Old 08-02-2012, 11:09 AM   #1  
Less than 15 now!!

S/C/G: 220/*ticker*/145

Height: 5' 4"

Default 30-Somethings Chat 7/29-8/4

Hey Chicks!

Anybody want to chat? We can use this thread as a general chat board. No pressure - no weigh ins - no exercise accountability - just CHAT! Anyone can start the thread on Sundays and just label it for the week!

I'm Andrea, I stay home with kids (4 of my own and 3-5 daycare kids). I home school my K and 5th grader, my High Schooler drives me crazy and I'm super glad I still have a 3yo to snuggle with.

This week has been low volume at the daycare. Parents and grandparents trying to get in a last vacation before school starts (August 14th!). So, I've had some extra time with my 3 & 5yo's. Our 5th grader has been at camp all week...

I'm working ahead on my school prep. I've got copies made, vocab cards all written up, and planning done for about the first month or so...I'd like to get planning done up to Thanksgiving before we start - but that might not happen.

It's hotter than blazes here in Nebraska - I live in Lincoln - and the mayor has asked us to stop using water when it's not absolutely necessary. Corn prices are expected to be horrific...kind of got me scared!

How's everyone else's week??
mortonpixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 12:03 PM   #2  
Lifelong Alaskan!

S/C/G: 230/180/150

Height: 5'5"

good morning! i like the idea of chatting over here with others in my age range

i have a 14 year old boy and a 6 year old boy and i work full time (sort of) managing a childcare program for the school district here...i work about 7 hours a day in the winter and SUPPOSED to be working 4 hours a day this summer but with staff out and all sorts of stuff going on, i'm working more like 6-8 hours a day depending

i'm up here in alaska, on the southeast coast in Juneau, the capital....it rains here, A Lot...my work wardrobe consists entirely of sneakers, sweaters and raincoats LOL
alaskanlaughter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 01:00 PM   #3  
IP Round #3: 11/14/2023

S/C/G: 210/184/145

Height: 5'5"/49yo

Oh - I like the chatting! I generally do A LOT of posting in the Ideal Protein forum, but it's nice to hang out sometimes with people 'my own age' (lol, seriously a great group of people there - but I like to branch out).

I'm down in Texas - it's HOT down here - about 105 is the days forecast...awesome. I have been taking my son to the mall play area every day (used to walk to the park off a trail by our house, but that ended MONTHS ago!). I am looking for other options, but he still really enjoys himself there with the free for all play. I am looking at some 'spraygrounds' around here - but honestly - I still think it's pretty hot to be outside, even in the water!

I am 38 and have a 2 year old son, I am switching over to a new program soon and am trying to wrap up things with my old program! I am an Electrical Engineer and work 5 hours/day, so it's a great balance for my family. This is just the end of my quick lunch break - so gotta run back down to the lab and finish some stuff (time is always tight during the day).
LizRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 03:07 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 155/155/125

Height: 5'3.5"

Hi gals,

I am 31 from Connecticut. I am married with no children, and work full time for a Cancer Center managing grants and events. CT weather is a nice balance between Texas and Alaska...in fact, unpredictable at times.

I have only been on IP for 2 1/2 weeks and love that I have lost 9lbs so far.

It is nice to chat with others my age

Last edited by clh99002; 08-02-2012 at 03:08 PM.
clh99002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 06:48 AM   #5  
is super awesome.

S/C/G: ...ticker...

Height: 5'7"

Hello all!

I'm Katie, 30, married and no kids. DH has a dog, I have 3 cats, lol. I work for a utility company, the same one that I met my DH at and the same one he still works for.

I'm in NE Ohio and we too get all kinds of weather. Its in the upper 90's today, but in the winter it can be 0 with a foot of snow.. I like the seasons, though.. Except for the humidity! Ick.

I'm a calorie counter, I started my "plan" in November of 2010... I just met my first official goal today, at 175, which was my original goal weight back in the day when I started this... lol, then 175 seemed so small!

kateleestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 11:16 AM   #6  
Less than 15 now!!

S/C/G: 220/*ticker*/145

Height: 5' 4"

So how's your weekend, chicks?

Thanks for all the intros! It's fun to see all the different geographical locations from Juneau to Plano!

This morning, my kids slept in til 7 and I've been being as LAZY as possible. Can't tell you the last time it was 10am and I hadn't change in to clothes yet, ha, ha!! I've made food for them, but they are watching cartoons and I am hiding in the bedroom with the laptop. I just gave my iPhone to my 3yo so he can take pictures...yes, I'm desperate for alone time!

Hubby is making up some hours at work this morning, so he won't be home til 11:15 - the way I see it, I have about 45 more minutes before I have to pretend to be up and around! I want to get a run in at some point today...it's so nice outside comparatively, that it would be a shame to waste it.
mortonpixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 09:11 PM   #7  
Lifelong Alaskan!

S/C/G: 230/180/150

Height: 5'5"

i've been sort of trying to take it easy this weekend...although i honestly hate just sitting around with nothing to do...slept in a little this morning, ran some errands, got some stuff done....got little son out to ride his bike with me and we rode down to the little store about a 3/4-mile away and back...he needs to learn speed with his training wheels because he rides so slow that when we take the training wheels off, he just keels over and cant keep upright...

ate fairly well so far...have a soup in the crockpot for dinner...i did have an ice cream sandwich at the corner store with my son...we each got one, then sat out in the sun and ate it before riding home...it was fun

my month of august is shaping up to be SUPER busy with back to school, back to work (well , my regular work at my regular program) and everything that goes along with it...i think every saturday for the rest of the month is busy with something LOL
alaskanlaughter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 05:57 PM   #8  
Beware the Harpie

S/C/G: 225.4/ticker/145

Height: 5' 5"

Hi all...

I'm back after a year off trying to lose. Had surgery and started a part-time graduate program (while still being employed full-time) last fall. In the last year I have started a band, released a CD, and maintained a 4.0 However, I haven't maintained any progress towards weight loss.

However, my 40th birthday looms in February, and I refuse to enter my 40's at my current weight. I'm doing a high protein, low fat diet and just started the C25K (so far, it's going well).

I'm single with 2 dogs and 2 cats... as well as 4 harps, 4 guitars, tons of Irish whistles, an Irish flute, a bouzouki, and a 1/2 set of uilleann pipes.
CelticHarpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 01:20 AM   #9  
IP Round #3: 11/14/2023

S/C/G: 210/184/145

Height: 5'5"/49yo

Didn't mean to go MIA! I found out I am traveling out to Tucson for work next week, Mon-Thu. This is probably my last trip though since I am switching programs! I am very happy for the move, as telecommuting in a closed lab can get pretty lonely/boring. I will actually work with real people!

Hubby gets to be on daddy daycare duty, his folks live 15minutes away though, and are fantastic grandparents...my son will love it! Only real change will be his daycare hours, usually 9-3, will probably be more like 8-6 when I am gone...but it's only for a few days. I am sure he will get his fill of TV when I am gone from daddy! Definitely need to plan some activities for him when I return....spraygrounds may finally be in our future now that it is not 113 deg (seriously, that's what the bank display said!). Now if only gas would go down too....

Last edited by LizRR; 08-11-2012 at 01:22 AM.
LizRR is offline   Reply With Quote