Old 07-03-2012, 03:23 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 189/160/149

Height: 5'3

Default Syntrax

Just joined this forum and just joined MRC. This is a veryhelpful site. Thanks!! Reading some posts that mention using "Syntrax powder or nectar in their greek yogurt. What is it and where do I buy it
Beachgirlwannabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 06:32 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 250/225.5/167

Height: 5'7"

Oh, I love Nectar!!! It's a protein shake with 0 grams of fat & carbs. I don't know if all the flavors have the same calorie & protein amounts, but the vanilla bean one that I have has 100 calories and 23 grams of protein.

I bought my jug at the local nutrition store (they gave me samples of other flavors to try), but Amazon has it, too.
Simi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 10:42 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 189/160/149

Height: 5'3

Thank you for the info. Another question, is the Sytrax nectar ok to use on the Meta slim diet at MRC? I hate to ask them there, because they want you to buy all their High Nutrition Supplements. But, I don't want to do anything to sabotage my diet either! Just starting out on MRC, so I have a lot to learn.
Beachgirlwannabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 12:46 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 173.5 / see ticker / 150

Height: 5' 6.5''

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beachgirlwannabe View Post
Thank you for the info. Another question, is the Sytrax nectar ok to use on the Meta slim diet at MRC? I hate to ask them there, because they want you to buy all their High Nutrition Supplements. But, I don't want to do anything to sabotage my diet either! Just starting out on MRC, so I have a lot to learn.
I would imagine it would be okay every once in a while, but not every day. The MRC protein drinks have less calories (about 60 cal if I remember correctly) and also less protein (15gm). The Meta Slim is so very low calorie, that the small calorie difference in the 2 may not work well...just my 2 cents
melissab617 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 08:01 PM   #5  

With the nectar, you don't have to use a full scoop. Sometimes I use 1/2 or 3/4 of a scoop to reduce the calories (and thus, the protein amt), so 50 & 75 calories, respectively. The MRC HNS has 70 calories.

Take care!
Old 07-12-2012, 08:13 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 192.5/163.4/160

Height: 5'8"

If you are just starting,I wouldn't use other products. I don't know that nectar is cheaper anyway.
camaswa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 09:40 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 199/178/145

Height: 5' 7"

Syntrax nectar is 1/2 the price per serving (approx 75 cents vs. $1.50 for HNS) if you get it through an Amazon Prime account (don't have to pay for shipping).
sonnyrae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 10:47 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 192.5/163.4/160

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonnyrae View Post
Syntrax nectar is 1/2 the price per serving (approx 75 cents vs. $1.50 for HNS) if you get it through an Amazon Prime account (don't have to pay for shipping).
Wow, that IS way cheaper - and I myself do love the stuff, However I still think people who are just starting will see better early success by following the program they paid for rather than tweaking it with substitutes right off the bat. One tweak can easily lead to another. Next you are looking for a cheaper bar, etc. and there is a lot of calculating to do to keep it absolutely comparable. MRC is a really finely tuned program. I have been on these boards for 10 months and i have observed that for the most part that those people who realy truly stick with it, hook, line, and sinker, seem to have the most impressive success: Jen, Patzi, Teacher Lady.
camaswa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 01:48 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 261/199/160

Height: 5ft 1"

Thanks for that Camaswa... I find myself tempted when I see these posts about substitutes.. I figure I need to stay the course, do the program I have paid for, suck up the costs and get it done.. I want to get this weight off once and for all, I'm not messing around.
I used to do the tweaking on WW all the time or Atkins.. and well it just didn't work out well for me
anjy99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 02:14 PM   #10  

sonnyrae - Do you use Syntrax exclusively for your protein drinks? I started out using MRC's drinks and then sought out a cheaper drink. I bought some Proti Diet and it is almost exactly the same as MRC. I recently got a sample box of the 14 flavors Syntrax makes and I'm not sure that I like them any better. It's too bad that MRC doesn't make their drinks in big tubs because that is definitely the cheapest way to go per serving. If you are using only Syntrax, did you start out using MRC? And do you see a difference in the weight loss you experience?
jlpnebraska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 04:55 PM   #11  

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by anjy99 View Post
Thanks for that Camaswa... I find myself tempted when I see these posts about substitutes.. I figure I need to stay the course, do the program I have paid for, suck up the costs and get it done.. I want to get this weight off once and for all, I'm not messing around.
I used to do the tweaking on WW all the time or Atkins.. and well it just didn't work out well for me
Thanks, Camaswa!

Anjy99 - Different things work for different people. I'm like you, if I started subbing while trying to lose, it backfired completely. I'm not saying it's wrong for everyone, just me. I had to have complete and total tunnel vision (including only purchasing products from my center). You will figure out what is right for you, but if the substitution posts are a temptation, just skip over them.
JenB72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 07:44 PM   #12  

jenb72- just tempting enough to try and save money.. but to be honest.. I'm so busy, the whole point of joining MRC is that I wanted it to be easy, just tell me what to do and I'll do it. I really don't have the time to worry about finding alternatives, testing different products.. so far everything has tasted fine with MRC so I'm happy. But I guess if the financial situation changed I may have to re-evaluate..
Old 07-13-2012, 07:53 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 199/178/145

Height: 5' 7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlpnebraska View Post
sonnyrae - Do you use Syntrax exclusively for your protein drinks? I started out using MRC's drinks and then sought out a cheaper drink. I bought some Proti Diet and it is almost exactly the same as MRC. I recently got a sample box of the 14 flavors Syntrax makes and I'm not sure that I like them any better. It's too bad that MRC doesn't make their drinks in big tubs because that is definitely the cheapest way to go per serving. If you are using only Syntrax, did you start out using MRC? And do you see a difference in the weight loss you experience?
I just use the syntrax once a day and HNCs twice a day. It's probably not saving a ton of money, but it eases my mind And yes, it's the individual packets that make it expensive. Syntrax has "on the go" ones and they are the same price. I started with just HNCs but knew I wanted to find a more cost effective solution ASAP. Bought my first tub of Syntrax about two-three weeks ago and I just ordered more today.
sonnyrae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 09:27 AM   #14  

I do HNCs 3x a day as required on my plan, but they also recommended that I do an additional two drinks a day. Since I can't afford to drink 5 HNCs a day, I do 3 HNCs and then drink 1 or 2 syntrax if I feel I need it for snacks. As long as I keep losing, I'm a happy camper.
Old 07-14-2012, 11:49 AM   #15  

Simi and Sonnyrae- I will be watching you guys.. I would love a cheaper alternative.. I have to do 5 right now since I'm so heavy and if I don't I get pretty hungry. Keep me posted on how it goes for you.