Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 07-16-2012, 08:58 PM   #1  
Stephanie

S/C/G: 236/135-140/More Fit

Height: 5'6"

Default Someone smack me

I've been trying very hard to be logical and rational the last couple weeks. I KNOW that weight loss is not linear and that there is a difference between fat loss and weight loss!!!!! I KNOW I KNOW I KNOW!!! But I'm about to lose my $h!t.

I seriously have gone through 3 scales trying to keep myself from losing it. I pulled my old one out and that 4 lbs I thought I've lost, I haven't. I haven't lost any weight this month!

I honestly feel like a crazy person right now! Am I eating too much? Too little? Is it the foods I'm eating even though the calories are in range? Are my macros off? More cardio? Less cardio? More weight training? Less weight training?

When I read these types of posts by other people I always say to be patient, trust the process, if you are eating in a deficit you WILL lose etc. etc. I totally know these things and I tell myself these things, but I still find myself thinking I must be doing something wrong!

I'M DRIVING MYSELF INSANE! I want to crawl out of my head to make it stop.

I don't know what I'm asking for here really. Commiseration? Tough love? A slap in the face to snap me out of this?

LockItUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 09:13 PM   #2  
Hi, I'm Lauren! :)

S/C/G: SW:209 / CW:184/ GW:~160

Height: 5'4

*thwap*

YOU CAN DO THIS, LOCKITUP!

Hope that helps!
mimsyborogoves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 09:21 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 247/see ticker/140

What about measurements? Try and take them and if you don't gave any prior let these measurements be your starting ones... Just an idea
Thedollylala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 09:22 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 255/holding at 162/160

Height: 5'-7"

Here's my little smack X - You always have such wonderful insight. Just hang in there and things will move a gain. As you said, trust the process. It is VERY frustrating to see a stall on the scale, but you know things will change again soon. I think we worry too much about the tiny details. Just keep eating a healthy diet within an appropriate range of calories and the weight will come off.

Hang in there - here's a hug, too

Lin
linJber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 09:24 PM   #5  
Hi, I'm Lauren! :)

S/C/G: SW:209 / CW:184/ GW:~160

Quote:
Originally Posted by linJber View Post
Here's my little smack X - You always have such wonderful insight. Just hang in there and things will move a gain. As you said, trust the process. It is VERY frustrating to see a stall on the scale, but you know things will change again soon. I think we worry too much about the tiny details. Just keep eating a healthy diet within an appropriate range of calories and the weight will come off.

Hang in there - here's a hug, too

Lin
This. I was being short and sweet, but you always help us out and we need to help you out. It will be okay and the scale will change, you just gotta BELIEVE!
mimsyborogoves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 09:51 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 331/164/164

Height: 5'8"

I will give you some empathy. I have been there, where you think you have done everything right - and probably have - yet the scale doesn't reflect all your good work. In fact, a situation similar to this one is what derailed me a few years ago after I had lost around 100 pounds...

Don't give up. You will get through this! Have you been doing a lot of weight training and adding more muscle? Is it that time of month? One thing that always gets me is sodium intake...if I have too much sodium, I drink tons of fluids and end up with a lot of water weight.

Or maybe it's the dreaded "P" word: Plateau. If so, maybe it is time to change things up, like a different or more vigorous exercise plan.

Good luck, you will get through this
KittyKatFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 10:39 PM   #7  

Height: 5' 8"

What time did you weigh on your old scale? My weight fluctuates 3-4lbs through out the day.

I know it is difficult to wait it out. I am irritated with my scale right now too. I am just going to keep on plan and keep on going...eventually the scale will have to give in and give me a nice woosh.

I hope the woosh fairy comes to visit you soon!!!
envelope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 11:10 PM   #8  
Porthardygurl

S/C/G: 315/see ticker/180

Height: 6ft

BACK AWAY FROM THE SCALE!!! BACK AWAY FROM THE SCALE!!! DO NOT TOUCH THE SCALE...

Did that help? No? Ah...well...all i can say is...time will tell and so will your clothes and even though you want to see that number change on the scale..its better not to look too often at the scale..you will get too discouraged..If you are driving yourself crazy..it means you need to take a break from that darn scale and just trust in your program you are doing...
Porthardygurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 11:24 PM   #9  
Still Chubby

S/C/G: 79.8/72.5/66kg

Height: 172cm

We judge ourselves by the scale not because its the most accurate measurement of our evolution and success, just the most convenient.

At least you aren't gaining. I know that might seem like very little consolation when you're putting in so much effort...but its still something.
tinneranne2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 12:08 AM   #10  
Laura

Location: The beautiful Pacific Northwest! Tacoma, Washington

S/C/G: 330/268/150

Height: 5'7"

I totally understand. I was getting to the point that I was obsessing about the scale. That's why I had to stop weighing daily. You will lose eventually if you stay on plan but I know you know that already. You gotta quit obsessing though. For me the answer was to only weigh twice a week, but that might not work for you.
Chubbygirl253 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 03:56 AM   #11  
funny mummy

S/C/G: 166/150/130

Height: 5ft 6"

Ive been there for the past 2 weeks. Exactly same, I *know* im eating right/exercising, IT WILL COME OFF! It drove me insane, I woke up this morning and I'd dropped 3lbs overnight Keep going you will get there! the scale is just a tool, it says your not gaining at the moment which is huge in itself, pretty soon it will say, well done! youve lost x amount. Do you have any smaller clothes you can try on instead?
Lilbert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 05:59 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 195/180.2/165

Height: 5'9"

I am right there with you!!!

I have basically resigned my self to never losing weight ever no matter what. My nutritionist (and RD) says it may take weeks to see a connection between what I'm doing and what the scale says. I have done a BodPod with her which measures fat vs. lean mass, so I'm hoping after 3 months there is a change in that.

Then I was flipping through pictures last night on my phone and came across some from October and holy heck my arms were huge! I was shocked. But happy that I could actually see a difference.

Try looking through some old photos.

and get rid of at least 2 of the scales...
seagirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 06:23 AM   #13  
August 2013 restart

S/C/G: 248/229/139

Height: 5'2"

I am with you right now, Stephanie!
I have seen your numbers over the weeks through the challenges, and you have lost at an amazing rate!! Be proud!!!

I just told my husband this morning after the scale was mean to me (LOL) that this is the crap that throws me off every time. I work my *** off (or at least try to) I stay on plan, and when the numbers start slowing down I say, screw it, all the work's not worth it and up I go again.

This time I am just determined that it's different. I have talked to myself over and over about how plateaus and slowdowns, etc, are going to happen, and regardless of whether the scale reflects what I am doing or not bottom line is I am doing my body good no matter what and it IS worth it! So right now I am just repeating that it's okay and am mentally more prepared for it this time.
It still sucks, but I almost feel like it's a test to see if I really, truly want this.

Hang in there! And get rid of either the old or new scale I also wish I had been taking measurements. I was measured back in Feb for something and I am going to see if they still have them. I think I will start measuring once a week when I weigh-in to have another gauge.
DaugT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 08:51 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 200+/168/130

Height: 5'2''

Trust your body. You know what you've been doing has been working for you. You're giving your body everything it needs to be healthy, good food, lots of exercise and water. Your body is obviously working on something, maybe water retention from the heat? Gaining muscle/repairing muscle? Either way it can only be something healthy because you're treating your body well.
CanadianMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 08:53 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 274/see ticker/175

Height: 5"4

i am stuck too, i'm on medication and not sure if this is suddenly stalling my weight loss...there are no concrete answers i just need to keep pushing through...as do you. It will happen...have faith
Chrissy31 is offline   Reply With Quote