View Single Post
Old 07-26-2012, 11:15 AM   #84
rainbowsmiles

S/C/G: 399.7/IP Start 397.2/312.0/199

Height: 5'8

Default Pan Seared Mahi Mahi with Roasted Red Pepper Remoulade and Cheesy Cauliflower Timbale

Pan Seared Mahi Mahi with Roasted Red Pepper Remoulade and Cheesy Cauliflower Timbale

soooooooooooooo delish!!!!!!!!!!!
I LOVE GRILLED LEMON!!!!!!!

get your pan good and HOT.....add your mahi mahi to the pan...HEAR THAT SIZZLE!!....YESSsssss!!!!....then reduce the heat to medium...and pan sear your mahi mahi in a tiny bit olive oil for 5 mins on each side over medium heat.

you can use up leftover steamed cauliflower for this...or steam some fresh until good and tender...then i put mine through the ricer...

i use this one...the oxo ricer that has 3 settings....and i use the smallest setting for the cauliflower.

when using a ricer, i use 2 bowls, one to catch the excess water...as i squeeze gently and release any extra water and just as the cauliflower is starting to come through the holes, i switch to the other bowl and catch only the pressed cauliflower...this eliminates any extra water so your pressed cauliflower is not watery!!!

i added the land'o lakes 3 cheese blend!! mixed well and placed into a ramekin and baked 10 mins on 350 degrees!!

then you turn it upside and it pops right out onto your plate!! i garnished with some red onion slices!!

don't forget to grill a lemon half for squeezing over top!!!
OH MY GOODNESS THIS WAS SO DELICIOUS!!!!!!

Fresh Flake-y Fish with the spicy red pepper roumelaud was the perfect accompaniment to the Cheesy Cauliflower Timbale!!!