Closed Thread

Old 09-01-2003, 10:03 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default I Lost My Virginity!

I finally got sucked in to this whole eBay thing and actually bid and bought an item! I got the Body Flex thingie for $50 Canadian. Now I will cross my fingers (and my legs) to see if it really does come as promised.

Does anybody else buy on eBay? I have lots of stuff I could probably sell there. Hmmmm - a whole new career.
Old 09-01-2003, 10:07 AM   #2  
Cute & Fluffy

S/C/G: 219/217/150

Height: Short!

I have gotten a few things on Ebay, and it all came as promised. Though I have just bought collectables - ornaments & Beatles toys.

I hope your first time is as good as mine was.

And who says we think about sex too much...
Old 09-01-2003, 10:10 AM   #3  

Height: 5'-2"

No, but I'm DYING to use my credit card. I wouldn't mind selling some stuff, too!
Old 09-01-2003, 10:17 AM   #4  
In Control: E+R=O

I've bought quite a few things on e-bay, and never had any problems. The important thing is to check the feedback of the seller, and if you see anything that sends up red flags, don't bid on their stuff. I've never sold anything though, so don't know how that process works.

Be warned though.....it can be addicting!!!! Especially when it's down to the last few minutes of an auction and you get into a bidding war with someone else!! Needless to say, I've spent more on a couple of things than I should have because I got too caught up in the moment, and just HAD TO WIN that item!!
Old 09-01-2003, 05:49 PM   #5  
Cookin' With A Vengeance!

YUP!! Me too!!! I'm an ebay SLUT!!!!
Old 09-01-2003, 09:23 PM   #6  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

I'll probably work my way up (or is it down?) to eBay sluthood.
Old 09-01-2003, 10:25 PM   #7  
the kid's counting on me!

I'm reformed...only go there around the holidays for difficult to find items. My daughter's babysitter is a doll collector so i bought her two of the Wizard of Oz Barbies last year. I also bought my daughter a half size guitar...new...great price...for Christmas last year. I shopped around first and that was the best deal. On Ebay. Never had any problems with the sellers or delivery...one thing that I will say, especially if you're into dolls or stuffed animals or other collectibles...some of the sellers mention, smoke-free home, and some don't...
if you don't smoke make sure you ask if the seller is a smoker...

Of the two dolls that I bought only one was from a smoke free home and the other reeked of cigarette smoke...even two weeks after it arrived...yuck...it was still in the original package and the cardboard must have absorbed the odor...
Old 09-02-2003, 08:12 AM   #8  
Imagine...

I am still a virgin...wow, long time since I said that LOL. I'm afraid if I start I won't be able to stop.
Old 09-02-2003, 11:48 AM   #9  
Queen of China

I am such an ebay slut...its so sad. I love looking at all the stuff and bidding, and I have gotten some great things! BUT...a friend of mine had her credit card used when she used paypal. This happened twice, luckily she caught it in time, and it was traced back to Asia, but please be careful out there.
Old 09-03-2003, 04:00 PM   #10  

I understand the whole getting caught up in winning something. One thing to remember is to look at the sellers other items, quite often that item you simply must have has a dupicate, and the seller has it. So you may not have to spend more money on it if you just wait it out.
Old 09-03-2003, 04:03 PM   #11  

another thing to remember is that if you dont want to use your cards, must of the time you can mail a money order. I stopped using my card after my step father had problems after using his. Now I make sure that I check to see if the seller takes money orders or email them to ask. I haevnt had anyone tell me know yet and I buy quite often.
Old 09-04-2003, 04:28 AM   #12  
Searching

Thank goodness it was e-Bay. You have no idea the places my dirty mind went to. (Something about Ruth joining an S&M club and now we can call her mistress! LOL!)

Miss Chris
Old 09-04-2003, 07:39 AM   #13  
Imagine...

hehehe it wasn't what I was expecting either.
Old 09-04-2003, 10:52 AM   #14  
Cookin' With A Vengeance!

DITTO!!!!
Old 09-05-2003, 06:52 AM   #15  
Must Shrink.

I got into Ebay in June, and only this last purchase is not promising.... I didn't check his feedback and realize that although he does a lot of business per day he really gets a lot of negatives.

It's been nearly a month and he hasn't sent my Yoga DVD, and won't respond to my emails. I'm giving him to the end of the month and then I'm going to have to leave a negative, and then his pattern is to leave an insulting negative on my record. sigh.

Always check feedback!!!!!

Lois
Closed Thread