South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 07-14-2012, 06:31 AM   #1  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Default SBD Weekend Chat, July 14-15

Good Morning Beachers

What's on your agenda this weekend? I work both days, which is ok, since we purchased carpet yesterday. Food is OP and vegetarian these days. DH and I are both transitioning nicely...our new choices fit with SBD just perfectly. We've been picking raspberries and sour cherries, both of which are going right into our morning smoothies. Yum.

We've been drinking coffee and Kirk has decided to take a cat nap. Guess I'll get some chores done and make sure my lunch is packed. Our town has a big event this weekend and I figure we'll be very busy at the restaurant.

Stop by and say hi

Have a great weekend everyone!

Last edited by Lexxiss; 07-14-2012 at 06:35 AM.
Old 07-14-2012, 06:48 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Hi Debbie. It's nice to see another early-chick. I actually slept in until 6 this morning after my DWARP evening. It was a fun night except there were a lot of voracious mosquitoes down at the Lake. The book we discussed was The Book Thief which I didn't get read. However, after the enthusiastic reviews from others, I may get into it again.

This morning I have to go to town to get a plug for the end of my soaker hose and some more coffee - the last is essential. Luckily the hardware store is open early so I'll do that and then be back home in just over an hour. No other shopping today as I need to do a rum cake for tomorrow's picnic and get at the Mill tax return. We also have a Board meeting Monday afternoon where the annoying Directors will want a financial report. "We have enough money for now' doesn't seem a satisfactory report although that's really all they want to know.

It's already getting hot out there so it's time to batten down the hatches and set the AC. I dread seeing my electricity bill after so many weeks of AC and the well pump running but the options are a miserable me and dying plants or just pay the bill and don't gripe.

On we go with the weekend. Make it an enjoyable one!
Old 07-14-2012, 07:00 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good morning, Debbie. I'm finding that more and more people are turning to the vegetarian diet every day. Enjoy your smoothies, and especially those sour cherries. My aunt used to make the most wonderful sour cherry pie with a streusel topping and a sour cherry pudding that was more like a coffee cake.

We've been getting a steady, soaking rain since around 4am, and right now it's delightful with the windows open and a bit of a breeze, but it's supposed to be brutally hot and humid later today. Jake and I are sipping our coffee and planning our day, but we don't have any obligations. I'd like to run down to Total Wine in DE for several bottles to take along on my beach vacation, so maybe we'll do that later this morning.

How's your weekend looking?

Hi there, Ruthie! Yes, indeedy. Coffee is essential!

Last edited by cottagebythesea; 07-14-2012 at 07:02 AM.
Old 07-14-2012, 07:30 AM   #4  
GlenwoodHotSprings

Linda, I hope "Total Wine" is your most difficult chore today.

Ruth, stay cool! We've had an enjoyable summer now that the bedroom is downstairs. It's 10 degrees cooler plus we have direct access to the cool night air.

Well, I've gotten some chores done and it's almost time to move back downstairs for more coffee. Think I'll get dressed for work first then I can relax as long as possible.
Old 07-14-2012, 07:35 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Good morning y'all!

Debbie - hope you're not too worn out today from work, but that smoothie sounds like a great start!!

Ruth - I'm always looking for a good book, you'll have to let us know how you like it! I'm with you on the electric bill, it will be a scary one.

Cottage - I don't think it rained here...we get missed a lot being right in the middle (monkey in the middle?). Mmmm.....I need some wine, can you pick me up a bottle?

Slept til 7 (WOO HOO!), need to be to work at 9. I'm a bit apprehensive...it's a packed day. Work has been wearing me out lately! Then, I may stop by the arts fest sans children before going home, if the weather's not too crazy. DH has a flying lesson tonight, I told the kids if they're good (cough cough bribe cough) that I'll take them to see Ice Age while dad is gone. I do keep forgetting we have a cook out tomorrow for church, and we signed up to be the main barbequers...must go shopping!

And...need to pick up wine...I might need that tonight the way the day is looking!
Old 07-14-2012, 07:40 AM   #6  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning.

We are going out to eat with friends this evening. DH and I are heading to Sam's Club later this morning to take advantage of their free health screenings. Our plan is to get there a bit before it starts and hope we don't have to wait in line for hours.

Have a great weekend.
Old 07-14-2012, 10:49 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Good morning, too busy chatting at work and almost did not check in. Everyone has enjoyable plans for the day. Just hope everyone finds a place to stay cool. Actually accomplished a few household tasks after work last night. Tonight I plan to prepare a shrimp scampi style dish over spaghetti squash. Proud that I forced myself to get a quick work out in last night despite wanting to do nothing. If I don't move enough my ankles become kankles! Enjoy you day
Old 07-14-2012, 03:09 PM   #8  
south beach dieter

S/C/G: 302/ticker/153

Height: 5'67"

heelo everyone i have some questions: what say u about melon? and how much is to much concerning crackers?????

for the rest doing pretty good i am not complaining(to much)
Old 07-14-2012, 03:30 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 245/ticker/125

Height: 5'2"

Hey everybody! I'm just finishing up the end of Phase I, and I can tell a huge difference already. My body does NOT react well to carbs, particularly gluten-y carbs. I went off plan yesterday for supper (we went out and I couldn't resist Longhorn's mac and cheese. I did, however, skip the bread like I was supposed to, lol), and now all I can think is CARBS CARBS CARBS! MUST HAVE CARBS!

There's a pizza place not far from me that makes a potato skin pizza (mashed potatoes, pizza crust, bacon bits, and cheese. Oh, and a side of sour cream.) and it's taking ALL of my willpower to stay in my room! I think I need to stay on Phase I a few more days to get myself under control again!
Old 07-15-2012, 06:27 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Welcome to the Beach, penmage, and a Good Sunday Morning to everyone.

It's looking rather gloomy and overcast here and I think we're in for another day of rain. I got a lot accomplished yesterday, giving the house a thorough cleaning and cleaning and organizing dresser drawers, and tried making my very first batch of homemade yogurt. I haven't tasted it yet, as I let it cool and thicken overnight, but I'm looking forward to trying it.

I'll have the dehydrator running all day today with a batch of green beans and beet chips, and Jake's been hankering for lasagna, so that will probably be the plan for supper with a vegetarian version for me. I think all the kids and grandkids will be her to make for a houseful.

How's your day ahead looking?
Old 07-15-2012, 06:44 AM   #11  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning. My day is looking steamy and I am going to work hard to keep my cool both physically and mentally. Things did not start well as "somebody" had a potty accident in the back room and I washed the floor before I had my coffee.

Got lots done yesterday - going to town early was a great idea! The repaired soaker hose did a good watering job out front and I even found some marigolds and asters to plant in the veggie garden "just for pretty" as a dear old lady used to say. The cake was perfect and I'll be glad to get it out of my house at noon for the picnic in the park.

I'm hoping for some "me" time this afternoon after this dreaded picnic. It's a "family" picnic for one of the most dysfunctional families I know. I'm kicking myself for saying I'd go but ... I'll leave when the fights start!

Off to Church shortly, probably with Jazz. It's already very hot but a new guy is coming and is bringing his dog so we need dogs there this morning to keep up our reputation as a dog-friendly Church. Rather than coffee this morning, we'll have lemon iced tea and store-bought date squares.

Have a great Sunday whatever you do and stay COOL !
Old 07-15-2012, 07:13 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Good Morning, Ruth a dog friendly church, that is amazing. Maybe I should move north! We have an annual blessing of the animals mass, but that's it. I too awoke to a special wet present in my kitchen. I used to blame these presents on my little dog, but from the sheer volume it must have been my old guy. My vet thinks he has issues with confusion. He is 13 otherwise healthy, just mistakes the kitchen garbage can for a tree on occasion.

Linda I hope the yogurt is delicious, please tell us the results

Need this heat to break, been struggling with water weight all week. Kankles are not attractive lol. Today is my last shift then back on Wednesday for another long week. Oh well only 13 days until vacation. Can you tell I cannot wait to go!
Old 07-15-2012, 07:20 AM   #13  
GlenwoodHotSprings

Good Morning

My day is looking "busy". I'm off to work in 20 min.

Yesterday turned crazy but I stayed OP. Kirk's DD had her baby while I was at work necessitating a 10 min. turnaround at home before driving down to the hospital. Compounding things....I got a call at 556 am that I was supposed to be opening at work (thought I was 7am gal). I left without smoothie and worked my shift without feeling hunger. I made the smoothie before the hospital trip at 230pm. I didn't partake in take out chinese which I ordered and picked up for the new dad. Instead, we stopped at Whole Foods for a tasty caesar salad topped with tofu. Work again today, but gratefully no trip should be necessary.

Happy Sunday! PS. the baby (lil girl) is beautiful.
Old 07-15-2012, 09:40 AM   #14  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning Chicks I've been popping in and out reading but it's a busy, hot weekend so not much computer time. I've agreed to make a decision about my old job by Wed. night, so spending time thinking that through. I negotiated for about half the turf, so could be more manageable and the evil ED is gone. Things to think about!

Debbie - that's so exciting! i saw the picture this morning, what a cutie
Old 07-15-2012, 04:56 PM   #15  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

Closed Thread