Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 07-16-2012, 09:17 PM   #1  
the aly bagel

Height: 5'8"

Red face Needing some motivation...

Ugh. For the past 2 months I've not been exercising regularily. While I've still been eating around 1500 cals a day, the fact I cannot motivate myself to exercise is killing me.

It seemed to happen right around when summer started and I rather sit around sweating to death or go out and do something like lounge in the sun.

I've been keeping my water intake high, but I feel bloated lately, gassy, and just unwell. I somehow feel it is because I've not been exercising, since everything else I have stuck to.
I haven't lost any weight (a few inches at best) and despite my best try with eating low cal I never seem to lose anything unless I combine it with exercise.

Can someone give me a kick in the behind? Also, has anyone tried swimming for exercise and how did that work for you? I never feel like I'm getting a workout because I can't feel myself sweat.

Last edited by schubunny; 07-16-2012 at 09:21 PM.
schubunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 09:31 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 247/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4

Find an exercise you enjoy try walking a scenic trail it's so nice and refreshing to be in nature.
Thedollylala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 09:38 PM   #3  
the aly bagel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thedollylala View Post
Find an exercise you enjoy try walking a scenic trail it's so nice and refreshing to be in nature.
I do have something I enjoy, but for some reason I'm exhausted in the morning and instead sit on my butt until I go to work.

I think I'm going to get my exercise clothes ready and will do it up. If I can at least get 15-20 minutes in and work myself back up then I will have something. Sigh. It's cardio I hate, and I've tried everything. I think what I was doing before is the only way I will be able to work it in until I get back to the gym in the fall.
Old 07-16-2012, 09:44 PM   #4  

S/C/G: HW-267/SW-252/ticker/GW-180

Height: 5'2"

To motivate myself to keep on track with eating right and exercise I registered for an 8k in October. I also find that having an exercise buddy helps me stay committed.

I have also done aquafit classes is the past and loved them.

Last edited by westcoast rosa; 07-16-2012 at 09:45 PM.
westcoast rosa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 09:46 PM   #5  
the aly bagel

Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoast rosa View Post
I have also done aquafit classes is the past and loved them.
Do you find the classes worked well in terms of weight loss/calorie burn? I own a 24 foot pool and am thinking of doing laps every morning before or after my bodyrock training as a form of extra calorie burn. Of course I won't be able to do it come September but it would work until then.
Old 07-16-2012, 09:54 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 331/164/164

If you hate cardio, maybe you could take up weights? Or do more weights if you are already lifting? It is important to find some sort of activity you like. Maybe it's not even traditional exercise at all, but gardening, house cleaning, walking a dog, etc.
KittyKatFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 10:03 PM   #7  
the aly bagel

Quote:
Originally Posted by KittyKatFan View Post
If you hate cardio, maybe you could take up weights? Or do more weights if you are already lifting? It is important to find some sort of activity you like. Maybe it's not even traditional exercise at all, but gardening, house cleaning, walking a dog, etc.
I LOVE doing weights and body weight training, so it's the majority of what i do, but it seems to suck in terms of weight loss. I should be losing a lot more than I am.
Old 07-17-2012, 04:00 AM   #8  
funny mummy

S/C/G: 166/150/130

Height: 5ft 6"

you own a pool???? Get in there!!
Lilbert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 08:54 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 200+/168/130

Height: 5'2''

Huge second to Lilbert's comment.

Swimming is GREAT exercise. I had a pool growing up as a teenager and every summer I lost weight just from spending the majority of my day hanging out in it, not even actively exercising.
CanadianMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 05:04 PM   #10  
tamIam

S/C/G: size16/size14/size10

Height: 5'7"

Here is a thread from 2010 about working out in a small pool. I dont know if I can post threads or not but I'll try. Or you can google working out in a small pool.
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/exer...mall-pool.html
greeneggsandtam is offline   Reply With Quote