South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 07-30-2012, 06:20 AM   #1  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Default Monday Beach Chat - July 30

Good morning Beachy Chicks I can't believe July is almost over. Not sure where the summer went.

Life continues hectic this week. I am so looking forward to a few days away and time off from all 3 jobs. I am probably not working at the video store again for almost two weeks, so that should help. When I come back it will be 5-6 days/week with the AFT and my quiet Sunday mornings at the video store. Don't know why I want to keep that job, but it's kind of fun for now. I may not feel the same when I have to drag out in the winter, but I'll keep it for now.

Today it's just the two jobs and meeting with my musician friend to plan Julie's Memorial Party. I decided back in April that I wanted to throw a big outdoor party in early September. She loved that sort of thing with musicians and good friends. I picked the weekend after Labor Day, between her birthday and our anniversary. I dragged my feet for awhile but now it's coming together. I picked a beautiful spot (our second choice when we got married) for the day.

My food is better but still not perfectly on plan. I need to keep focusing. I think it's time to set some health goals for myself. I seem to do better with a daily check list to hold myself accountable.

Time to get going. Hope your Monday is smooth sailing.
Old 07-30-2012, 06:46 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Good Morning Cyndi, and all to follow -

The memorial sounds beautiful so far, Cyndi, I look forward to seeing pictures and hearing stories. I can understand how the video job would be kinda fun!

I ate quite poorly yesterday, but am still down 2 pounds from last week. Today is another day right? I have a shorter day at work, but a good client/friend wrote me last night and asked me to put her old friend (dog) today after work, so unfortunately, that is part of it too. Then if I'm lucky and no exhausted a work out, then bringing "fresh food" to my kids' kickball tonight and helping out with that.

Thinking of Ruth and Linda on their vacation, and I can't wait to get one myself!!

Last edited by TwynnB; 07-30-2012 at 08:22 AM.
Old 07-30-2012, 06:57 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 167/154/120

Height: 5' 1" (in the morning, LOL)

Good morning to all. Just waiting on the sitter then off to work. I dropped 7 pounds my first week.
Old 07-30-2012, 07:17 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Daaaaang, MoonChild, great job!! (and that's even with a choco donut last night?!?!?)
Old 07-30-2012, 07:33 AM   #5  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Wow MoonChild2....thats just fantastic!!!

Good Morning

I'm up and at 'em...work in an hour. I've got continual projects since I know Sis will be here next Monday (kitchen/refrig/freezer cleaned) and I will assume the carpet will be installed on Friday unless they don't ship it tomorrow. I usually wait until the last minute in my kitchen but remembered that I always end up cleaning my moms kitchen/refrig/freezer the day before Sis comes. I believe I've had a shift in thinking here!

Cyndi, keep focusing! It sounds like the memorial is coming together very well. I'm glad.

Twynn, take care today! You've had alot on your plate lately!
Old 07-30-2012, 08:15 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 173/157.8/133

Height: 5'4"

Good Morning, Chicks! Trying to get back into the swing of regular life after 6 weeks of "Fiddler"! I really enjoyed doing the show, but I've realized that my life needs to be 100% caught up before rehearsals start in earnest! I'm soooo far behind both at work and at home. Eeeek.
Moonchild2 - congrats! That's awesome.
Cyndi - the memorial party sounds wonderful. A true celebration of her life. Enjoy each memory while you are planning.
Twynn - Rough day ahead. I'll be thinking about you.
As for me, I'm sitting here drinking hot lemon water (yuck!) and looking forward to my AM smoothie. I'm really hoping this detox thing works so I can get back to regular Beach Life!
Old 07-30-2012, 02:47 PM   #7  

S/C/G: maintaining

Busy day so far... gym, Target run, then came unexpectedly had lunch out with DH to use a groupon that expires this week. Have some internet research to do this afternoon but really feeling a nap coming on. Of course, that won't be happening any time soon since DS is blaring the radio and shaking the whole house with the bass, gearing up to work out now that he just got out of bed.
Old 07-30-2012, 04:13 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 211/211/170

Height: 5'9"

Just a quick check in to say hi to everyone - Cyndi your memorial sounds really nice

Way to go on the 7 lbs Moonchild!!

I bought my wedding dress today - here's hoping when it arrives in December I will have to get it taken in
Old 07-30-2012, 06:39 PM   #9  

Hi Gals

I am a newbie on Southbeach- on day 1 today . I weigh 151 pounds and would like to get to 110. Atleast lose 5-10 pounds by end august .

Really impressed with your weightloss moonchild !
Old 07-30-2012, 07:33 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 209/ticker/170

Height: 5'8"

Went and filled prescriptions for my LASIK touch up later in the week... dang are those expensive w/o prescription benefit! Had a work lunch... was not that exciting... and now I get to go to a night shift. Hurray!

Gonna have to drink lots of coffee tonight... Hope everyone's day went well!
Old 07-30-2012, 09:13 PM   #11  

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenny70 View Post

I bought my wedding dress today - here's hoping when it arrives in December I will have to get it taken in
You know we will all do the happy dance for you.
Old 07-30-2012, 09:33 PM   #12  

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovetoloose View Post
Hi Gals

I am a newbie on Southbeach- on day 1 today . I weigh 151 pounds and would like to get to 110. Atleast lose 5-10 pounds by end august .
Welcome to the beach. Lots of fun in the sand.
Closed Thread