Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 08-29-2003, 09:57 PM   #1  

Default Time for Serious Fun #23

TIME FOR SERIOUS FUN #22

We are a thread dedicated to making losing weight a pleasant experience. We laugh, cry and talk together. We have challenges, points for staying on program, drinking our water, and exercising. We have a daily topic to join in. Our only focus is to help us realize that dieting and all that goes with it need not be unpleasant, but can be fun. Come join the fun here at Time for Serious Fun! Everyone is Welcome!

TOPICS:

Monday: Mission Monday New mission each week
Tuesday: Target Tuesday We target something to work on
Wednesday: Wednesday's Woes Our day to complain about anything and everything
Thursday: Time for Us Thursday The day set aside to pamper us!
Friday: Fabulous lbs Down Friday We get to crow about loss or ask for help
Saturday: Sunny Thoughts Saturday We share stories and jokes to help us smile
Sunday: Silly Poll Sunday A new poll to give your thoughts to every week

POINTS VALUES:

STAYING ON PROGRAM IS 2 POINTS
DRINKING YOUR WATER IS 1 POINT
EXERCISING IS 1 POINT

CURRENT CHALLENGE IS UNTIL DECEMBER 31ST. TO LOSE 30 LBS BY THEN.

Last edited by gma22; 08-29-2003 at 10:02 PM.
Old 08-29-2003, 10:08 PM   #2  

Pam: I finally got a chance to go to 300+ and see your pic. Gorgeous gorgeous gorgeous, what can I say! Well, the second one did look like you wanted to kick someones #$%. You of course look nothing like I thought you would. Isn't it funny how you take someone's name and wrap a picture around it and then find it is totally wrong! You are a beautiful lady sweety!

Good night and sweet dreams until tomorrow.

Faye
Old 08-29-2003, 10:37 PM   #3  

Evening Ladies,

Thanks Faye for the compliment, nice to hear!! I am reluctant to take compliments without trying to qualify them!! I am getting so much encouragement and support and positive attention, it helps immensely! Mainly I respect myself FINALLY, for choosing to do something about this weight once and for all.

Hope you ladies have a fabulous holiday weekend. I have to be at work at 6:30a and then heading to the big city for the rest of the day and evening, probably will not post till Sunday. So I will say....stay
all!

later
Old 08-29-2003, 10:54 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 249/215/165

Height: 5/5

Evening!

It's been a long time since I have been able to post on somewhat of a regular basis, that has recently changed. Got a puter back. These last couple of months have been very rough on me. One of the few good things is that even though I have had lots of stress and haven't always stayed on my diet plan I have managed to stay right about 176.

Faye, I went ahead and filed for divorce. Eventjhough I still love Richard, I had to do something. It was getting to the point when the only words that he had for me were extremly downgrading. So I decided that it was best for me to file. While all of this was happening he fell off of a ladder where he was working and broke both arms. Of course the verbal abuse got worse. It wasn't until the first of Aug that he decided that I was alright and I should be a friend. Now he has said that he doesn't want the divorce but I should go on and let it go through cause of all the work that I went through to file it. Things are much better between us. He lives somewhere else but we go get together every now and again. Anyway I thought that I would bring you up to date.

Gotta run have to be up early for work.

sandy
Old 08-29-2003, 11:05 PM   #5  

Pam: Just gotta take compliments the way they are given and don't read anything into them!

Sandy: it is good to hear from you! We miss you! I am very sorry about your marriage. It always saddens me when couples can't work things out, but WE do NOT have to take any kind of abuse. More than likely your dh is one of those men who hates himself more than he hates others and his only way to deal with it is to attack the one person that he felt would stand by him no matter what he said. I will say prayers for you that whatever comes of it is what God wants to happen. Keep coming and talking with us. BTW, when your life settles down, you will get back on track! Don't stress about eating when emotionally you have too much on your plate at the moment!

Ok, I really am going to go to bed now. I will probably be up before the chickens as usual!

Faye
Old 08-30-2003, 05:51 AM   #6  

SATURDAY: Today is Sunny Thoughts Saturday. Share with us anything to make us smile or laugh!

I got a: for points and a for challenge.

Check in later ladies

Faye
Old 08-30-2003, 01:47 PM   #7  

I MOVED RITU'S LAST POST OVER TO THIS THREAD:

Good Afternoon Everyone,

The net servers were down last night, so I couldn't post. I went to the counsellor yesterday and I had GAINED 2.5 LBS. IN 3 DAYS. Must be some kind of record, and this was after I'd been really good about the diet. Anyway I was so fed up that I broke the diet last night and had ice-cream. But I'm back on the diet today. Carri, you're obviously more disciplined than I am!

Welcome Lee! Having been here for 1 day before you I feel like a senior member and therefore entitled to welcome you.

Yes I am an Indian from India. I live in New Delhi with my husband and children, in the same house as my mother-in-law, 2 brothers-in-law and their families, and 3 unmarried sisters-in-law. This is the norm in India. Fortunately the house is large enough so that we each have our own space and don't need to interact if we don't wish to.

Pam, I absolutely agree with you about Faye. Sorry Faye, I know you're pretty fed up with the accolades but bear with me. Actually it was a post that I saw on the need a buddy forum that got me interested in this thread. What really appealed to me was your absolute self confidence. After 55 lbs. of excess weight I have zero confidence. Hopefully talking with all of you will help put me back on track.

Will post again tonight with the latest about my progress.

Ritu
Old 08-30-2003, 10:06 PM   #8  
2006 - Panda Remix

Angry May I join you?

I have just been reading this thread and I would like to join as you ladies seem like so much fun!

I also think the points challenges will keep me on track aswell as the support and advice.

I am Amanda, I am 30 years old and live in the UK. I have about 100lb to lose and have lost 5lb in 3 weeks, but didn't lose anything this week. I've been feeling a bit poorly for the past 2 days which has sent me off programme (pizza for the last 2 nights). I am not happy about the pizzas as it will probably mean that I'll gain weight next week, but I am also not going to give up and have a complete binge as I used to - which would lead to me stopping dieting altogether.

I will be back on track tomorrow, but I don't think I'll be exercising as I think I've got a bit of a bug ( is there a 'must eat pizza' bug?)

I'd like to join your challenge to lose 30lb by Dec 31st - gosh that is over 2 stone! How much is that per week? It would be great to lose 30 pounds for the new year - so I'll certainly give it my best shot (although my weightloss tends to be very slow)

Keep up the good work girls and I look forward to getting to know you all.
Old 08-30-2003, 11:01 PM   #9  
Soon-to-be Sexy Lady

Hi everyone, from the old, to the new. I just wanted to post a quick note to say I'll be on vacation as of tomorrow, 8/31 through 9/7. It looks like a rainy week for camping at the shore, but hopefully I'll have a day or two of sun. I'll be thinking of everyone and hopefully your strength will transfer to me to be strong so I don't gain back all that weight. Anyway, hope you are all having a great time, sorry for the lack of personal responses and I'll see you all soon! Ciao!
Old 08-31-2003, 08:06 AM   #10  

SUNDAY: Today is Silly poll Sunday.

Our poll for this week: Looking at it now, or into the future, would you ever have any kind of cosmetic surgery and if so what would you have done? Face lift, boob job, collegen for lips, lyposuctions, tummy tuck, butt implants, anything I have forgotten?

CHALLENGE FOR THE WEEK: Because it is sooo important, I want to repeat the weekday on program challenge. Beginning TODAY, to make the challenge for the week, you must stay on program at least 5 of the seven days. That gives you a little cheat for the holiday tomorrow and you can still make the challenge!

Amanda: A big welcome to you! We are kind of fragmented right now because we have I think 3 people on vacation or trips and away from computers so I will be sure and have everyone give their personal info at the end of the week. 30 lbs by Dec 31st is about the recommended 2 lbs a week maybe just a little less. YOU CAN DO THIS!

As for the poll I would be willing to improve myself but I am after all 50 and there is nothing wrong with that so I would probably be willing to have my arms, legs, butt and stomach all tightened up when I lost all my weight mostly for comfort rather than cosmetics. The other stuff I would probably not do because I don't have to look 30 anymore to be comfortable with myself. I am not against those that do, but I think it is ridiculous to keep having face lifts when you are 70 so that you can look 40. You skin can only take so much! (I am speaking of the Phyllis Dillers of the world and Joan what's her name)

I GET A: for points. I have not been feeling well since yesterday afternoon and you know I am not well when I don't get in the pool and only work out for 30 minutes on the glider. I started out tracking my cal and fat and gave it up and didn't even care then last night sometime in the night our ac quit and by 1 am I was bathed in sweat and sick as a dog. We got the ac going again , but I still feel rotten. I am going to get in that pool this mornng though and I have food to fix for tomorrow and a house to clean so that I can clean the deck tomorrow just in case we can eat outside (we are supposed to get rain)

Have a good day ladies and if I don't get back to post smileys, I will promise to catch up tomorrow!

Faye
Old 08-31-2003, 08:53 AM   #11  

Good Morning My little Chickadees...

My trip to Nashville was absolutely glorious!! I needed it so bad....We went to a hobby shop so Jane could get her fix...She is really into sports cards these days, collecting and trading. Then we went downtown to Printer's Alley and the 2nd Avenue, always bustling with activity It was fabulous. Then we had dinner, you'll never believe what I had...Chicken!!! We went to a place called Basante's, casual elegance I call it...and there were so many things to choose from...I knew I had to stay away from the pastas and the cream sauces, thought about the shrimp, but decided on the chicken, and it was grilled to perfection with fresh rosemary and sage and and there were steamed julienne vegetables, and garlic mashed potatoes (to die for....but only ate a little bit.. and I had a Caesar Salad, and one piece of some type of Artisan bread with the hard crust, (dipped in a bit of olive oil and balsamic vinegar with fresh rosemary), mmmm-mmm I can still taste it. So, all in all, considering what I COULD HAVE HAD, I think I did well. (oh and water to drink) Then we went to my favorite bookstore in the world, Davis-Kidd Booksellers, got the Bob Greene Get With The Program book and journal companion. Can't wait to get started......

Program pts, 1 for water, 2pts for program (still stayed within my allowed calories and fat grams.... (I was a good little girl!), and 0 pts for exercise (today is make - up day though)...

Silly poll Sunday?---I would opt for the tummy tuck after having lost the weight, that extra hanging skin is going to go somewhere after I have done all this work. You had better believe it!!! I want my clothes to look nice, my treat, (reward) is going to be a new wardobe....I know I shouldnt be such a "material girl", but I want clothes by Liz Clairborne, and Ralph Lauren....and Eileen Fisher, casual but classy. But none of the other surgeries mentioned. But I do intend to have dental surgery, and get me some falsies!! may have to get some false boobs, mine are shrinking!!!

Missy, hope you are enjoying your vacation chickie!

Welcome Amanda!! Where in the Uk are you? These girls are the best...you will get more love and support here than you ever thought possible!! looking forward to getting to know you.

Sandy, you stay strong, sometimes it takes getting out of something to see how truly unhealthy it is for us......you will get lots of kindness and support here! I hope that you come to realize that you made the best decision for yourself.

Ritu, and Lee, many warm welcomes....hope you post often.

later girls, gotta get off this duff and get moving
Old 08-31-2003, 01:51 PM   #12  

Good Evening Ladies,

It's Sunday 11.30 p.m., my time and everybody's busy with various activities. I am feeling extremely virtous having stayed on the programme over the week-end + drank my water+ I walked today - wasn't able to do so yesterday.

Faye, Sorry to hear that you aren't feeling well, hope you get well soon. Thanks once again for your support, I normally would have been binging by now if I hadn't been interacting with all of you. Faye, your success is amazing. Would you mind telling me what programme you are following. I'm not so sure about my programme.

I would love to get liposuction on my tummy and hips. Actually I would like to get my stomach surgically stapled!

Hi Amanda, keep in touch, I have followed a similair pattern to yours i.e.the pizzas and bingeing but since I've joined this group I seem to be able to control my urges.

Lee, I promise to getyou a good curry recipe, I'm just trying to figure out which would be the easiest to adapt. You're right about our house, it's crazy. We have a common kitchen where the main meals are cooked and we each of us have a kind of pantry where we cook ourselves, for our kids or anything special that we want to eat. But there is food around all the time cos everyone has their own eating times. It took me a long time to get used to so many poeple after I got married, but after a while I learnt to adjust and mentally block out the not so pleasent ones.

Tomorrow is another day and my diet is only bananas and milk! Should lose 2 lbs. on that.

Pam thanks for the welcome.

I'll end now. Will catch up tomorrow.

Good night

Ritu

Last edited by ritu; 08-31-2003 at 02:37 PM.
Old 08-31-2003, 05:40 PM   #13  
2006 - Panda Remix

Thanks for the welcome - I will post tomorrow how I have done today. I would love to lose 30lb by the end of the year - I can do it!

Pam - I live in Sheffield, which is in the north of England, although I am originally from Kent, which is in the south east. Look forward to getting to know you too.

As for the poll - I don't think I would have any surgery, although I might consider it if my stomach has lots of really loose skin, but then only if it didn't affect my choice to have children in the future.
I had a neighbour who had her boobs reduced after losing alot of weight, because her boobs stayed the same and were no longer in proportion with the rest of her body!

See Ya!

Amanda xx
Old 08-31-2003, 07:29 PM   #14  

Good evening ladies! What a time of it I have had today. I woke up at 1 AM like I said drenched in sweat and my back and shoulder were killing me. We got the ac back on and I put medicine on my back and shoulder and took advil for TOM pain and went back to bed. Got up at 6 am made a lowfat key lime no bake cheesecake and 7 layer chip dip, started laundry, went to the pool, came back and put laundry in dryer and started sheets, helped dh go to Lowes and get stuff to patch ceiling, cleaned the downstairs, walked on the glider for 13 minutes and my legs hurt so bad I quit, cleaned upstairs and put away laundry and started one more small load. I did about 5 more on the glider but my legs are aching really bad (they usually do on the first day of my period for some weird reason) so I just gave up. I had an hour in the pool so I did get exercise. I still have to remake the bed, but I will get Jack to help me with that then I am going to dope myself up and going to bed. I still have a lowfat chocolate pie to make in the morning. You'd think I was having an army over instead of just the kids.

Pam: YOU GET A: for points! Sounds like you guys had a great time!

Ritu: I cannot imagine sharing a kitchen! It drives me nuts to have someone in mine with me! Oh, as to program. I am just on a calorie counting fat counting diet with at least an hour of exercise 7 days a week. If you go to www.dietitian.com there is a little calculator in the top left corner. Click on it and answer the questions and it will tell you how many calories and fat you can have to lose like 2 lbs a week. That is what I used.

Amanda: I still have 170 to lose but my stomach looks like candle wax that ran! I have what the ladies call "bat wings" where the skin hangs down from my arm from losing weight out of them my behind is all dimply now from weight loss and my upper legs remind me of elephants where elephants have like folds of skin. All in all, I would be a cosmetic surgeon's way to become independently wealthy!

Well sweet ones, I am going to make the bed and crash. I really do feel crummy.

Here are two of the three recipes I made for tomorrow if you are interested. You WW people will have to figure pts on these.

Low fat seven layer dip

15 servings (2 ½ x 3 “ section)
181 calories
57 fat calories

2 16 ox can fat free refried beans
1 16 oz carton fat free sour cream
1 package taco seasoning (use 4 tsp)
1 12 oz carton guacamole dip
8 oz fat free grated cheddar
1 3.8 oz can black olives, sliced
4 ripe tomatoes chopped
4 stalks green onion chopped

Layer in a 9 x 13 pan, beans, sour cream mixed with 4 tsp taco seasoning, guacamole, grated cheese, chopped tomatoes, chopped onions, black olives. Serve with baked Tortilla chips

Low fat no bake key lime cheesecake

2 pk fat free cream cheese
2 can fat free sweetened condensed milk
1 12 oz carton fat free cool whip
1 ¼ cup key lime juice
1 ½ cup graham crumbs
2/3 cup melted low fat margarine
½ cup Splenda

melt butter and mix with graham crumbs and splenda. Spread in a 9 x 13 pan and chill. Beat together cream cheese, condensed milk and cool whip until creamy. Add lime juice and mix. Pour over crust and refrigerate uncovered at least 4 hours.

15 servings ( 2.5 x 3 sections)
324 cal
76 fat cal
Old 09-01-2003, 04:45 AM   #15  

Hi!

Monday morning and a new week begins! It's a fresh start - I have to lose at least 2 lbs. this week. I will stick to my programme and excercise.

I'm feeling so bad, last night after being so good the entire day, at 1 a.m I broke the diet and had an entire slab of diet chocolate. My son had missed dinner, so I went to get him something to eat and......

Faye, I admire your energy, and that too when you're feeling so low. I'm not being able to connect to www.dietitians.com but will try again later. I don't actually share a kitchen, in the sense I have my own personal pantry/kitchenette, we all do. There is a common kitchen which seems to run on auto pilot; nobody really looks after it. There is a common cook who buys all the daily stuff and groceries. I buy my own stuff like fruit, etc. for my pantry. It sounds quite strange but it works out.

How does the point system work. Do we calculate points on a daily basis and then total them at the end of the week.

I am drinking my banana shakes today.

Have a shipment leaving tomorrow so might not be able to post again till then.

Ciao and have a good day everyone

Ritu

Closed Thread