Old 07-16-2012, 06:42 PM   #1  
IP attempt #2

S/C/G: 213/213/140

Height: 5'1

Default Restricted packets

Hi, all! I have a question. I have not been doing a restricted every day. The coach that my mom sees says she has to have 1 a day no matter what. My coach says no more than 3 a week.

I am going to be travelling soon, and I wanted to do easy things. I was thinking cereal in the morning, bar for lunch, drink for after dinner.

I guess my question is - did anyone see a real slow down doing a restricted every day?? My mom started right from the get go with a restricted every day, so she is no help.

Thanks for the answers/insight!
GeauxTigers82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 07:00 PM   #2  

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeauxTigers82 View Post
Hi, all! I have a question. I have not been doing a restricted every day. The coach that my mom sees says she has to have 1 a day no matter what. My coach says no more than 3 a week.

I am going to be travelling soon, and I wanted to do easy things. I was thinking cereal in the morning, bar for lunch, drink for after dinner.

I guess my question is - did anyone see a real slow down doing a restricted every day?? My mom started right from the get go with a restricted every day, so she is no help.

This is just my opinion, as I have fairly slow losses, but honestly, they weren't any higher when a coach limited the restricteds for the first 3 weeks. (My few 3 lb weight loss weeks were with restricteds every day).

Take the bars on your trip. Enjoy them. Have 1 each day.

I looked at your losses. Without/limiting restricteds you had a 1 lb loss week (still good!). You had a good loss this week, which might mean that you are in line for a smaller loss next week anyway.

Taking the bars is going to make it less stressful for you to travel and stay 100% OP and there is a great value in that. You can even flip lunch and dinner. It is nice to be able to have a bar for "dessert" when everyone else is eating their dessert. Additionally, if you can't control the spacing of your meals, you can have a bar in your purse.

In the big scheme of things, if the travel days/week loss is a little smaller, you will still hit goal.

I have had good losses after I have travelled, and I nearly always have a restricted every day.
infoplease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 07:28 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 234/231/180

Height: 5' 8"

Everyone is different. I did a restricted a day and my losses were fine. Then towards the end I went to 3 / week and it kept my losses going just fine.

I chose to have mine in the AM to give myself all day to work off the extra fat/calories and carbs. Don't know if that's a good strategy, but some of us where told it help while others were told it didn't matter...

They are tasty and help with being able to eat "real" food! I say have one a day!

Have a fun vaca!!!
New Englander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 07:50 PM   #4  
Restart 12/29/13

S/C/G: 172/160/135

Height: 5'2

Personally, I would pack the bars. I don't have a lot of experience, but I would think the restricted would help give you "travel fuel" as your activity may be more than your typical day. Again, no experience either way. Have a great trip!
RN4Babies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 07:54 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 168/138/130

Height: 5' 2"

Quote:

My coach took me off all restricted packets and bars last week, and I lost 3.5 pounds, which is a lot for me. I am lucky to lose 1.5 in a week. But everyone is different. I am really sensitive to carbs.
Delgen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 08:26 PM   #6  
Started IP 4/4/2012

S/C/G: 267.8/150/150

Height: 5'5'

I average about 2-3# per week

I tried restricted every day for breakfast and had a .8 loss, the following week I did none, and lost 2.8. I average about 2-3# per week.

I figured I'd try it because other people have them everyday and have better losses than I do. Oh well. I like my shakes, my dark chocolate pudding and broccolli & cheese soup.

I agree, if it's going to be easier to stay OP while our traveling, take the bars.

Last edited by Lynnie63; 07-16-2012 at 08:27 PM.
Lynnie63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 09:03 PM   #7  
Began IP 3-29-2012

S/C/G: 470/316/220

Height: 6'00"

I like chocolate shakes for an easy meal on the go I have several extra shakers, 2 of the little IP units, one at work and one more at home. I also have a pair of bigger bottles and I take them with me with water in it so I can mix one up when I need it.
usmcvet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 10:34 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 204/143/135

Height: 5' 1"

The current protocol sheets say you are allowed one restricted a day from the first day you are on IP.
patns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 10:37 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 236/216/135

Height: 5'4"

My coach told me no more than one restricted per day. I have been pretty nervous to try many restricted so have limited myself to maybe 3 per week and have had consistently good loses, but I am only three weeks in so this might change.

I agree with PP, it'll be easier to stay 100% on program the easier you make it on yourself, so if you think it will be better to take bars, go for it! Good luck to you!
mom2hi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 11:22 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 240/175/170

Height: 5 10

I had a restricted everyday throughout phase 1 & 2, and continue in phase 3. They are part of the program and should be eaten everyday. Once in a while I would have 2 in a day if I had to take a bar due to being on the run. I lost consistently every week.
Zartas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 01:01 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 204/143/135

Height: 5' 1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zartas View Post
I had a restricted everyday throughout phase 1 & 2, and continue in phase 3. They are part of the program and should be eaten everyday. Once in a while I would have 2 in a day if I had to take a bar due to being on the run. I lost consistently every week.

I think it is unfortunate they are called restricteds as they are a daily part of the program. "Restricted" seems like something forbidden. Maybe something like "limited" would has worked better.
patns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 01:14 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 297/297/175

Height: 5'5"

Honestly I am not an expert on this as I am on week one but the goal of the program is to stay OP 100% of the time. The bars are part of the plan and im sure it would be better to have a convenient bar on Vacation then a 'convenient' burger or chips at a gas station.

I hope you have a great time on your trip!!
SheenaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 01:52 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 168/138/130

Height: 5' 2"

Quote:

I am traveling this week, and I bought 3 weeks worth of IP to take with me. I got low carb things like omelet and chicken soup. But I also bought 2 boxes of bars to make things easy for me. I want to keep the carbs low, but I will need the bars for sure!
Delgen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 08:48 AM   #14  
IP attempt #2

S/C/G: 213/213/140

Height: 5'1

Thank you for all the insight guys! We are going out of state for my sister in law's wedding and we are staying with my mother in law. I don't want to be a burden with my ip food choices (she knows I am on the diet and is completely supportive and accommodating). I just don't want to impose, know what I mean?
GeauxTigers82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 10:59 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 228/200/185

Height: 5'9"

I have one restricted packet every day, between dinner and bedtime, and my weight loss has been good. My coach says that based on the body composition analysis, my metabolic rate is extremely high, and I feel that it is in part to the restricted packet. I also hike 45-60 minutes every day and have an extra half a non-restricted packet before exercising (sometimes a whole packet if I push harder or longer), so I have 3.5-4 packets a day.
Violetgal is offline   Reply With Quote