South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 08-04-2012, 06:09 AM   #1  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Default SBD Weekend Chat, Aug. 4-5

Good Morning

Thought I'd get the ball rolling here. The carpet is fantastic, I have to work and DH and the pup will be here when I return home. I've been reorganizing; getting stuff put back in place and I'm still in need of more coffee! That is next on my list.

What's on your agenda? Stop and say hi
Old 08-04-2012, 08:21 AM   #2  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning!

Irina - I commiserate with the aching back from work!

Debbie - Glad you like the carpet. Such a big project.

I've had a busier than usual week with work-work and then foundation work. August 1 is the first deadline for applications so, of course, in the week or so leading up to that we get a slew of them and questions and I'm the person who takes care of all that behind the scenes.

My eating has been OP while DH has been gone. He gets home this afternoon and I am bound and determined not to let his own crappy eating derail me again!!!!! And I'm really growing to like chia pudding

Happy weekend, all.
Old 08-04-2012, 08:32 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Good morning chicks!

Debbie - thanks for starting us off, glad the carpet looks awesome. You're the energizer bunny!

Karen - I understand with DH, hard to eat well with the other family members around. Do you get a break this weekend?

It's a weekend off! I have been exhausted lately, I think in reality I just need a vacation (my last hours were for my father when he passed...not a vacation!) but have to wait for my hours to build up again. So today I told DH I want to relax and not worry about stuff and not do anything important! I had thought of a hike when I woke up, but dozed back off til 8 am...I haven't done that in years!! We might go floating down a river today, DH has been dying to do that.

Until then, ultra strong coffee...I keep adding milk to dilute it a bit!
Old 08-04-2012, 08:38 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Good morning!

Debbie glad you like the carpet, that is a big job!

Karen congrats on staying OP and I hope your week slows down.

Enjoyed being home yesterday just me and the dogs. Tackled fixing the banister and spindles. Hopefully they will stay in place this time. Caught up on laundry and grocery shopping.

I was way off program on vacation. I love zucchini bread which I ate almost every day for breakfast. My mom made it with whole wheat flour which was very thoughtful of her. Everything I ate I did enjoy. So for the next few days I will be on a phase 1 to get back on track. Our bikes got a lot of mileage, on the back of my car! It was way too hot to ride. We didn't even walk much. I was disappointed we were not active. Also, my TOM decided to make a surprise second visit! So my hormones were all over the place for a few days.

We had a very nice time and the area was absolutely lovely. I can see myself relocating when I retire. My son is not talking to me (again) as he is mad I did not take him. Sadly I cannot because my step father will not allow him in his house. It's a long story, but let's say my SF can be very immature, stubborn and cannot control his words at times. I have been dealing with this for over twenty years and truthfully I am exhausted. i swallow my words when I am there as not to upset my mom. I am happy she has him, but he is challenging lol

OK enough family venting. I am still on vacation until August 15th and I plan on enjoying it! Have a great day and hello to all the chicks to come
Old 08-04-2012, 08:40 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 167/154/120

Height: 5' 1" (in the morning, LOL)

good morning,

Yesterday was another day filled with pre teens. I'm still OP and noticed this morning that I have less knee pain. I love those NSV's. To me they're better then the numbers on the scale.

Off for a short walk before it get's into to 90's.
Old 08-04-2012, 09:33 AM   #6  
south beach dieter

S/C/G: 302/ticker/153

Height: 5'67"

good day chicks
back hurting badly dunno what to do if i try to pick up something from the ground i cant even reach the bed high cant bend without pain , omg when i finnaly found work this thing happenes.i dont even want to thing how it would have been the pane with the 36 pound i lost.lol god help me i need to work really i do

wishing u a nice day i am going to stay in bed all day and then tonight will to some shots for the pain.
Old 08-04-2012, 10:45 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 173/157.8/133

Height: 5'4"

Good Morning - Just poured my second cup to have with you guys.
Deb: You must be loving the way your home looks now!
Jenn: Glad you still have some vacation time left to destress from your first one!
Twynn: Love the lazy Saturdays! Enjoy the tubing. We really need to get back out into our kayaks - I miss days on the water!
Karen: It gets hard working out meals for both, doesn't it? Yesterday, I was really stuck at work and when I called home, DH and DD had decided to do chinese takeout. I was stopping at Wegmans to pick up some coconut oil, so I told them to order whatever they wanted. I picked up a really yummy Market Salad - it had chick peas, baked tofu and feta for protein, plus a container of mixed nuts and sunflower seeds to sprinkle over the top. It was a great solution, and I'm going to have to remember that salad! I have to start baking up some tofu to keep on hand. The texture is so much better~
Moon: Hooray for less pain! I noticed a huge difference in my shoulders - isn't it wonderful?
Irina: Not hooray for your pain - that's terrible. Hopefully some gentle stretching will help!
Now, off to clean house and make shrimp. I'd really like to add a pedi into the mix, but don't think there'll be time before the cast party! Have a great Saturday, all!
Cate
Old 08-04-2012, 11:17 AM   #8  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

The roofers just arrived to finish up the last piece of the garage they didn't finish yesterday- yesterday was a lot of noise has they tore off and replaced the roof. It looks so nice though. Now we have got to look at replacing the deck.

Debbie- I bet the carpet looks awesome, we need to replace ours, but doggie still has accidents and it would really upset me so much more if the carpet was new.

Tywnn- enjoy your weekend and hope you get to relax

Karen- glad you have been op I have a tough time with DH and the kiddos all bringing crap in the house.

Jekel- enjoy the rest of your vacation time. I am taking a couple of days off next week, DH was supposed to be gone to Texas but he cancelled but I still decided to keep the days off, I haven't had a vacation since Christmas the rest of the times I have been gone was for work.

Moonchild that is a great feeling. I know my plantar issues would be helped by the scale moving down that's for sure

Irina- when my back really hurts- I take a mega dose of Motrin that does the trick for me every time and then slowly trickly dosage down in a couple of days. That is what my doctor have told me to do and it worked wonders, but I know some people cannot take Motrin as it interferes with other medication.

Cate enjoy your day- I need to vacuum the house but I am just going to do light cleaning this weekend.

Have a great day everyone!!!
Old 08-04-2012, 06:53 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 209/ticker/170

Height: 5'8"

Irina- what did you do? How did you injure yourself? ICE, ICE ICE! Put an ice pack on intermittently and take NSAIDs (ibuprofen, naproxen, etc- not sure if they've got different names in Italy like they do in the UK or Australia). If you did it at work, do you have workman's comp insurance? Could you be seen by a provider and treated?

Well, back on the horse for me... I hopped off the wagon with both feet on Thursday/Friday as I had a LASIK revision in my right eye and started TOM... doughnuts, chocolate, breakfast sausage, chips and onion dip, pizza... hello stress eating! I was stuck on the couch all day Thurs recuperating and I don't sit still well. Scale came up but not too badly, been drinking water and back on plan today. Actually feeling like I want to go for a run! Haven't felt that drive in a while.

Working 4 days in a row... (ugh) just what a girl always wanted for her birthday, some overtime, right?

Hope everyone enjoys their weekend!!
Old 08-05-2012, 06:24 AM   #10  
south beach dieter

i think i did it at work but i was on "trial" there then i changed work and the pain began. now i had a shot lol and it seems it is a little better. inan hour or so i am going to the pool and stay in all day maybe will help cause tomorrow back to work to wake wash and feed 14 elderly ppl. god help me.

and as the pain wasnt enough, with the night shift i went OP badly: dinner i ate it at midnight i ate just 20% of what i had + a zillion cups of water( the shift began at 18 so i couldnt eat at 17 at home)then i had breakfst at 8 am lunch ate little and nothing then dinner soup . And the result from 266 i went up to 269.HELP HELP Help me i dont wanna do this thing every night shifr or i will go insane.omg

wishing u a good nice sunday i am off the the pool.

Last edited by irinaelenav; 08-05-2012 at 06:30 AM.
Old 08-05-2012, 08:30 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Good morning girls.

Irina, sorry to hear about your back. I worked from 19 x 07 for almost a decade and know how challenging it can be. On my work days I would eat breakfast when I woke, usually around 3. Have a snack, raw veggies or fruit and cheese. My main meal would be around 2300. That would hold me until it was time to leave. I normally would have an apple on the commute home. The water does help and being on your feet all night you might be retaining water.

Yesterday was productive. Pressure washed the patio and house. I will let it dry one more day before painting the patio. Weighed in today and I do not need to move the ticker!! I was 143 the morning we left and today I was 142.2. I cannot say I was really OP while I was away. I had a terribly upset stomach for three days, which looks like a blessing in disguise.

Not sure what today will bring. Going to enjoy my coffee and smoothie then who knows! What is everyone doing today?
Old 08-05-2012, 08:47 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 167/154/120

Height: 5' 1" (in the morning, LOL)

I'm up. By that I mean I've moved from the bed to sitting on the couch. DD had a crisis at 2 AM. She's going into middle school and is stressing about everything.

Irina, please make sure you are using good body mechanics.
Old 08-05-2012, 12:41 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 209/ticker/170

Height: 5'8"

Irina- Speaking as a CNA of several years who worked nights in long term care... you MUST take care of your back. How physically dependent are these folks? Are you lifting people by yourself? When you say wake/wash/feed 14 elderly people, do you mean your caregiver to patient ratio is 1:14???

If you're having to lift people by yourself, you need to find a way to have someone help you with the lifting. You WILL do yourself a permanent injury and you will NOT be able to continue working in this field if you keep on this road.

What was the motion/lift you were doing when you first started hurting? Was it one single thing, or the culmination of a shift (get home and go OMG MY BACK)?

Have you had training on how to lift/move people? It's a lot different from lifting/moving inanimate objects. Especially if these people have physical disability that prevents them from moving normally. If your workplace hasn't provided training PLEASE do some self education... Google/Youtube videos on "patient transfers" and "CNA/Nurse Lifting Mechanics."

If you play the hero, you will land yourself in major trouble.

On the night shift and food thing, nights play havoc on your body. Make sure you drink tons of water and get enough sleep!! I gained lots of weight working nights, full time RN school (chronic sleep deprivation)... take foods that are on plan with you, and force yourself to snack/graze throughout the night if that is your awake "workday"- how long is your shift?

Also, get up and MOVE... walk laps around the unit/floor, don't just spend the whole night stretch until morning rush sitting... I dropped weight once I started working on a busy hospital floor where I walk 4-ish miles on a busy day just working the floor!

Jekel- Boy do I hear you on that 19-07 lol... I still work some, but not nearly as much as I was when I was full time nights. I'm spoiled now by my day shifts!

Moon- Hey, it's a start! Hope the DD settles down soon... oh, middle school... so prone to drama those ones... I can send you pictures of me homeschooled and as the uber-nerd in high school, and then some of my "now" pictures if it will reassure her that yes, it does get better... ;-)

Well, looks like it's coffee and water for me today... had a protein bar for breakfast, got a salad waiting for lunch, but I'm stuck sitting all day in the same room at work today... safety monitoring. Woo... means lots of coffee to stay alert, water to chase the caffeine, and bathroom breaks to alleviate the boredom! (And my bladder...) Just what every girl wants for her birthday, right? Overtime? Hubby fixing dinner tonight, grilled salmon and asparagus. Yum!

Have a lovely Sunday, folks!
Old 08-05-2012, 01:49 PM   #14  
south beach dieter

ok this is the story of my pain n july 25 i did a trial shift at a nursing home with 4 old ppl . i lifted one woman , under the indication of the medic there, by myself and after a few hours i felt just a littl epain nothing bir ouch.on augst 1st i began work at this retirement home. i did 4 shifts of 11 hours in 5 days with 1 day of staying home , then the 2x afternoon shift then a night shift(13 hours).
the pain came the first afternoon shift and gave it's best the night shift lol i didnt sit more that 30 minutes that night. i did some shots for the pain but i hope i survive tomorrow's morning shift.

as for the work: we are 2:13 ratio, i did an 1 year course to do this work, we use the thing to raise ppl up from bed(the mechanical thing) and dunno i hope it will pass.

as for the eating i did bring some chicken with cabbage salad but i ate 20 % of it cause it was midnight when i ate and i didnt feel like eating, i drank like tons and tons of water and i went from 266 to 269 omg i hope i will go back to 266 cause i like it being under 266.

ty all for listening.

Last edited by irinaelenav; 08-05-2012 at 01:53 PM.
Closed Thread