Old 07-15-2012, 11:55 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 297/297/175

Height: 5'5"

Smile Starting IP Tomorrow and NERVOUS!!

Hey everyone!

I have been researching IP for a while and last week met with my new Coach. She was so great and helpful. She spent almost two hours with me!

I decided to start tomorrow because I had been planning a stagette weekend for one of my dearest friends and I just really wanted to enjoy myself without worrying about going off plan.

Basically I am posting this because i have a few questions:

1) My coach didnt say too much about salt but from what ive been reading it seems very important. Does it have to be sea salt to be affective? Or will table salt do the same?

2) When eating my veggies should I measure them before I cook them or after to make up my 2 cup portion? Can I use balsamic Vinegar?

3) My coach gave me like 7 bars...But from what Im reading people arent even eating them in their first few weeks!! I dont know what to do then..Do I just eat one a day or none at all? Should I go back to my coach and buy different options?

4) Ive been reading a lot about peple making muffins wit their IP packs. Can i make them a few days in advance? Do tey keep well?

I want to thank everyone in advance because I DON'T want to fail. I really want to have the same success as you guys. I really appreciate this forum and how supportive everyone seems to be!

Thanks again -Sheena
SheenaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 12:48 AM   #2  

Hi and welcome!
All meat and veggies need to be weighed and measured before cooking.
You should be using sea salt.
I also read about some not using bars for the first couple of weeks but my coach gave them to me and said I could have one per day, I haven't had any problem losing having them!
Sorry, I have no idea about the balsamic...I don't like it so didn't pay any attention!
Just make sure to follow your sheet and you will do just fine!
mightbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 12:50 AM   #3  
Started IP 09/05/12

S/C/G: 203/160/160

Height: 5'7"

Hi Sheena! Welcome to IP

I don't know if I can answer all your questions properly but I'll do my best. First of all, there is no need to be nervous, this diet is well-designed and easy to follow. If you have questions, you can call your coach (I had to a couple of times) or ask on the forum.

1. Having salt is essential, as IP is very low in sodium. We eat no processed and commercial foods, where most of the normal dietary sodium sources are. It's important to have some sea salt, the exact amount may vary but half a tsp seems reasonable. Add it to your veggies, meat, pancakes, soups, and even in a glass of water if you can't fit it in otherwise. Chances are, if you ever feel weak/nauseous it is due to low sodium. Have a glass of salt water then. I was told not to have table salt because of the additives. Sea salt contains over 60 oligo-elements that are beneficial for your health.

2. Always measure food before cooking. 2 cups of rhubarb is only like half a cup cooked. Balsamic vinegar is not allowed; too many carbs. You can have apple cider, and I don't really know which other ones are allowed.

3. I was not allowed bars in the first week, presumably to kick off the carb addiction. They are much higher in carbs than the other food so you are allowed one per day (they are called "restricted" products, and include chips, bars, cookies, oatmeal, chili, soy nuts and puffs, etc). Some clinics allow bars from day 1. Others recommend to wait a few weeks. Some people are better off not having them at all, while for others it's ok. If in doubt, call your coach and ask. In any case, only one bar or restricted per day.

4. About the muffins: I can't answer, sorry. Never bought those mixes, as I cannot go without my chocolate soy puffs or caramel nut bars. Muffin/pancake/crepe mixes are considered restricted. Check out the recipe thread though, there are some good ideas in there, namely pudding "cakes" and zucchini banana "bread". That can replace muffins.

If you follow the plan, you will not fail. Just remember that by cheating, you are only cheating yourself. I am living proof that it works, I could not stick to any diet whatsoever! IP makes it a no brainer, but it helps to be creative in the kitchen. Good luck on your wonderful weight loss journey!
Kikie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 12:54 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 168/138/130

Height: 5' 2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheenaB View Post
Hey everyone!

I have been researching IP for a while and last week met with my new Coach. She was so great and helpful. She spent almost two hours with me!

I decided to start tomorrow because I had been planning a stagette weekend for one of my dearest friends and I just really wanted to enjoy myself without worrying about going off

2) When eating my veggies should I measure them before I cook them or after to make up my 2 cup portion? Can I use balsamic Vinegar?

3) My coach gave me like 7 bars...But from what Im reading people arent even eating them in their first few weeks!! I dont know what to do then..Do I just eat one a day or none at all? Should I go back to my coach and buy different options?

Thanks again -Sheena
I had bars the first week. My coach wanted to ease me in.

And no to both basalmic and wine vinegars.

I would be sure to ask your coach all kinds of questions, and follow her lead. She sounds great!
Delgen is offline   Reply With Quote