Old 07-16-2012, 08:27 AM   #1  
Southside White Sox Fan

Default Core Simply Filling Weekly Chat - July 16th through July 22, 2012

Hey Chicks! Have an incredible week.
Vickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 10:04 AM   #2  

On Simply filling can you have salmon handroll sushi with brown rice?

Last edited by paulny; 07-16-2012 at 10:06 AM.
paulny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 10:51 AM   #3  
Southside White Sox Fan

Sandra, praying for Curtis.
Old 07-16-2012, 11:33 AM   #4  
beachbum

Good Morning Ladies

Heard on the radio that they are putting up a breathing alert for most of the north east. TG I got my walking done along the beach for a t least 10 mins.,tonight I will go on my exercising bike.

After Mary and I went to the movies we when to SOPRANO"S Italian Restaurant. I had a veal and eggplant parm combo,but I only ate 1/2 of it as the plate was piled high of the stuff. I put the rest in the freezer for another meal during the week.

Have to have my car inspected on Wed,hope that its not a long drawn affair as I have to meet a woman that I went to Medjugorji with at Friendly's for lunch at 1 PM. Than on Thursday I meet up with Rita again at another restaurant.How am I going to lose weight with all the eating out?????Good Question.

Oh by the way, my handyman called yesterday afternoon when I was out,so he must have been busy all last week, TG nothing serious happened to him.

VICKIE-Thanks for the new pages.

SANDRA-Sending prayers for Curtis's. surgery. How everything goes well.

Have a great day
beach bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 11:44 AM   #5  

morning chicks.

Sandra, Curtis is in our thoughts and prayers. Keep us updated.

Maryann, eating out will eventually pack on the pounds, even if we make healthy choices. We don't know how much oil, etc they put in the food.

Hi Vickie, bye Vickie.

paulny, I have no idea. I don't eat sushi.

I'm off to the big city to get some shopping in. I've been in the house since hubby went to his parents, other than meeting up with my granddaughter to pick up Kayleigh. We met half way and exchanged her, lol. Wanting to get paint for the craft room, but not sure what color. Eventually I'll have a bed in there too, so I need to think this through.
pam920 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 05:36 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

Height: 5'4"

Paulny, I don't eat much sushi either. But, you can have it as long as you don't other rice or rice like foods during the day. You can find guidelines in the sticky section I believe.

Sandra, thinking of you.

Eating out requires a lot of discipline..salad, grilled chicken and no salad dressing or rolls. Me? Today I had a hamburger.
Tejas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 06:41 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 153/142/130

Height: 5'2"

Sandra, praying for you and Curtis!
sloanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 08:21 PM   #8  
Chick

Hi,
In 2000 I was a Core member, did well, and eventually switched over to the regular WW program. Now I feel I would do better on the Core program again. Could someone please let me know how many weekly extra points we got on Core-----I know about the Core foods and even have my list, but I can't remember at all the number of extra points. My friend said we had them and I don't remember any extra points at all. Any input would be so helpful.
Thanks
Judy
Itryharder
Itryharder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 07:53 AM   #9  
Southside White Sox Fan

Hi Judy....I'm on the run this morning but wanted to let you know that we had 25 extra points a week on the original Core program to use for non-food Core items for for ingredients in recipes that were non-Core. Hope that helps to get you started.

Talk to the rest of you Chicks later...probably tomorrow since I'm stuck at home all day!
Old 07-17-2012, 10:52 AM   #10  
Chick

Vickie, you are so kind! That was exactly what I needed to know. Thanks a million!
By the way, since rejoining WW is 2000, I have lost 50#. Not where I want to be and I guess some of us take longer Lol, but I'm doing okay.
Best of luck to everyone here.
Judy
Old 07-17-2012, 02:17 PM   #11  
beachbum

Hi Ladies

Had to go get my inspection sticker this morning,but I got there late and I had to wait for1 1/2 hrs. to get the waited on. Now I have another appointment to change the oil along with the oil filter and check all the liquids.

Going to stay in doors,with the a/c on again for the second day in a row.

PAM-You are correct but guess what I now have two luncheons this week Wed & Thursday. I think its a summer thing with people that don;t like to cook on these hot & muggy days. Hope you had a great time shopping.

RHONDA-So I guess anything parm is not a good choose. Have to go back to my grilled chicken.

JUDY- to the thread, sorry I'm not into sushi either.

Have a great day
Old 07-17-2012, 06:22 PM   #12  
Chick

Hi, thanks for the nice welcome. I'd like to introduce myself. I'm Judy (Itryharder) and I've been with www.3fatchicks.com since 2000. That year I hit my 10% and felt I'd just keep on going. I've changed my lifestyle plenty, but haven't hit goal yet. Lost 50# and have stayed about the same give or take ten pounds for the last year. I've got about another 40 or so to lose. Right now I post over at the Turtles site and have been doing that for years. If you gals have ideas about what you're actually eating for favorite breakfasts, lunches, and dinners, I'd love to hear. Good luck to everyone!
Judy
234.6/187/thinner to goal (about 148#)
Old 07-18-2012, 11:08 AM   #13  
focused and aiming

Welcome, Judy. I think I have seen you here on 3fc before. We're glad to have you here with us. This is a "neat" group of Chickies.

Rhonda, I hope you're healing well and can soon be back to your normal activities.

I want to thank all of you for your thoughts and prayers. And, Rhonda, thank you again for the phone call. Curtis and I came home yesterday. He's doing amazingly well. Today I'm dusting and rebooting program. Sort of had a hiatus the last few days. I slept well last night here at home. That will help me get back on track, too.

Ya'll have a good day.

Last edited by ontarget; 07-18-2012 at 11:21 AM.
ontarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 11:22 AM   #14  
beachbum

Good Morning Ladies

Last night we go a heavy wind minus the rain,but this morning it feeling a little cooler as there a soft breeze blowing down by the beach.so I go my walking done. No for a few for mins on the bike tonight and I be all set for committing to my exercising today.

JUDY-I used to go to WW but not any more as I was with them for 36 weeks the first 13 on the flex program where my leader didn't think it was working for me and she told me to go over to the core it worked for a while but than I gained it all back. After that I spoke to my doctor and he told me that I was insulin resistant and I would have to follow a stricter plan such as Atkins or other LOW CARB program. I'm now on watching calories and limiting carbs like bread,pasta rice etc. I do eat corn ,beets and other high carb veggies but not the starchy ones which are helping.TG I found a low carb bread that Pepperidge Farms put out is only has 5gr carb per slice.
My first 10% goal is 148 and than my second would be 133. Don't think I will ever reach the latter.

SANDRA-Your welcome,we all have to stick together as we are cyber sisters.We posted at the same time. Happy all is well, with Curtis and thinks are going back to normal.

Have a great day

Last edited by beach bum; 07-18-2012 at 11:25 AM.
Old 07-18-2012, 04:22 PM   #15  
Southside White Sox Fan

Horrible weather here and it is affecting my breathing. I'm hiding in the air conditioning whenever possible. Severe drought in Illinois so produce from here will be an issue in the fall. They keep saying we'll have rain but it is very spotty and we don't seem to be getting much here in Tinley Park.

Ran errands yesterday but it is brutal to go in and out of the air conditioning. Ugh.

Today was home appointment/estimates with Service people. Cleaning lady and date night tomorrow. The weeks fly. I'm feeling quite disgusted with myself so I know I'm getting closer to portion control and healthier eating though I've made strides in the last couple of weeks.

Sandra, may we have a Curtis update?

Rhonda, how are you coming along?

Off to shower!