Weight and Resistance Training Boost weight loss, and look great!

Old 07-24-2012, 12:24 PM   #1  

Default Back to kettlebells...

There's a wonderful old thread many pages down & many months in the past called "Fun with Kettlebells" that has gobs of good stuff, but I decided to start a new thread... anyway, I just started kettlebells again after over a year off & am hoping I can stick with it this time... two years ago, I did a KB workout every single day, along with some cardio (mostly on my antique NordicTrack ski machine), & the results were amazing... I went from a size 16/18 to a size 10/12 in about 6 months... I admit, I was also doing a very low carb eating program at the time, but I've tried doing that in the past year without KBs & it just didn't produce any positive results... so, here I am, back into a size 14, wondering what the heck happened & I'm pretty sure the solution to my problem is kettlebells...

I started out this morning with a warmup on the NordicTrack, then did about 15 minutes of KB -- swings, curls, presses -- & wow, was I out of shape!.. so, as the days go on, I'll just try to push myself a little at a time to get back to the workout I was doing 2 years ago... my goal is to be back into those 10/12s by Thanksgiving (or even smaller!.. dare I dream?).. I'll also be getting back on the low-carb diet eventually...

I'm going to be gone to Colorado for about 10 days, starting next Sunday, but I can take my KB with me... I'll also be doing lots of hiking, so the trip shouldn't set me back any at all, in fact it might be just the boost I need... the diet will most likely suffer, my mother is the best cook, & just about anything she fixes is impossible to resist...

So, that's my story & I'm sticking to it... I hope there are others who will join me in this journey... maybe we can conjure up a challenge in the near future, something like 3,000 (5,000, 10,000, whatever number we choose) swings a month... it'll be fun!..

hugs
Aunt Sheshie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 02:41 PM   #2  
Staying the Same

S/C/G: 160+/116-120/maintainer

Height: 5'5

Yes! Dream!

I like to use the KBs at the gym though they are small (the heaviest is 20 pounds). When you say "swings" what exactly do you mean?
krampus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 02:50 PM   #3  

Kettlebell Swing - YouTube
Aunt Sheshie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 04:06 PM   #4  
Staying the Same

S/C/G: 160+/116-120/maintainer

Height: 5'5

Ah, thank you, that clears it up. I'd been thinking of those as squats.

Thinking of getting some for home...I get really shy monopolizing the tiny mirrored floor area at my gym. Love that you get weight and cardio in one go with KBs, perfect for a lazy person like me.
krampus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 06:38 AM   #5  

Height: 5'6"

Ooh! I just started using kettlebells the week before last, and even though I'm not using them every day (I'm going to do them 3x/week and cardio 4x/week). I'm using 25lbs. and do a beginner workout from Marianne on myomytv.com. I'm only at 2 circuits, just yet.
Still, just like I've read from other users of kettlebells, I'm already seeing results! My legs are already starting to look a tiny bit like their old selves, which is a relief.
Yay, kettlebells!
RVAscreenwriter is offline   Reply With Quote