View Single Post
Old 08-10-2012, 03:30 PM   #5
Lori Bell
Back in Action

S/C/G: 213/197/140

Height: 5'6"

Hi Wendalyn! Good to hear from you and super glad you are looking @sskicky! Oh and yeah, gotta LOVE those sanity Blizzards, though I have to limit mine to once a month and only IF I am under 145. My blizzard of choice is the Heath. OMG, LOVE THEM, and totally worth the calories IMHO!!

I don't post all that much these days because like you, I am crazy busy. It's wonderful to have the energy and the stamina to be so active, and I'm loving life. Even though I *itch and moan that I can't keep up the pace, I keep adding things to my list of "to dos" and loving the outcome. I turned 47 a few weeks ago and feel younger than I did 20 years ago. That's a good thing!

This morning I weighed in at 145. Hoping to get back to 140 by Labor day, just so I'll be at a lower weight by the time the holidays kick in.

Oh, I won 4 blue ribbons (first place), and one red ribbon, (2nd place) at the county fair this week! Yippee. I also received a purple, (outstanding in class) for a wildflower arrangement. My salsa and elderberry jelly came in 1st. It's the first time I've ever entered anything and now I'm hooked!

Work starts Monday, so I'll be back to getting up at 4am...ugh, I dread going back to the grind, but I did get a promotion and a raise and now I'm the head cook at the school. Yay for lunch ladies!! Sometime I would like to start a thread about the current school lunch program, but I'm wondering if it would be considered political since all of the resent changes have come about by the current administration. There are good and bad points all around. Oh well, maybe another time.

Well, that's my life in a nutshell. 3 years and 2 months of maintaince under my belt and planning to make it for the long haul!