesting, but mostly they are almost totally off my radar.

There is a public radio show recorded about an hour from here called Mountain Stage, though. I do go there regularly now. Have been able to see Fountains of Wayne, Trombone Shorty, Anais Mitchell, Ben Lee, Josh Ritter and even Ani DiFranco on Mountain Stage. Alas, they are traveling all fall, so I won't even have Mountain Stage to keep me distracted. And:

Quote:
Okerville river opened for them when I saw wilco at red rocks in 2009, amazing! And for the encor they came on stage and sang California stars with wilco... So cool!
That sounds amazing. Every review I've read says that Wilco are great on stage. Columbia, Missouri is a ten+ hour drive from here. But I am tempted!