South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 07-26-2012, 05:44 AM   #1  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Default SBD Chat - Thursday, July 26

Good morning Beachers I can't believe July is almost gone! Looks like the heat and humidity are letting up for the time being. I'd be happy to know the worst of that is over for the season, but who knows this year!

Another crazy day around here. Once I get to the end of next week things will settle into place. I'm only doing the bus run through next Friday then the kiddo goes on vacation for a week. That gives them time to find someone else. For now I have a color-coded Google calendar to keep me on track. Just need to get a smartphone so I can check it easily.

Today includes all three jobs and lunch with a friend. I'm so glad I discovered the crockpot frittata technique. I'm tossing some chard, eggs, and goat mozz in for lunch. Yum

Well, better get moving. No time to sit around Hope your Thursday is a breeze
Old 07-26-2012, 06:05 AM   #2  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning

Thanks for getting us started, Cyndi! I, too, can hardly believe July is coming to an end. Enjoy your visit with your friend

I'm up early(ha ha)...nothing new about that. Mom and I are driving to Glenwood this morning and I'll enjoy a reunion with my water aerobics friends. We return tomorrow night and I'm thinking Kirk will stay on for a few more days. He's been enjoying his pool therapy as he continues to get stronger and stronger.

My computer is acting up and I need to get it packed.

Have a great Thursday everyone!
Old 07-26-2012, 06:20 AM   #3  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Hey! It's RAINING!!!!! And I don't care if it's Delta Fair Opening Day but am rejoicing in it. The Fair still opens today but crowds will be down and some of the midway rides don't operate in the rain but still ... you can almost hear the ground sucking in the moisture. (City people crab about not being able to water their lawns but around here the folks crab about crop failures and starving cattle. Pick your crab.)

I'm very, very tired this morning after working in the Fair Office until 9:45 last night! 7:30 a.m until 9:45 is a looooong day. I did get home for two half hour breaks to look after my furries but still! This morning I work with a judge doing crafts and Junior work and then and take her to lunch. Then home for a nap. Opening Ceremonies at 6:30 p.m. where I hand over the Citizen if the Year award to the next recipient.

Whine! Whine! Whine! I must learn to just say no.

Sorry for the crabbing but I'm very overdue for a vacation. Maybe some place nice with a Beach, no computer and no telephone?
Old 07-26-2012, 06:41 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

It sure isn't cooling off around here. We're supposed to have a heat index of 106*, with severe thunderstorms this afternoon. What a summer!

Cyndi, It's a good thing you'll only be juggling 3 jobs for a week! Your lunch sounds pretty good, enjoy!

Ruth, doesn't it always rain on opening day? I know you need it badly though. That was an extremely long day you put in yesterday! Do you know who will be the next recipient of the Citizen of the Year award? And be assured that we're BOTH going to have a very restful, relaxing week at the beach next week. We both need it!

Debbie, enjoy your trip to Glenwood Springs and have a safe drive.
Old 07-26-2012, 06:48 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Awww, all this talk about the weather makes me realize I need to check out the forecast for the day, although working 9-7 I guess it doesn't matter a whole lot! It's so overcast right now, I am sure we are to get rain. Since I'm near Cottage, I'll have to see if we're anywhere near her heat index, I hope not! since the a/c at work does not work too well...ick....

Told myself that since my guests are gone, I need to get back on the wagon, and had a successful day yesterday with that. One day at a time, right? I'm doing it with my niece, who does WW.

The Reesie pup is doing okay. She has one resistant lymph node, which is not a good sign . She does enjoy being spoiled though!
Old 07-26-2012, 07:01 AM   #6  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Just came back to edit out some of my crabbing but I'm too late! I shouldn't crab so much when a lot of what I do is self-inflicted. I am very lucky to be able to work that long at my advanced age!

Cottage, yes I do know the next Citizen of the year and am prepared to give him a big hug when I hand over the crown tonight. Gerald is a quiet guy of about 60 who does a lot around here including digging graves in the cemetery. I saw him yesterday at the Fair and he told me he has kept it a secret - has not even told his wife.

Time for breakfast, a shower and then outta here!
Old 07-26-2012, 07:27 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Good morning, schorcher here today with terrible storms predicted later. Which translates into a very busy day at work and a miserable commute home. Oh well only need to get through today and tomorrow. I cannot wait for vacation to start!!!

Had some yummy homemade zucchini bread last night. No nuts, but the raisins were a nice treat. His son is allergic to nuts. John ( my friend / partner at work) made one for me and one for my friend Joe wo has kept him well stocked with venison this year. I really am fortunate I have really good friends.

OK time to wash my smoothie and coffee cup before the chaos begins!!!!

Ruth keep us posted on the fair.

TwynnB I hope Reese's lymph node cooperates.
Old 07-26-2012, 08:10 AM   #8  

S/C/G: maintaining

We are excited that it rained here last night too!!!! It won't make much of a dent in the drought but we'll take it. I'm off to yoga this morning then have an eye exam this afternoon.

Have a great day, everyone.
Old 07-26-2012, 08:42 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 167/154/120

Height: 5' 1" (in the morning, LOL)

Good morning all. I just came back from a short walk as it's only 73 and overcast. I'm starting day 4 and feeling good.
Old 07-26-2012, 09:48 AM   #10  
south beach dieter

S/C/G: 302/ticker/153

Height: 5'67"

ummm i gotta tell u something chick........dunno how to tell u...............ummmmmm...................i just reached my mini goal 5 days in advance i did.
i didnt think this month will be a good one since the first 2 weeks i didnt loose about nothing. but now yay i did it and as i promised myself if i reach my goal i will buy me some fish for my acquarium

so to the pounds

Last edited by irinaelenav; 07-26-2012 at 09:50 AM.
Old 07-26-2012, 09:55 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 167/154/120

Height: 5' 1" (in the morning, LOL)

Quote:
Originally Posted by irinaelenav View Post
ummm i gotta tell u something chick........dunno how to tell u...............ummmmmm...................i just reached my mini goal 5 days in advance i did.
Way to Go!!!
Old 07-26-2012, 11:08 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 211/211/170

Height: 5'9"

Great job irinaelenav - and Moonchild that would have been some vacation up here in the heat - bet it wasn't much different from Tampa!! Yay to the Ontario rain - my flowers will be glad - and hopefully this will help all the farmers too - day 4 for me and I am going to an inn with my friend this weekend so I am packing my cooler full of phase 1 foods
Old 07-26-2012, 12:48 PM   #13  
Am I there yet?

S/C/G: 198/152/maintaining

Height: 5'7"

Couldn't walk the dog today because of an early morning thunder storm. Kind of miss the exercise since it's about the only workout I get. Congrats to irinaelenav and way to go MoonChild and jenny70.
Old 07-26-2012, 12:50 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 195/180/155

Height: 5'9

Hi ladies,

I'm new here and I would like to introduce myself a bit. I'm from Quebec, Canada, mother of two beautiful kids, works in the IT environment and on day 4 of SB diet. Being a francophone person, you will quickly noticed my English grammar is not perfect... but I do my best

For the last few days, I have been reading a lot of topics on this forum which I find is fantastic and very helpful. It is motivating to read the successful stories and all the recipes that are available.

As per a friend's advice, I take Potassium, Calcium and Magnesium caplets to compensate all the fruits I am not eating. I also take multivitamins.

I would like to know if any of you felt sick or weak during Phase 1, especially in the afternoon? I suppose it is due to my system being low in sugar??? Does it go away after a few days?

Thank you
Old 07-26-2012, 12:55 PM   #15  
Am I there yet?

S/C/G: 198/152/maintaining

Height: 5'7"

Hi Draghoula, I felt sick during Phase I and put it down to the sugar detox going on. By the time I neared the end of Phase I it went away and I've felt great ever since. Hang in there, it will get better.
Closed Thread