Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 07-21-2012, 12:05 PM   #1  

S/C/G: CW/GW: 56/50

Default Stuck! (?)

Hi everyone, I'm new to the forum here because I need some advice!

I've been losing weight for a couple months, trying to lose the extra I put on later in college. So far I've gone from 65 kg to 55 kg, through a combination of regular exercise and basically just following the rules of eating only things that I REALLY want to eat and at times when I am both truly hungry and can enjoy eating them.

My goal is the doctor-recommended (and personally preferred, as well) 50 kg, which is only 5 kg/10 pounds away.....but I can't seem to make any progress for the past 2-3 weeks now. The scale and my measurements have fluctuated around my current condition, but not permanently moved any lower or smaller.

Does anyone have suggestions for how to jumpstart weightloss again when this happens? I've wondered if it's just because my body needs to take a break from losing, settle for a bit, or something like that? Sounds so unscientific, haha, but then again, "scientifically," I should still be losing weight regularly at my calorie intake and activity level.

Thanks for your help!
jsmaps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 12:55 PM   #2  
Stephanie

S/C/G: 236/135-140/More Fit

Height: 5'6"

Hi! I'm in the same boat as you! After 60 pounds lost since the very end of December, I've been stuck for about 3 weeks now. I'm just keeping at it, and just for fun I did a "refeed" yesterday (aka "cheat day", but I don't like the word cheat). So we will see if it works. I don't really have any advice, just wanted to let you know you're not alone!
LockItUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 11:31 AM   #3  

S/C/G: CW/GW: 56/50

LockItUp, thanks for your reply! It's so good to hear I'm not the only one. I'd heard about it happening plenty, but it'd never happened to me before, haha.
I've started having "refeed" days too, every other day though actually, just going high and low calorie (I don't keep track of calories by the number). Let's see if it helps!
jsmaps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 07:55 PM   #4  

Height: 5'6

this worked for me and my friends who have lost alot of weight, as crazy as it sounds but have a good ol' cheat day. the next week, get back at it.. youll start to lose the weight again truuust me.
luckystreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 08:25 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 153.5/119.4/116

Height: 5'2

I found that really works for me as well. A little jump start to my metabolism
WAHMto5 is offline   Reply With Quote