Mini-Goals Even if you're not at goal yet, this is the place to share your successes and achievements along the way! Success can be measured in many ways besides the scales. Tell us about your triumphs, including Non Scale Victories

Old 07-24-2012, 12:39 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 257/160/135

Height: 5'5

Default 3 Hour gym workout!

Last week I only went to the gym 2 times (from my normal 5-7)

So today I made up for it by doing 3 hours of cardio and only 5 min break every hour.
BlackBarbieKiss125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 01:57 AM   #2  
I can do anything!

S/C/G: 267/Ticker/150 & BAMF

Height: 5'9.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jez View Post
http://www.marksdailyapple.com/chron...#axzz21W4OgVpH

(ETA: There are better links, but I'm off to sleep. You get the idea. )
I was just looking for this link, to post it... but you already did .

ValRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 08:45 AM   #3  
Just watch me ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBarbieKiss125 View Post
Last week I only went to the gym 2 times (from my normal 5-7)

So today I made up for it by doing 3 hours of cardio and only 5 min break every hour.

That's a great article link. I think that 3 hours of cardio...don't make up for working out less than usual during your week. It doesn't work that way.

Last edited by Exhale15; 07-24-2012 at 08:46 AM.
Exhale15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 11:02 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 225/ see ticker /147

Height: 5/4

Hi barbie! First of all congrats on your weightloss thus far Looking at your stats your doing a great job!! While doing 3 hrs of cardio is not the best choice maybe this was just a one time deal. We all know what our bodies can handle and whats best but reading the article that was posted I think it had some great advice. I applaud you for getting to the gym...thats something I should be doing lol
roxybabay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 11:17 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 200+/168/130

Height: 5'2''

As soon as I saw this thread I was hoping someone would post a link about the topic. It's always tempting to do extended amounts of cardio, but I've heard a bit about it not being the best choice to burn fat. It's amazing how complex our bodies are.

Good job getting back to the exercise after a little time off! I find that's the most important thing, to not let any slip ups stop us completely.
CanadianMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 05:03 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 257/160/135

Height: 5'5

Um, I am over 200 lbs, I will do whatever I have to do to lose weight.

Also, my life is really slenderly the other hours. So the way I see it is I the only time I am up and walking around (or standing up for that matter) is when I am at the gym.

My goal is (when I get to goal weight) is about 1 hour workout 4 times a week (even though I don't really know what it takes to maintain my goal weight since I am not there yet so this number is up for adjusting)

Also, Biggest Loser people workout up to 5 hours a day.

So in short, this is the only time in the day I am doing stuff, the other time is spent sitting. There are 24 hours in a day and I usually workout for only 1 hour and half.

Roxy, thank you for the support. It can be really daunting to start a weight loss journey on here when everyone has made progress to their goal and your just starting out.

My advice to you is to weigh only once a week (as you are more likely to see numbers move than doing it everyday) and to start using the animations I use for every 5 lbs. Also post when you have small accomplishments, like maybe working out 5 times or even losing your 1st lb.

Good luck girl, and see you at the finish line!
BlackBarbieKiss125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 07:27 PM   #7  
Just watch me ...

Um, I am over 200 lbs, I will do whatever I have to do to lose weight.

Look into ways to get more movement into your daily activities...walk at lunch, to/from work (?)...It's more healthy and better for weight loss/maintenance to have a more active lifestyle, which would include formal exercise, but not be exclusively gym time. Also, I believe the Biggest Loser isn't the best measure of healthy weight loss. It may be good TV, but it is extreme and, remember, the contestants are living in an artificial environment and doctor supervised.
Exhale15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 09:44 AM   #8  
300+ Chick

Yahoooo!!! Awesome!! Keep up that fitness mindset going!!
Liliann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 06:03 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 208/162/140

Height: 5"3

Girl, you gotta start lifting some weights.. makes you burn more calories 24/7 and won't make you bigger

Also be careful of endless cardio and doing things Biggest loser style, its edited fantasy and they don't show you the loose skin or rebounds, do lots of cardio because you love it, otherwise interval training is so so good for weight loss.

I told my gym instructor that I was getting into running and she was a bit like pfft I suppose its alright for stamina.

Also see on youtube BBC's Horizons The Truth about Exercise.
swissy is offline   Reply With Quote