Old 07-29-2012, 12:35 PM   #1  
Sailing the Grand Line!

S/C/G: 255/See Sig/130

Height: 5'8"

Default A little stumble and a promise.

Hilariously, after posting in another thread that I don't mind rewarding myself with food, I made the mistake of "rewarding" myself with some unhealthy choices yesterday. I went to a baby shower, but not just any baby shower; an Italian baby shower. We celebrate everything with food; **** we had a party when my grandfather died, complete with a six course meal and an open bar and he wasn't even the "favorite" of the family. So, anyway, we had cheese bread, and meatballs, and calzones, and anything else you'd see on the set of the Sopranos.

I tried to just treat myself to the healthier options, like the fish and the vegetables, but then I broke down and thought, "Screw it, I'm celebrating" and ate cheese bread and lasagna... oh and cake. I ended up not feeling after so I know it wasn't the best thing for me to do. I also weighed myself that night which was a stupid thing to do because 1.) I know this slip-up won't make me gain a ton, and 2.) it just depressed me to see the number shoot to 168 (thinking I had ruined everything for the week). This morning I was back to normal, 164ish and I realize it hasn't completely derailed me but I was disappointed in my lack of willpower.

Anyway, I wanted to vent that out and also make the promise to get back to the gym this week coming up. I have been relying on diet a lot since I have been in class and working this summer but I know I need to get back in the gym to see some real breakthroughs. I hope this rambling wasn't too long and I also hope you ladies and gents have a great rest of your weekend!
Thousandsunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 01:07 PM   #2  

S/C/G: HW-267/SW-252/ticker/GW-180

Height: 5'2"

Don't beat yourself up. You have come so far and are really close to your goal, one night of indulgence isn't going to derail that.

You have already shown that you have enough willpower to lose over 70 lbs!

Keep up the good work!
westcoast rosa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 08:12 AM   #3  
Sailing the Grand Line!

S/C/G: 255/See Sig/130

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoast rosa View Post
Don't beat yourself up. You have come so far and are really close to your goal, one night of indulgence isn't going to derail that.

You have already shown that you have enough willpower to lose over 70 lbs!

Keep up the good work!
Thanks!!
Thousandsunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 03:25 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 206/165/140

Height: 5' 5.75''

I think your thoughts on the subject were great and shows you've got exactly what it takes to succeed. Not everyday will be perfect. Maybe you won't workout as hard or maybe you partied hard. That's not everyday. If it were easy to live life while being fit and happy with our body image, this site would be unneccessary.
Aunrio is offline   Reply With Quote