Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 07-28-2012, 05:48 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 230/ticker/150

Height: 5'8

Default PMS and RAVENOUS

So, I took my nuvaring out two days ago, and yesterday and today (less today) I have been absolutely ravenous! The BC isn't the cause, apparently my fiancé says he could always tell it was coming because a few days before I'd definitely have more of an apetite, even before we opted for BC.

Sometimes, like today, I can keep it under tabs. Yesterday, not so much. I stayed under maintenance but not by much. Help?!
Katbot24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 03:06 AM   #2  
Going, going, gone

S/C/G: 295/ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

I also become ravenous when my cycle is due. I suggest the obvious: eat more. If you're genuinely hungry, your body needs more fuel. Could be psychological or physical, but when I am really hungry, I eat. I can't maintain a diet/weight loss program if I don't listen and respond to what my body is trying to tell me. Just watch what you're actually eating--make sure it's filled with fiber, is low in sodium (to minimize bloating), and is filling for you. Also, drink plenty of water. I'm sure you're aware that a lot of times dehydration masks itself like a feeling of hunger. Get your eight glasses and you'll be feeling better in no time. Good luck!
asharksrevenge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 04:05 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 140/135/125-120

Height: 5'7

Ugh, the week before I pig out completely...(see this week, gained at least 2 pounds -.-) It took me forever to connect the dots with over indulging and my cycle. I try to drink lots of tea.. and try to eat TONS of low cal food before a meal. soup helps tons too, its warm and helps with cramps Plus, heard you burn about 100-300 calories more during the time of month, so a few indulgences might not harm you too much
lyssie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 04:29 PM   #4  
I can do anything!

S/C/G: 267/Ticker/150 & BAMF

Height: 5'9.5"

Eat more fat! Don't blow your calorie budget, but get some good quality fats into rotation. Coconut oil, Avocados, Salmon... etc.
ValRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 05:11 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 290/ticker/145

Height: 5'4"

I definitely agree with the idea of filling up your stomach with non-calorie or low-cal options. Eat lots and lots of veggies, or things very high in fiber (air popped popcorn, oatmeal, lentils), and drink water until your bursting if you have to. Even if you're still having cravings after that, you won't be able to comfortably overeat.

Last edited by kelly315; 07-29-2012 at 05:12 PM.
kelly315 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 12:23 AM   #6  
Porthardygurl

S/C/G: 315/see ticker/180

Height: 6ft

I agree....go protein dense...Eat snacks that have lots of protein in it..like cheese string cheese sticks or even a mini peperoni turkey stick...or...low cal soup...or a hearty salad with 8-12 oz of chicken on top..and if you really need something sweet...try the reese peanut butter cup no sugar added...22 calories per cup..I allow myself 5 per night..which = 180 but it gives me the chocolate i need.
Porthardygurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 02:45 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 245 / 189 / 170

Height: 5"4

I usually allow myself 1-200 extra calories a day during my TOM because I get starving as well and I've also read in several places that your body actually increases in metabolism up to 15% during, because of all the cellular activity. While I had no idea if this is actually true, and there are also an equal number of places that say the opposite (metabolism slows down), I've found that it works for me and I've never noticed a negative impact, even when I've gone as much as 300 I've pretty much always hit a new low following my period.

here are a few places I read it at;
http://www.weightwatchers.com/util/a...d=42321&sc=801

http://www.losingweight.com/question...ng-your-period

and there a places such as livestrong.com that say your metabolism actually slows down.*
Alyj89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 03:09 AM   #8  

S/C/G: size 20/14/10

Height: 5' 7"

When TOM is pending what I want to do is pig out on chocolate and chips. What I actually do is try to eat more protein. If I do finally give in to the chocolate beast I try to choose one with extra fiber (Fiber One brownie) or extra protein (fun size Reese's) or a fun size York or Mint 3 Musketeers because they aid and promote digestion (similar to fiber.) I keep these special PMS chocolates put up in my closet...out of sight, out of mind. I don't go for them until after I have tried the water, the protein, the walk, etc.
mariposssa is offline   Reply With Quote