PCOS/Insulin Resistance Support Support for us with any of the following: Insulin Resistance, Syndrome X, Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome, or other endocrine disorders.

Old 07-15-2012, 07:39 PM   #1  
Party Starter.

S/C/G: 200/183/140

Height: 5'3"

Default Recently diagnosed PCOS, insulin resistant

Hi ladies. Just diagnosed by an Endocrinologist as PCOS with insulin resistance. I was put on BC (Necon) and just a week ago I started 500mg metformin with breakfast. I had symptoms since I was much younger, but was able to give birth to preemie twins in 2002. No history of twins in my family. So... not sure where that came from. But, I have classic symptoms of PCOS for years and years, and no doctor ever bothered to send me for testing.

So far, the metformin has been ok. I am going through a really bad break up (2 years together, engaged, now everything is destroyed) so my eating has been pretty much non-existent. I've lost 13lbs in a month. The metformin nausea and diarrhea side effects doesnt help either. I've been taking the supplement CLA because from all my research it is supposedly effective with insulin resistance and increasing metabolism without the jitters and junk in traditional diet pills. It also helps your body build muscles better. So far, its been ok.

I needed something to get through this incredible, all encompassing depression so I signed up for a Spartan Race in November. This is not one of their big ones, its just a time trial but with the obstacles and stuff. I am excited, but feel way out of shape for something like this. I started the Couch to 5k program and day one was ok... three days of muscle soreness after was not. Day Two of the program was tough to get through but I stretched well and feel great for tomorrow mornings run. I want to add strength training and up the ante in the next few weeks once I get used to the running program.

Anyways, I am just happy to have found you all. I used to post here a long time ago, but totally fell off the wagon. Now to undo all the hard work I once did. I used to be in pretty decent shape. I hate starting from square one. But, it is what it is.
fromshantoslim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 09:45 AM   #2  
PCOS/IR/Hypothyroid

Height: 5'8"

Welcome!

Not sure where Necon falls on the list but check this article out:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/pcos...ills-pcos.html

Some useful links:

Inciid FAQ
http://www.inciid.org/faq.php?cat=infertility101&id=2

Mary's PCOS Treatment FAQ
http://pcosfaq.com/

And there's more in the PCOS articles area and at Soulcysters.

PCOS patients present in at least 5 ways -- check it out.

Again welcome! It's awesome you signed up for your race!

A.
astrophe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 03:45 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 192/176/130

Hugs! Break-ups suck!

Hope your progress continues and your success with taking Metformin continues!

Hang in there!
scorpgrl11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 08:12 PM   #4  
Party Starter.

S/C/G: 200/183/140

Thank you so much for all the links!!! Awesome info!
fromshantoslim is offline   Reply With Quote