Old 07-18-2012, 10:57 AM   #1  
Less than 15 now!!

S/C/G: 220/*ticker*/145

Height: 5' 4"

Thumbs up Hey There Chicks!

Just a quick hello!

I used to participate on this forum regularly, but sort of had to take a *break.* My weight loss had stalled, and I was obsessing over it. I missed the conversations and the support, so I decided to come back and see what's shaking!

Hope you all have a blessed day - and remember - you are so much more than a number on a scale! <3
mortonpixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 07:40 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 169/144/135

Height: 5'6"

Welcome back Mortonpixie! I totally get where you are coming from. I obsesse over the scale. Regardless how many compliments I get or attention from my bf I still think I'm a "chubbster." Unfortunately sometimes we can't see what other people do. Maybe I'm not exactly where I want to be but I came a long way from where I was so I'm grateful for that!
ja2ma6lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 09:17 AM   #3  
Positive Focus

S/C/G: 225/ticker/125

Height: 5'1"

Hi Pix!

I miss the forums, too, but I took a break because I was letting it be a time zapper for me. I can't spend an hour a day on a forum. Also, I got so tired of the focus of my life being weight loss. Everything everyone wanted to talk to me about was that and I was ready to make it just part of my routine and get on with my life a bit more. I've maintained for the most part since my original loss, but I've made a lot of improvements in my fitness. I've still been running and lifting. Being active has never left my routine. Even if I have a week here or there that isn't perfect, I still get back on it. Nothing makes me feel better like running and knowing that I am taking care of myself. I'd like to lose another 20lbs or so by bathing suit season, but honestly, I'm happy. I'm a size 10, I can run a 5k for a daily workout, I can shop where I want to and just live a "normal" life. A lot of the motivation to get to a particular goal is gone. Honestly, my goal now is just to keep on keeping on - continuing to make myself and taking care of myself a priority and continue making healthy food and exercise choices. It's not as easy as it sounds, though. I've certainly learned that maintenance is just as hard as weight loss. I had a few weeks where all of my old habits came crashing back on me. It scared me to see how easily it could happen. But, I think that I've been active and healthy long enough that those habits rebelled and kept the others in check. I love watching all of your progress and seeing how well you balance such a busy life. It's an inspiration!! I'll try to do a better job of popping in here, but otherwise - glad to "see" you!!
BeachBreeze2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 11:39 AM   #4  
Stephanie

S/C/G: 236/135-140/More Fit

Welcome back.
LockItUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 12:57 PM   #5  
is a persistent thistle

S/C/G: 230/see ticker/133

A break is a good thing every once in awhile. The support here is wonderful, no denying, but it's so easy to get caught up in it and too focused especially because it's so easy to compare yourself to others here.
Hope you're feeling better about things. Welcome back!
Thistleberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 02:33 PM   #6  
Lifelong Alaskan!

S/C/G: 230/180/150

Height: 5'5"

welcome back!

im still posting over on the exercise accountability thread that you started in this subgroup
alaskanlaughter is offline   Reply With Quote