Closed Thread

Old 08-01-2012, 01:38 PM   #1  
Madeleine

S/C/G: sw187/cw152/gw140

Height: 5 ft 3.5 in or 163 cm

Default august hot chat

Happy August everyone: I have internet again, after DH has been away. I will be without again for a couple of days, then going to the cottage to be with him for our long weekend. Its called Civic Holiday, and we have Monday off, and I am also taking time off on Tuesday so that will be a nice little break from work.
Weight and eating has been up and down, was down to 168 again, and thought I was on track with eating, but am over 170 again darn it!
I have been exercising by weeding in the gardens a lot, but not much walking or going to yoga. Will need to be doing that a bit more.
I will be going back and reading posts from July to catch up with everyone though. ttfn
Old 08-02-2012, 01:04 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 254/171/150

Height: 5'3"

Hey Mad!

Thanks for starting the chat. I couldn't figure it out this morning. Back in the morning....
Old 08-02-2012, 08:49 AM   #3  

Hello Friends!

Fbs at 82 this morning. I have been unable to exercise for almost two weeks and I am sure missing it. I have had a lot of informal activity but it is not the same.

I had my family reunion on Saturday. It was a great success - so it was worth the stress and work to get ready. It was a lot of fun to re-connect with my cousins. We all brought old family pictures and sat around looking at them and thinking of those who have passed on. We played volleyball, ate great barbeque, and enjoyed our traditional foods. I am so glad that I did it.

Sunday morning I took off for the mountains with my youngest ds, dil, and gs. We spend two days on the boulder river - exploring, a little fishing, and just enjoying time with each other without the distractions of TV, phones, internet and all the trappings of modern life. It was wonderful.

I am still struggling with my skin infection that has gotten worse. I saw the PA again yesterday who brought in my dr. I had the very unfortunate and painful experience of having a biopsy in a very tender area. That is not an experience that I want to repeat. I hope I get some answers. I mentioned that the NP had stated that this is being complicated by my diabetes (she was much more rude than that). He was emphatic that this is not related. He said, "Not when you have the control that you do!" He is a really nice guy.

Mad, I hope that you enjoy your long weekend. I am enjoying my camper very much but I have a little envy for your cabin.

Trish, I hope your knee is recovering. Hopefully you are able to enjoy your usual activities. Are you still caring for Jax or is he in daycare these days?

I know Ruth is off on her vacation at the shore. I love the idea that some of the moderators are actually friends offline. I know that she also knew Mowee....

CarolSue, I am impressed that you manage to follow a good eating plan while you eat out a lot. I know it works for you and hubby because you want to eat different things.

Bonnie, I hope you are hanging in there. I bet it is hot and humid in your neck of the woods these days.

Georgia, what's up? Do you have any new adventures planned?

Hopefully, I caught everyone. Have a great day!

Rie
Old 08-02-2012, 03:29 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 221/180/150

Height: 5'2 1/4"

A quick note.

Mad Enjoy your long holiday.

Rie I'm so glad you had such a good time at your family reunion and with your DS and his family. Yes,I still take care of Jaxx although his big brother is doing the most since I can't be up on the knee muh. We still have most of the medical equipment DH Mother used when she was living, so I use the Hugo walker to get around. I don't know if they plan to put Jax in day care or not. We talked to DD about it,but I think she has forgotten it.

My knee still hurts if I move wrong or go too long between pain pills. I'm using Aleve and Naprison alternating them. It doesn't hurt when I'm sitting so it is easy to forget about it because I don't feel anything is wrong until I get up to walk. When I do forget and go to long, it lets me know it but only when I walk. DD said that it takes 4 to 6 weeks for it to heal. I'm praying for 4 which would mean it would be well in 2 weeks. Went to Walmart and rode around on the riding cart. DH didn't want to go without me. I told him I could understand why his Mother wanted to go any where when she got to where she had to use a wheelchair. Just to dress and then walk out to the car real tires me. I think it is because it is such a strain to try to walk without hurting the knee. Well as they say "This too shall pass".

Hope everyone is doing well.
Old 08-03-2012, 10:38 AM   #5  
Renaissance Woman

S/C/G: 363/306/185

Height: 5'10.5"

I just posted the following on the July thread, 'cuz I forgot it's August!

Quote:
Well, now it's my turn to apply icing to my leg. I kinda blitzed my quad again. I think it's cascade failure from the foot, because it has affected my knee as well as lower back. And this week, I worked out hard, two workouts per day. Yesterday afternoon, after Pilates, my body said, "Okay, girlfriend, that's it!" So I'm going to rest well over the weekend, curl up with a good book and a bottle of Motrin, and ice.

Sunday I'm going to Big Sur, on the California coast. Just read there's no Internet or cell phone service there...what a bunch of hippees! I'm going for a writing retreat, but there will be times when I will sneak off in my car back to civilization where I can get 3G on my HotSpot phone and get some work done for clients. I'll be gone a week. I'm bringing my workout gear, weights and bands, and I plan to get in some quality workouts on the beach!
So that's my upcoming adventure, Rie. I am so sorry to hear about your infection. It sounds very painful and uncomfortable. I'm glad your dr. heard you. Hope you find relief soon!

Trish, I hope the meds help soon! I'm feeling a lot of empathy for you today.

Cheers, Maddie Have a lovely holiday!

I'm doing really well with the very low carb restriction again. I feel good! Had kale with peppered bacon and eggs for breakfast. Nom-nom!

Have a great weekend!
Old 08-03-2012, 11:50 AM   #6  

Georgia So sory about your knee... I know exactly how you feel. Take good care of yourself. I've been doing too much and it hasn't helped it. It feels pretty good right now so I'm not going to do anything to upset it. DH has a doctor's appt today, but I'm not going with him for 2 reasons... 1) he will want to know why I didn't come in to see him with this knee, but I had a similar thing happen with my other knee and I already knew to stay off of it as much as possible and let it heal and 2) I don't want to aggravate it more by using stairs and walk on concrete like I did yesterday. I hope your knee is well enough for you to enjoy your trip.

Rie Sorry about your infection and I hope you heal quickly.

My FBS was finally back down in the 120's again this morning. My eating is good as well. So I'm extremely pleased with the way that is going.

Y'all have a great day.
Old 08-05-2012, 11:49 AM   #7  

Hello Friends!

fbs at 78 this morning. My eating was good yesterday. My kids left and I spent the day resting. I am still unable to exercise and I am in considerable pain from the sores that I have. I am waiting for biopsy results and I am hoping for answers.

Trish, it takes a while for knees to heal. I totally understand your desire to get out of the house. My best advice is to engage in slow, non weight bearing movement a little bit to keep it from getting stiff while it heals. Hugs.

Georgia, wow, your new adventure sounds wonderful. I can't wait to hear about it when you get back. Enjoy and heal up. Ok?

Mad and Ruth, I hope you are enjoying your holidays..... talk to you soon.

Bonnie, I hope you are hanging in there.

Off to face the day....

Rie
Old 08-05-2012, 03:30 PM   #8  
I am the mirror!

S/C/G: 292.5 / Goal 135

Height: 5'7"

Default Support

I have been exercising in my in-laws pool this summer. Yesterday we had a BBQ with some friends and my DH said some pretty negative things about my weight. I told him that he hurt my feelings by saying what he did but he just shrugged it off and said "Oh well than I guess I'm sorry." I feel like I have no support from family and friends.
Old 08-05-2012, 03:59 PM   #9  

Bigbeautifulmama2012 I haven't seen you here before so let me give you a big You have definitely come to the right place for support. People can be so cruel at times and it is especially hard when it comes from someone who says they love us. I suspect that all of us have experienced that. In my case, someone is alway telling me about a new diet or telling me what I need to do. So I suppose in strange way they think they are helping. Please don't give up try to just let it be whatever it is and keep doing what you know you have to do. My suggestion is Do Not do it for anyone. DO IT FOR YOU!!! I had to learn to do that myself. I had to come to the place that if they give me good advice fine and if it is something I think will help me fine and if not I forget it. I am doing what I am do for me and for my health. I'm not doing it for anyone but me.

Rie Thanks for the advice for the knee. I think today I am where I was when I over did it and aggrevated it so I'm being very careful with it. DD watches me and last night I was doing something and she said to her hubby "Help her and don't let her pivot on that leg". She has really been a help to me through this situation. I am praying for you Rie to get a good report and help from the test results.

Bonnie, Georgia and others reading/lurkers

Have a blessed day.
Old 08-05-2012, 04:05 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 185.5/175/142

Height: 5'6

Hey Patty
Love the quote from Joyce Meyer....I'll remember that next time someone at work says this little piece wont hurt!
Old 08-05-2012, 04:11 PM   #11  

Hey Big Beautiful Mama,
Don't listen to those crazy people. Just keep on truckin...you'll show them someday!
Old 08-05-2012, 04:15 PM   #12  

Hey Big Beautiful Mama,
Don't listen to those crazy people. Just keep on truckin...you'll show them someday! You've got support right here! Was that your X husband saying those things? Tell him to take a flying leap!
Old 08-05-2012, 05:02 PM   #13  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Back from my Beach Vacation but refuse to check my weight until tomorrow morning. Thoroughly enjoyed the time off and the change in food. Ate a lot of seafood and a couple of desserts but think I did pretty well. Unfortunately my darned knee was giving me grief so I didn't get much exercise. Blood sugar stayed in perfect range but the scale will tell the tale in the morning.

Hi to new folks and Big Mama, remember they are just men. They have no idea!
Old 08-06-2012, 10:01 AM   #14  
Madeleine

S/C/G: sw187/cw152/gw140

Height: 5 ft 3.5 in or 163 cm

Hello everyone: it seems funny to come to the cottage and now have internet and not have it at home. But I have read back to posts I have missed, so caught up a bit.
I am so sorry that Mama's DH said something hurtful about the weight. Remember, you are not trying to lose weight for anyone but yourself, and learning to manage without comfort eating is a goal for you to manage blood sugars too, and we wish you all the best with that.
WOn't get into personals much, as I want off the computer and outside into some fun. Have some grand nephews and a niece here to enjoy, and plan a little individual time with each of them to enjoy and relieve their parents and grandparents a bit.
Ranted on another thread about my BIL and wife, who are the loveliest people, but not taking care of his diabetes at all well, and I ranted here rather than at them, because its not my business. Suggesting they get proactive is as far as I have gone.
I must do the same with the kids as one grand nephew has adhd and is miserable at school, and self esteem is really suffering. Again, I am not his parent, and can only suggest, then have to back off. (sound familiar trish? Difference is that this is only a short visit, I don't have to live with them and am not asked to provide child care!)
Will be eating carefully this week, and realize I have to get back to exercising more regularly. Will think about how I want to do this as I am at the cottage. Was also thinking of making menu plans for the next couple of weeks to make it through. Little projects to pass the time.
Happy Monday, its a holiday here is Canada. Ruth, whats it called now, didn't it get changed from "Civic" holiday?
Well, off to be a wonderful Auntie.
Old 08-06-2012, 10:05 AM   #15  

Hello all,

fbs at 81 this morning. Yesterday was a good eating day. I am struggling to find something that is comfortable enough that I can wear to work today with this darn skin condition. Pretty tired of it.

Ruth, I am so glad that you had a great time! I am jealous of your seafood vacation. Your weight will come back in line

Trish, I hope your knee is continuing to improve. Nice that your dd is being protective and helpful of you in this time.

Georgia, I am sure that you are on your seaside adventure.

BigBeautifulMomma, I agree with Ruth, your husband is a GUY and therefore he doesn't get it... : Hang in there and I hope to see you here more often. It must be so great to have access to a private pool!

Cmarty, nice to have you back!

Mad, I saw your post on the other thread. It is hard to let others find their own path, isn't it? See you soon.

Rie
Closed Thread