UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Old 07-16-2012, 09:56 AM   #1  
mountain walker

S/C/G: 364/354/196

Height: 5ft7"

Default This'll make ya laugh!

Blimey the forum is quiet!
Anyway thought I would share something that is so ridiculous I had a funny 5 minutes in Boots today!
You may ( if you have all been paying attention........and sit up straight at the back!) know about my run in with horse fly leading to hospital admission incident of about 1 month ago?
Well that had all cleared up when lo and behold walked with 7 year old in local country park and was attacked again, once definately by a horsefly ( immediate pain and blisters) and again several times by buzzy things of unknown origin delayed blisters but half my arm now red and swollen!
BACK to my GP more antibiotics, antihistamines and a recommendation I try Jungle Forumla.
Can't have the "knock em all dead" one coz of asthma so have the children's one. The assistant asked me where I was going and nearly died laughing when I explained I was going 2 miles along the road to the country park!
I mean I ask you I don't want to go to the Jungles of Borneo!! Well I started to laugh at the ridiculousness of it and couldn't stop!
Just goes to prove my theory that I should live in the Arctic!
mountain walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 11:40 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 225/201/147

Height: 66"

You obviously have very sweet blood....at least u r not letting the little b*ggers stop u gettin out. Well done on your weight loss that is fantastic. X
Gail77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 03:38 PM   #3  
jbabs

S/C/G: 194.5/ticker/154

Height: 5ft9

i would take it as a compliment that the beasties think you are sooo tasty. I used to get terrible bites when camping and my legs would be covered in a paste made from soluble asprin....dont ask where my mum learnt that one but it did help the itch in the bites. Anyways....the bath oil from avon ended up being my saviour and i still swear by it.
janeybabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 04:24 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 180/ticker/140

Height: 5' 6"

Try taking Vitamin B supplements. The bugs don't like the way your blood tastes when you take that...

Hope your walks in the park are less eventful!
MissD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 04:19 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 207/205/140

Height: 5 foot 3

Your story made me laugh out loud. In fact as I was going for a walk today I was thinking about it again and imagining the hilarious scene in the chemist and it mad em laugh again. I did get some strange looks from passersby who probably thought I was deranged, laughing on my own.....
salba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 11:07 AM   #6  
mountain walker

worry not salba...I am often to be found stomping through the country park thinking I am alone and singing to Madonna when some poor unsuspecting jogger/cyclist/dogwalker comes round the corner!!
Old 07-26-2012, 11:41 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 207/205/140

Height: 5 foot 3

Mountainwalker, I can relate to that scenario - lol - it is amusing watching the reactions of unsusoecting passersby!
salba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 01:34 PM   #8  
Just keep jogging

S/C/G: 206/165/140

Height: 5'5"

Best thing I've found to stop horrid bugs biting you is garlic. Raw garlic. It does not taste nice, but it makes you smell of garlic, which bugs dislike. I know it works because when I went to Africa this was one of our defences against all the buggies out there

And lol I love that you had to have the jungle formula I would have started giggling as well! ^_^
missmurphtang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 01:52 PM   #9  
mountain walker

Hmm garlic, not sure my hubby would be on board with that!
I managed to find a long sleeved t shirt in an army surplus shop with a tight neck line ( stops the bu**ers getting in). So what with that, vitamin b tablets, marmite and Jungle formula I am doing OK!
We were on holiday I found a lovely walk through some woods full of very loud buzzy things......AND I DIDIN'T GET BITTEN!!!