South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 08-09-2012, 05:40 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Thoughtful Thursday Chat - Aug. 9

Good morning. There was just a crust of a moon when I got up this morning and the stars were just brilliant. It was a comfy 60ºF so the dogs and I sat there and thought about our day. (Actually Jazz was plotting his next escape from the yard and Disney was pondering whether to go back in and check her dish for more food.)

Off to Ottawa around nine to celebrate Aunt Rose's birthday. Yesterday's comment? "I can't be that old!" I found an old picture of her holding me at my christening and hope she can remember it. We have letters from the Queen and the Prime Minister - she'll like the one from the Queen but does not like the PM. It'll be interesting to hear her comments. My cousin Berna will be there, refusing to admit that she will be the matriarch of the family when Aunt Rose goes. Berna is one of those silly women who refuses to claim her age. She argues that we are the same age although I was a 4 year old flower girl at her wedding!

I'm hoping to be home mid-afternoon to a clean house. Donna comes to clean and look after my dogs so things should be spiffy.

Wishing you a good day. (We are supposed to get three days of gentle rain starting this afternoon - much needed!)
Old 08-09-2012, 06:04 AM   #2  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning

Ruth - What a wonderful day ahead. Hope the rain greets you when you arrive home.

Another day at my parents' house for me. We are supposed to go to a college garden today but the rain may get in the way. I'm sure it will just be more shopping if that happens. Yesterday Mom and I hit a bag sale. That's always fun - $4 for 2 bags so we each got one. At that price if one of us gets one item it's a win. We both ended up with about 4 good pieces and Mom got some books (of course). It's relaxing and I'm getting my sleep straightened out a bit so definitely a good week to be here.

Now I need to go find coffee. Not sure how I wrote this much without it All I could find a the local grocer was Stabucks French Roast. It's not my first choice but it does the trick.

Happy Thursday

Last edited by CyndiM; 08-09-2012 at 06:09 AM.
Old 08-09-2012, 06:41 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Morning chicks!

Ruth - LOL on your family...you always have something entertaining!

Cyndi - hope you're enjoying your visit with mom.

Just sitting on the couch waiting for the day to begin. Hopefully the drama at work is about over (I knew someone was quitting, and they gave notice last night...one week after another employee had a mental breakdown and is now on leave, and someone else's last day was yesterday...gotta love living in a college town!). Thank goodness for wine to be able to unwind at night.

I'm finally getting tomatoes off my plant, I don't remember buying orange ones, but that's okay.....they're delicious!! Salad for every meal but breakfast. Of course, I'm getting my typical "can't wait til fall!" with the weather and crock pot urges. I love having seasons!

And now, to finish coffee....
Old 08-09-2012, 06:51 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Another very foggy morning here.

Ruth, you have a nice day lined up and I hope you have a wonderful time with your family. I hope your roof is all fixed by now. Are things greening up, up there?

Cyndi, it sounds like you and your mother had a good shopping trip! I'm glad you are enjoying your visit and getting some much needed R&R.

I promised Mom & Dad that I'd go with them up to their favorite restaurant in Lancaster for lunch today. They specialize in Pa. Dutch food and I don't know if there's much there that I can eat that's SBD friendly and vegetarian, but I'm going just to humor them. Dad called me no less than 3 times yesterday to remind me. I'll have a little time this morning to unload a batch of tomatoes from the dehydrator and bag up the peaches that I have on cookie sheets in the freezer. If I feel like it when I get home, I may make a huge batch of marinara sauce and divide it up to freeze. We're knee deep in tomatoes year and I'm getting tired of them but don't want them to go to waste. The kids have been taking bags of them to work to give away and we've been keeping our neighbors supplied, and we still have plenty for ourselves. Tomatoes, anyone?

ETA-

Good morning, Tammy! Want some tomatoes?

Last edited by cottagebythesea; 08-09-2012 at 06:53 AM.
Old 08-09-2012, 08:09 AM   #5  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning

Getting ready for mom and sis to show up. I've identified exhausted. I'm going to get another cup of coffee and see how I can fit in some relaxation. I would have loved a peaceful evening last night but we took the 3 neighbor girls to the pool which we do once a year. It's sad they live so close and never get to go. They had a great time and I was glad we could make it happen.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 08-09-2012, 09:05 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Good morning. Cyndi, where in NY do your parents live?

Another work day here, but nothing too strenuous as I am sore! My son made a bench in carpentry, so I am going to stain it today. If it dries I'll polyurethane it in the garage as rain is predicted.

Hopefully, I will have some down time with a book later. Probably not as I need an oil change and the doggies are due for shots. I did promise myself a little me time on Friday getting a mani pedi. I don't remember the last time I had one!

Slept in today, the Olympics keep me up too late! Have a great day
Old 08-09-2012, 10:05 AM   #7  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Jennifer - I grew up right in the middle of Central NY. It's very rural, still a lot like it was when I was a kid.
Old 08-09-2012, 12:19 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 170/149/140

Height: 5/9"

Good morning! I don't know if any of you remember me, I was here quite a bit last fall? My partner and I jumped into the process of purchasing a house which threw me off track a bit and I fell off of SBD and this board in general. I recently lost 25 pounds or so on WW, but miss that healthy, great feeling of SBD! So, I'm back I'll have to read back awhile to catch up, but I just wanted to pop in and say hi and that I'm excited to be back on here and the lifestyle in general

Hope all is well!
Old 08-09-2012, 03:17 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Back, Angie. I remember you and it's nice to see you again! Congratulations with keeping up with your weight loss!
Closed Thread