08-11-2012, 05:18 AM
Holding on TIGHT
Join Date: Sep 2002
Originally Posted by LizRR
1 lb mushrooms
4 ribs celery
4-6 cloves garlic
Spices - sea salt, black pepper, thyme, rosemary, sage, etc.
1. Lightly spray a sautee pan with EVOO
1. Chop celery in thin slices, place in sautee pan, cooking at medium heat ~5-8 minutes until they start turning transclucent
2. While the celery is sauteeing, wash & thinly slice the mushrooms, add to the sautee pan
3. Dice the garlic, add to the pan, and allow to brown slightly while adding your spices to taste
4. Add Chicken Broth to just barely cover vegetables and allow to simmer over low heat ~10 minutes
5. Pour into a blender and puree until smooth, add spices to taste
*I use this as 'gravy' over my meat as well as a soup thickener.
*Recently I roasted a turkey and after chilling and skimming the fat from the pan drippings I added this puree and everyone loved the "gravy" on the turkey - no butter, no flour - just yummy flavor (I added S&P, rosemary, sage, & lavender)!
Oh my, i've got to make this, THANK YOU SO MUCH LIZRR!!!
current beginning weight 172
1. 166.2 -6
2. 165.6 -.6
I just miss my mom..