Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Closed Thread

Old 09-03-2003, 09:44 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

Default Wednesday, Sept. 3

Good Morning Gang!

I'm trying to drink a cup of coffee and answer the silly phones around this place.

Just wanted to get this thread up and running!

Will check back later!

hugs,
Cathy
Old 09-03-2003, 10:12 AM   #2  

Hey guys! I am gearing up for our commitee meeting tonight at a local chinese rest. I am really trying to plan what I can eat so that I can stay OP.

I just realized that I have not had any signs of depression this summer. I am starting to think that I might just be affected seasonally. Now that I have noticed that I am not looking forward to the cooler months. I really like not being depressed all of the time. I don't want ot get on any meds b/c of the side effects that I had. What do you guys do that have seasonal depression?
Old 09-03-2003, 01:13 PM   #3  
CIN

Hi Gals
I posted a long.(really long reply) to Kemp and about this forum then did something to lose it so I will just say hello as I dont feel like retyping the whole thing!

Its still raining here.I walked 40 min in the rain today..just hooked the Sony to the top inside of the umbrella and listened to Praise & Worship music in the rain! It was fun!

Later
Cin
Old 09-03-2003, 01:27 PM   #4  

I've been rather busy the last few days! Last Sunday, about 4:30AM I woke up with a rapid heart beat, nausea and a tightness in my chest. I knew immediately it was atrail fibrillation again. I woke DH, told him to get me an aspirin and call 911. I spent a couple days in ICU (with nurses that are on either Atkins or the South Beach diet) and one in a regular room. Now, I'm on a blood thinner and a different heart med.

I told my DD to inform everyone, but I guess she didn't know that I post here!

I have lost 10 pounds since April and I'm betting that it is the SBD! I spoke with a cardiologist about the SBD and he fully agrees with the doctor who wrote the book! Carbs are NOT good for the body!

Well, I gotta try to get my tush out of this chair. The meds make me so sleepy! See ya!
Old 09-03-2003, 02:10 PM   #5  

Talking Hey!

Hi Tippy glad to hear that you are feeling better~ Congrats on the weight loss.

Morning Cathy......thanks for starting up the thread...

I went for a walk with dd 5 riding her bike ahead of me.....I hooked up with a friend at the park and had a nice visit in the sun...it is a beautiful day here~

I worked 4 hours last night in the ER....and had to be seen by the doctor myself...I have a cellulitus around my Left eye.....it is sore and swollen.....don't know how or why but I am now on antibiotics.

My housekeeper had to cancel this morning and since I had the prep work all done I have decided to run through and clean it up myself......so I am off to do that now.

Have a great day everyone!

Eliz
Old 09-03-2003, 02:35 PM   #6  

Hey gang - I just got back from walking at the mall for 40 minutes. I always feel better when I do that but it sure is hot here in Louisiana - even inside the mall. ;-)

Cin, good for you walking in the rain! you go girl. I had my joggable cd player with me today too and have a walking cd of praise & worship music that keeps me moving fast and keeps my spirits up!

Tip, I am so glad to hear that you are back home and doing ok! I didn't know you were in the hospital - sorry bout that - but please take care of yourself and that ticker girlie! and CONGRATS on the 10 lbs weightloss! WOW! that is AWESOME! do you not have a scale at home? do you just weigh in when you take a trip to the hospital?

Liz, I hope your eye gets better! I don't even know what a "cellulitus" is? how was your dd first day of school yesterday? how did it go?

Kemp? maybe since the winters are so mild here in Louisiana, then perhaps the depression will be mild too! I sure hope so!

later gaters!

Cathy
Old 09-03-2003, 02:59 PM   #7  

Good morning everyone....it is almost noon here though. Kemp.....I went off the antidepressant almost 2 months ago.....never want to go on them again.....because of the side effects.

I have seasonal affective disorder.....it was really bad the last 2 winters. The thing that helped the most was a light box. You really need one of these things.....I know it is expensive.....but you will feel so much better. I will be using mine from October until April. You have to use it when you get up in the morning....first thing....for a half an hour. When I tired going out first in the morning....then using it.....it didn't work.

Tippy.....I am glad you are out of the hospital.....take good care of yourself.

DH has been away since Monday A.M.....on a fishing trip with 4 of his friends.....he will be back on Friday.....so I am here with the dog....the dog is really sad at times....he misses him....so do I....but I keep busy.

I have been doing good with my eating this week....in the last month....I am down 6.2 pounds!!!!!!!!

April
Old 09-03-2003, 03:31 PM   #8  
Divine Gal

Hi ladies

I messed up on my points to day. But other then that I am doing well.We are going to get the truck fixed because we came into some more money YAY!!! I hate being broke.

I hope yall are doing good.
*hugs*
lynnie
Old 09-03-2003, 03:47 PM   #9  

Hey April & Lynnie! good to see ya chickadees!

April! CONGRATS! on the weightloss that is awesome! you are doing great!

Lynnie! glad you can get the truck fixed. It is so aggravating when something doesn't work! Do you go to the ww meetings or are you doing it on your own at home? are you trying the new flexpoints?

hugs,
Cathy
Old 09-03-2003, 07:55 PM   #10  
Divine Gal

Quote:
Originally posted by cathyxxx
Hey April & Lynnie! good to see ya chickadees!

April! CONGRATS! on the weightloss that is awesome! you are doing great!

Lynnie! glad you can get the truck fixed. It is so aggravating when something doesn't work! Do you go to the ww meetings or are you doing it on your own at home? are you trying the new flexpoints?

hugs,
Cathy
hi cathy
I wish I could go to the meeting; just don't have the money. But yes I do it at home and I just started the flex points last friday.I am trying my hardest not to use them though I may have to tonight... I have been doing this for over a month now and I love the results.I just wish I would have started earlier.

April Congrats!!!

*hugs*
Lynnie
Old 09-03-2003, 09:24 PM   #11  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Boo !!!!!!!!!
Old 09-03-2003, 11:38 PM   #12  
CIN

Default BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO wanted to be last!
Cin
Closed Thread