Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 07-12-2012, 10:06 PM   #1  
Stephanie

S/C/G: 236/135-140/More Fit

Height: 5'6"

Default Share your NSVs!

I love reading everyone's NSVs, if you have one (or 10) please share!!! I could use the inspiration!

I had one this week -- I hadn't been wearing my engagement ring, just my wedding ring, it was just too tight. I had taken both off about 6 months into my pregnancy (so that was about September I think), and squeezed my wedding ring back on in March I believe. But 2 days ago I decided to see how they both felt on, and it fits just like it did before! WOOHOO.

This one is a scale victory, but worth mentioning -- I weigh less than my hubby again! I happened officially 2 weeks ago, but has stayed that way, so I'm callin' it! That one I'm very excited about! I passed him up during my pregnancy (he was about 200-210 then), and he started losing weight in March when I started, but he was well below me. He sits right around 182-185 right now (he's 6'1"), and I'm solidly below 180 now!
LockItUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 10:48 PM   #2  
Losing tiny horses

S/C/G: 173/ticker/150

Height: 5'8"

Amazing Stephanie!

Today, I bought size 28 jeans! It's a bit of vanity sizing but still, it's awesome and they look great.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg photo-4.jpg (19.6 KB, 477 views)
carbstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 10:58 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 331/164/164

Height: 5'8"

You achieved a great NSV! Congratulations!

As for me, on July 18, I will have reached one full year of being on this weight loss journey. My NSV this past week was going to the department store to buy some work clothes-literally nothing fit me right anymore, so I had to do it. I saw a suit I liked, but there was no pant size 18. So I tried on the 16 and guess what? They fit! So now I have three new business suits and I have to say, I look pretty kick-*ss in them

People must have thought I was making an effort because I had several people tell me how good and slim I looked yesterday when I wore my black suit with a light pink shirt under the jacket. Lots of "nice suit" comments. I had a meeting with my boss' boss, who is the VP of HR, and while she didn't specifically say anything about the suit, it was obvious that I made an impression. I could just tell, you know? The SVP of Marketing also noticed, which was weird because he's so critical of what people wear. I have to admit I looked pretty good but part of me thought, I must look like a slob most days, given all of the positive comments on how nice I looked!
KittyKatFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 11:18 PM   #4  
Overweight again...dang

S/C/G: 213/160.3/135

Height: 5'5"

Great NSVs! I can remember how great it was when I could put my wedding ring on again. And those pants... nice a** pants! I can also relate to the great feeling of a new, well fitting outfit.

My NSV isn't that exciting, but it's a milestone. Today I decided that I could no longer get away with size large work pants, and pulled them off the hangers to give them to my XL friend who is also losing weight. Even though they are draw string so I can cinch them up, but they are obviously too baggy. I stopped on my way home and replaced a couple with mediums. I'll replace more as funds become available. Luckily, all the tops still fit just fine.

It was a nice feeling purging my closet!
twinieten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 11:27 PM   #5  
Hi, I'm Lauren! :)

S/C/G: SW:209 / CW:184/ GW:~160

Height: 5'4

I can easily see my feet without having to bend over or suck in!
mimsyborogoves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 11:33 PM   #6  
Stephanie

S/C/G: 236/135-140/More Fit

Height: 5'6"

@Carbstart - OMG your butt looks amazing in those jeans!!!

These are all great NSVs!!!
LockItUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 11:43 PM   #7  
Struggling Member

S/C/G: 325/...../220

Height: 5' 11"

I have an NSV coming up on my long range journal, Monday 23 July will be my 8 year "Stop chewing nicotine gum" anniversary.
I stopped smoking on Dec 10, 2002 at 9PM but I continued chewing nicotine gum for about 1.5 years after that.
I know, I know.
My quit date for nicotine gum was 23 July 2004. My 10 year anniversary for stopping smoking is coming up on Dec 10th!
darius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 03:30 AM   #8  
pick your hard

S/C/G: 240/192/145

I was laughing last night because I realised I take up less space in bed.
And I have been smoke-free for 4 months.

We all deserve
Kitcherella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 08:07 AM   #9  

Height: 5'1

These are all great NSVs! Well done everyone.

What I needed to overcome and how I got to the weight I was, was due to my snacking on junk food. I was thinking about it this morning how much better I am.

For takeaways, the last time I had one was around a month ago. For junk food, the last bar of chocolate I had was around two or three weeks ago. But, the other day I was really wanting one so I said to myself I would go get one the following day but instead of getting a regular sized bar, I would get the smaller sized one. I figured that regardless of the size because it had been a long time, I would be satisfied with whatever I got! So the following day came and my mum actually came home with a mars bar and we decided to share it. It was probably the smallest amount of chocolate I've ever had in one go (mars bars are quite small anyway) but I was spot on about being satisfied with that amount.

I'm so proud of myself for having overcome my junk food habits and drinking fizzy drinks. It's like I'm so new person these days with my litres of water and all my fruit each day! And I feel so much better eating these foods rather than wasting the calories on chocolate bars.

Last edited by Dreamer2012; 07-13-2012 at 08:08 AM.
Dreamer2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 08:08 AM   #10  
Stubborn.

S/C/G: 197/See ticker/135

Height: 5'6''

I can't wear my favorite pair of work pants anymore. I wore them today and the US size 14 waist is now about 5-6'' too big. When I wore a properly fitting belt, they turned into clown pants. Honestly, I was never quite all the way to a 14 so they never really fit, but I had to have them because they match The 10th Doctor's pinstripe suit (hard to find the right color scheme). Go ahead, call me a nerd

Also, definitely not a victory, but certainly a change...I got the least subtle eye-undressing ever on the way home from work today. Creeeeeeeepy.
Hotaruchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 08:34 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 227/see ticker/150

Height: 5'9''

Before my weight loss journey I was drinking several cokes a day. Now it is more like 1 a week. One of my things was that I HAD to have a coke if I ate pizza. Last week I was packing my lunch (Lean Cuisine pizza) and I was putting the Coke in my bag and thought "I dont even want this" and put it away!
Its funny how eating better creeps up on you...
angie7896 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 09:11 AM   #12  
On a Get Fit Mission!

S/C/G: 180/154/145ish

I love NSV's!

I have been amazed at how the small things keep me motivated!

I am newly able to fit comfortably into a size 10 (woo hoo!), and decided to treat myself to a new dress. I have always stayed away from dresses with belts, but I thought "What the heck!". So it is a knee length one piece, with a wide belt.

As I put it on yesterday, my son (he is 6 years old), came in to the room and just stood looking at me for the longest time. Out of the blue, he smiled the most precious smile and said, "Wow, Mom! Your waist is really getting tiny!"

Talk about an NSV! I think his compliment meant more to me than if a smokin hot guy had said it, because I know it comes truly from the heart!
CindylouWho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 10:07 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 237/177/175

Height: 5'7

Wow, CindylouWho, that is an awesome compliment.

My non NSV is just feeling better. I've been trying to eat clean for a few weeks now, relying heavily on food from the farmer's markets, and the effect has been incredible. And I'm hitting my groove with the food, figuring out what I like, what works best for me, loving trying out new recipes for fresh, simple food. I just...feel great.
scout83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 11:31 AM   #14  
Overweight again...dang

S/C/G: 213/160.3/135

I had a cool little NSV at my exercise class today. Often our class is in a room that is without mirrors, but today it was in the room with mirrors. I had a chance to watch myself exercise in a full length mirror for the first time in a few months. I could see a difference! My stomach didn't stick out as much, catching my shirt for that ever so lovely 6-months-pregnant-but-not-pregnant look. I could also see some muscle definition where none existed before! Wow! Still a ways to go, but these are the small things that just launch me forward another day!
twinieten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 12:01 PM   #15  
Jigglypuff

S/C/G: 310/ticker/155

Height: 5'7

Loving all your NSVs! Congrats to all!

I had my first the other day...I realized that my belly was going back into smaller rolls rather than one giant piece of flab! Hahaha I will take it!
Burg is offline   Reply With Quote