Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 09-03-2003, 12:53 AM   #1  
working off those pounds

S/C/G: 350+/ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

Default 300+ and ready to try again....#401...

God Bless America!

We want to invite everyone to join us in our journey.
We share laughter and tears.
We share what works for us and what doesn't.
We recently started a Topic of the Day.

Monday........Motivation Monday
Tuesday.......Tuesday Tips
Wednesday.....Wednesday Weigh ins
Thursday......Thankful Thursday
Friday........Friday Facials, Fingernails and Fun
Saturday.......Sit-up Saturdays - any physical activity
Sunday.........Soup and Salad Sunday - recipes

These are not required topics ...just ideas to share. We have found them very helpful. We also share heartaches and fears...joys and celebrations.

We chat at 8:30 PM EST, 7:30 PM CST on Wednesday and Saturday.

Please feel free to jump right in with us.
And be sure to check if there is a second page. We don't want anyone to miss any posts.
We want to invite everyone to join us in our journey.
We share laughter and tears.
We share what works for us and what doesn't.
We recently started a Topic of the Day.

WELCOME
Old 09-03-2003, 01:30 AM   #2  
Dancing those pounds away

Just peeking in on my way to bed.
I want to stop long enough to WELCOME JaneAlice to our group.
I was born near Chicago... Elmhurst, Ill to be exact.
Glad to have you join us.

Melissa... thanks for starting the new thread. As far as you htlms...
I did not see any ending... [/B][/size][/color]. You need them on both ends.
You need a start.and ending.... ... ..
Hope this helps. bold colored letters

My dinner was much better. I grilled squash and corn on the cob.
I ate my meat but skipped the bread and cole slaw. I also did not eat any dessert ...nor a late night snack. PROGRESS !!!

Good night ladies... oh wait !!

Mark your calendars for Saturday Sept 20th !!
The Miss America pagent is that night. Miss Oklahoma is a friend of ours. She played on the same softball team with my daughter. Her name is Kelly Scott and she is a wonderful young woman. Please cheer her on for me... of course you can still cheer for your home state contestant. LOL I don't usually watch beauty pagents... but this girl is TRULY worthy of such an honor.

Okay... now I really am going to bed.

Last edited by 2cute2Bfat; 09-03-2003 at 01:37 AM.
Old 09-03-2003, 06:14 AM   #3  
working off those pounds

test? Weeeel...I wanted to try this morning, but apparently I can't...see every time I try to use the tags...it TIMES OUT when i hit reply...I mean GO FIGURE

I MEAN GO FIGURE
Old 09-03-2003, 07:33 AM   #4  

Hey Miss Meliss? Don't know about the timing out thing? Never seen it say that? I know that using windows xp like I am now is different than when I used 98. Now if I hit the B button in the vBcode thing I get a little box that pops up that I have to type in. Before I did not have to do that I could hit all the different things I wanted and only have to add the ending tags, now I have to choose one and then all the rest manually at the beginning and the end. Has anyone else discovered this?

Today is back to work for me, I have been off since last Thursday, so I am sure I have a ton of stuff waiting for me. But it will make the day zoom on by.

DH came down with a horrible cold, I guess he is just to whimpy to sleep in the tent and have our butts hit the ground. But in all honesty it was COLD I think one night it was in the 40's. Yes I said 40's, after all this is Maine and we were in northern Maine. This am it is only 46 outside, so the nights are getting much cooler. BRRRRRRR.

Gotta run for now, hope to check in later......Have a nice day all.
Old 09-03-2003, 07:37 AM   #5  
You and Me in 2003

hi Saandy
Old 09-03-2003, 08:54 AM   #6  
BELIEVE!

Angry Good Morning!

Hi Gals!
I can't believe I didn't post yesterday and I missed the entire #400 thread! It was a busy, busy day, but good. It was one of those work days that just zoomed by because I was so busy, but it was good because I felt like I accomplised a lot. Last night I had to watch Big Brother and Cupid. I slept a little late this morning and didn't make it to the gym for my early workout --- no problem - today is a work at home day so I will go do my workout during my lunch break.

I had major munchies yesterday! Don't know what got into. Everything I ate was in the "healthy" food group, but just too much of it. I am going to avoid the kitchen at all costs today.

Kat - Sounds like you had a great visit with your daughter and her friends! You have such a great outlook on the piercing thing! Not sure I could be so positive. When I have kids I am going to need advice from all you great moms here.

Jen - I know it's been said, but just forget what that nit-wit said to you. Just keep up your good work and you'll show her!

Natalie - Sorry to hear about your not-so-fun weekend. Hope you are feeling better.

Jane Alice - Welcome to our little group! This is a wonderful circle of friends and I hope you will join us often.

Tina - Good job to Trey on the football game! I know you are such a proud mom!

Connie - Since you are putting new batteries in the TV remote I am guessing you are going to be spending a few days recovering from your procedure. Hope it's a speeding recovery and you are feeling better soon!!!

Melissa - Good job on digging out the weights to start doing some more exercises!!!

A big :hello: and to everyone!!

I gotta get my work day started! Catch ya'll later!
Barb
Old 09-03-2003, 08:58 AM   #7  

Morning Chickies,

Welcome Jane Alice!!! Glad to have you with us, looking forward to reading your posts and learning all about you. Finding this site and getting to know all these wonderful gals has been one of the best things I have ever done!!! There is so much love and support here!! Could not imagine starting my day any other way....

Sandy, I missed you!!!!!! Welcome home. Hope you had a great vacation. Maybe we can chat soon. Hope Fern is feeling better.

The rest of you gals, have a good day, gotta go get this day started, be back in a bit to ck in.
Old 09-03-2003, 10:51 AM   #8  
Changin' my ways :)

S/C/G: 338/298/180

Height: 5'6"

Hey everyone

Quick admission of guilt. I've actually asked someone the "when is your baby due" question! I was delivering a pizza (yes, a very long time ago) to an apartment and a woman answers the door. Behind her you can see all sorts of new baby stuff, wrapping paper all around, etc., like there has just been a baby shower. I asked when her baby was due, and she teared all up. Turns out she had it the day before and they had just come home from the hospital. I felt soooooo bad! I've been asked the question at least a half dozen times since gaining all this weight, and I'm kind of used to it now. For the most part, I just laugh. Stuff happens, and I know how awful it is to be on the other side of that embarrassing moment.

My article evidently got in to the paper in time. www.thespectrum.com look under opinion and Writers Group. I was kind of bummed because they cut out one of my favorite sentences, but... I'll have to get over it. It still reads fairly well, just doesn't close up as prettily as I would have liked.

I've got to run! Today my work schedule flip flops because there is a town meeting tonight, and I have to be there taking minutes. That means I'm supposed to be at the other job in about 10 minutes and it is a 20 minute drive. Whoops? The time schedule isn't actually set. I get there and do my work whenever I show up. I just like to have a time set for my own happiness. Yes, I really am that odd about things.

Have a great day!

Andria
Old 09-03-2003, 10:51 AM   #9  

Just pulling this back to the top.
It is too cold here to swim this morning.
I am having a HARD time forcing myself to do some other form of exercise. I just may have to go check out a gym with a pool. Yesterday it stayed too cold to swim all day.

Hubby and I seem to be in a warp zone. We just don't seem to be getting along well at all. That makes it even harder to stay on a plan. The bad part is... I can not only see all of his faults... I can see MINE TOO. Not a pretty sight. LOL I wish I could just blame it all on him... but I can't. When I am eating things I shouldn't be... I get more negative. I need to eat on plan not only to save my body, my health, my mood swings... but also to save my marriage. UGH.

BUT... he needs an attitude adjustment too. LOL
Old 09-03-2003, 10:53 AM   #10  
working off those pounds

What are we doing waaaay on the bottom here? Let me put us right back at the top where we belong.

ANYways...I weighed in on my scale this morning, and the needle was sort of hovering just around a number...so I'm gonna assume I lost a pound this week..gah..I wonder if it's cause I was hungry last night and ate one of those Instant Wonton lunches.....I didn;t even count the points :sniff:....well at least I didn't gain!!

Doing weights today
Old 09-03-2003, 11:09 AM   #11  
working off those pounds

Ok 2Cute's post made me want to come back and just make an entire post out of my visist here

I snacked like you would NOT BELIEVE last night..I even had a candy bar This too shall pass, this too shall pass..the good news is I still managed to lose the next morning, so we'll see.

Sandy: Yeah, I've had it time out before..I was just commenting on the the consistency of it..every time I tried the html tags it timed out...but once i took them out it posted just fine

Barb: Read above...I also had major munchies

Andria: That's great!! (Not about the pregnancy thing..the article...I'm gonna go read it as soon as I'm done posting here. I also used to deliver pizzas...made good money that way actually.

2Cute: You were here posting at the same time as me. See, it's no question of coincidence with me..I had the munchies, but they only came when I was having trouble with my boy. So it just goes to show that I still have an emotional connection to food (duh).

Well, I'm off for now ladies, I'm sure I'll post again before nightfall.
Old 09-03-2003, 12:58 PM   #12  
working off those pounds

Thin, if you have a second could you post your recipe for that frozen peanut butter treat I heard someone talking about the other day?

Thanks!

If anyone is looking for low point ideas, I just had a filling lunch..all I took was two pieces of flat bread and toasted it on the frying pan..i put in a little cheese, onion, tomato...it was soo good
And tortilla bread is only 2 points a piece :-D
Old 09-03-2003, 01:46 PM   #13  
BELIEVE!

Melissa - Is this the recipe you are looking for?

Frozen Peanut Butter Cups
1 8oz tub FF Cool Whip
6 T peanut butter
2 T chocolate syrup

Thoroughly combine cool whip and peanut butter. Spoon into mini muffin tins. Drizzle with chocolate syrup. Freeze

Makes 24

I haven't tried it yet, but it sure sounds yummy! :

Andria - I really enjoyed your article. Good Job!
Old 09-03-2003, 03:08 PM   #14  

Wink Afternoon to ya

Well I am slowly losing my thunder. I feel myself going down hill. I got on the lousy scale this morning and it read 209 again. I saw it teeter at 207 for a couple of days but it's right back up there. I've slowly been creeping back to old habits. Sunday I made an apple pie and of course I needed the premium vanilla ice cream to go with it. Then on Monday I managed to scarf down a hotdog and fried dough. Horrible! I think the only thing that saved me was being sick on Friday and Saturday. UGH. That's enough soul baring for now.
You have all been speaking about hummus. I love the stuff. It's so tasty on just about anything. I've also tried this soybean spread that was quite good as well. I think it had a few less calories than the hummus. Very good for you too!

Now for replies;

MissMeliss,
That sounds like a nice fresh lunch to make on weekends for myself. Thanks for the idea. I love fresh veggies. Yummy! Nice work losing the one pound! I think that if we snack or stray a bit that the most important thing to remember is the exercise. As long as we keep up with that I think we'll be able to eek by at a maintaining weight. Frustration.

2cute
I'm right there with you on the swimming. It's the best because you get a workout but not all the sweating, AND you feel so refreshed after a swim. Not to worry about you and hubby, I'm sure you know there are ups and downs. I hope things un-kink for you soon.

Andria,
At least your chick was actually pregnant the previous day. I mean, I don't think her reaction was exactly "normal". All those hormones still running around. It just goes to show that the person making the comment feels just as bad as the one receiving it. *sigh*

Barb,
I am totally addicted to Big Brother 4. When our power went out last week and I couldn't watch it I was freaking out. Oh, and what about that Alison? She gets on my last nerve, all that fake crying mumbo jumbo. Blech!

Peek,
40 Degrees, whoa! In August no less, I don't think I could deal with that. I always have loved Maine though.

Hi Grannie,
How are you doing?

That's it for my mini-book, now I've better get some work done. Catch you all later. I'll miss chat once again, I'm having a friend over for dinner and then it's Big Brother for me!
Old 09-03-2003, 03:20 PM   #15  

Hi guys... Andria... I loved your article !!! Did you used to live in Ft. Sill, OKla ??? I am embarrassed to say I don't know where that is. Did you tell me before you were a former Okie??? Gee, I miss my memory.

I am being productive... but had to take a break from it. LOL
Too much productivity is hard on this ole girl.

We are sure missing a lot of people around here.
Lucky, Lori, Duckie, Joanne, Joanne, Pam, Terri, Amanda, ....
Not to mention wanting to hear more from Thin, Tina, Michelle, Mary, Kat, Connie, Sandy, Natalie, Melissa, Barb, .... who else am I missing.?? There are some real oldtimers MIA... SaraJoy, Susie, TexDee, Malia, can you think of more?? I know I have left several out... please post and tell us what you are up to.
Closed Thread