Old 07-23-2012, 09:25 AM   #1  
focused and aiming

Default Core/simply Filling Weekly Chat July 23-30, 2012

New pages.

Pam, your quilt is beautiful. Thank you for showing it to us. I make the 3-2-1 cake. Right now I'm down to the bottom of my cake mixture and I think there's a little more angel food than white. The last one I made was weird. I'm going to get more cake mixes when I go to the store next. Thank you for thinking of me.

Bob is here to clean flowerbeds and weed eat. We're readying for another day at home.

Pam, your mil's illness has to be hard on all of you. Bless her heart. That has to be panicky for her.

Tomorrow I'll go to WW. So far it's looking like a maintain. I think that's good considering all that's going on around here. Maybe I will start moving that needle down on the scale next week.

Ya'll have a good day.
ontarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 01:15 PM   #2  
beachbum

Hi Ladies

Sorry for being MIA again,after Mass and Brunch I sat down and rested,later on in the afternoon I met Mary and her daughter at Eli's restaurant.Ate again too much.Will will I ever learn.

Nothing really new, my DD & her family went to Ireland this morning.Going to be there for 10 days. Once she get back,if she doesn't have to much to do with the unpacking and laundering she might come up to me at the end of the month if not she she'll be up when the kids get a holiday from school.

SANDRA-Thanks for the new pages,best of luck for your W-I at WW tomorrow.
beach bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 03:00 PM   #3  
focused and aiming

Maryann, I don't think we ever really conquer our eating problems. I think they are lying just below the surface and come back every now and then to bite us.
Old 07-23-2012, 04:07 PM   #4  

I didn't realize it was a new week. Let me share my quilt link again, for those that will miss it in the old thread.....

http://www.flickr.com/photos/pam920/7629392070/

Maryann, it's doesn't seem fair that now that we are older, we have to watch every bite we take. I think when you hit 60, you should be able to eat as much as often, and whatever you want. Sounds good to me.

Sandra, I made the 321 cake the other night in my ramekin and it boiled over while in the microwave. Never did that before. I guess I need to mix mine around again before i use it again. I am making my grandsons these fake ice cream sandwiches. I am using devils food cake, plain yogurt and light cool whip. Mix and sandwich between grahams. Freeze for at least 1 hr. The last ones I made were a big hit with them. A little too sweet for me, so this time I bought sugar free cake mix.
pam920 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 05:59 PM   #5  
Chick

Height: 5'4"

Hi Gals,
Pam, I used your link and saw your quilt. REally beautiful. Lovely.

Judy
Good luck to all!
Itryharder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 06:22 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

Pam, the quilt is lovely. I've never tried quilting, but other family members do it.

Surgery was July 6, Sandra. The sprain was late May. I'm healing well, according to doc. The pain is more from swelling and the fact that the leg has been giving me fits all year. I hope Curtis is feeling OK today. It's tough with the meds, and tough without them.

Overeating dogs us all Maryann.

Nothing much happening here.
Tejas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 07:11 PM   #7  
focused and aiming

I agree with Pam. After 60 we should get a free pass and calories shouldn't even add up.

Rhonda, are you going to have to have something done about your leg pain?

Pam, thank you for the "sandwich" idea. It sounds good.

Curtis is feeling better today. Yesterday was a bad day topped off with post surgical depression. Who'da thought Monday would be a better day? Glad it is.
Old 07-23-2012, 10:39 PM   #8  

Sandra, that is common to have depression after surgery. I know after I was diagnosed with heart disease and had my stent put in, I went through a rough patch. Glad Curtis is doing better today.

Rhonda, it seems like forever you have been dealing with your foot. I miss hearing about all your exercising and dancing. I hope things start to look up for you soon.

Thank you Judy. How are you doing on core?

Sandra, I made the sandwiches today for the boys. I had too much cake mix and after I used all the graham crackers, I used what was left this way...I have one of those mini cupcake pans. I put a spoonful into each and a bit of cool whip and froze them and the boys loved them more than the sandwiches. So, next time I'm going to just make the mini cupcakes.
Old 07-23-2012, 11:28 PM   #9  

So, here's more about my foot! Tonight I got to wash it for the first time since July 6th. That felt sooo good!!!

Sandra, I'm hoping that the various leg ailments have been related to the need to have foot surgery and that all is going to be well as soon as this is over. I mean, why not!?

I went to the gym and did upper body work. I've got great biceps! Bu, no tap dancing stories for a while. We've taken July off anyway.
Old 07-24-2012, 01:58 PM   #10  
focused and aiming

Rhonda, it's good to hear you're clean and exercising. Way to go, Cuz!

Pam, the mini cakes sound good. (And easier)

I went to WW this morning and am down 2.2 lbs!!!! This afternoon I'm meeting a couple of friends to fling some arrows at a local shop. Curtis is napping now but is planning to go with me. Life is good.
Old 07-24-2012, 02:44 PM   #11  

Sandra
Old 07-24-2012, 05:33 PM   #12  
focused and aiming

Thanks, Rhonda. I was thinking that, too. A friend is bringing us dinner. She's doing Atkins now. I think she's bringing roast and salad. I'm looking forward to it and to sitting on the front porch with her.
Old 07-25-2012, 12:01 AM   #13  

wtg Sandra. Amazing loss this week. I won't be around tomorrow. Going shopping with my daughter.
Old 07-25-2012, 10:01 AM   #14  
focused and aiming

Good morning. We're up and about. I have already watered and we've had our walk. Looks like we'll be going to visit the new archery shop folks this morning. We'll visit them at their present location. The new one's scheduled to open the first. I had a Fiber One Brownie for bfast along with some cantaloupe. 2 pts.

Pam, have fun shopping.

Vickie, how's Brodie?
Old 07-25-2012, 10:42 AM   #15  

For the first time in 2 months I slept for 6 straight hours. That felt really good.

I'm starting a no-wheat approach to eating for a month and see what that does. I'm also going back to no-sugar-added approach, except for this: I'm sharing a hot fudge sundae with DH once a week. Life's too short.

I hope you all have a great day.