Old 07-12-2012, 11:45 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 180.2/ticker/130

Height: 5'5

Default Starting ToDay Wish Me Luck :)

Hi everyone, I'm Cheryl (aka Surfnmom) and I have been reading this forum with great interest.
I think what made up my mind to try this was all the positive support that you all give each other daily.

A little about me I am a young 54 and have been on diets since i was a kid. Been to goal a few hundred times (feels that way). Last time I was at goal and had been there for 3 years was 2008. A size 6 132lbs. Felt Great never thought I would gain the weight back Then along came Menopause. Horrible is all I can say. AnyHoo Feeling more like a human and gained back almost all i had lost.

Its been an up and down slow go for awhile. I have succeeded in getting "AS" out of my life and trying to eating only real food getting rid of the process foods. Started walking with my son 3 to 4 times a week. I do feel great, but man this is really not getting me anywhere fast. I would love to see at least a lb a week loss instead of a lb every 2 or three weeks.
So if this can show me something weekly then I would be a happy camper lol.

So here i am and look forward to joining your group and daily thread.

OHHH and a Big Congrats to all of you that are doing so well with this.
surfnmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 11:56 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 249/209/140

Height: 5' 7"

Hi Cheryl! Like you, before I started IP, for 6 weeks I had cut out processed foods and was walking 4-5 times a week but lost NOTHING (I actually thought I was premenopausal at 38 because nothing was happening). Started IP and the weight started coming off. Best of luck!

Last edited by Bdmom; 07-12-2012 at 11:57 AM.
Bdmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 12:31 PM   #3  
Start IP (again) 7/31/13

S/C/G: 231.2/224.4/131

Height: 5'4"

Hi Cheryl, I just started yesterday. So far so good. Everything I have ate has been really good, and I haven't gotten hungry. Crossing my fingers that it keeps going like this.

Good Luck!!!

-Jennifer
jennlnige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 01:34 PM   #4  
Started IP 6/14/12

S/C/G: 202.8/165/135

Height: 5'1"

Welcome, Cheryl and Jenn! This is a great place to be and IP is an excellent way to transform yourself and get the weight off.

Cheryl, I weaned myself from sugar and Diet Coke the week before I started IP. I think not having those things in my body for the beginning of this diet made the first few days a little easier for me. Everyone's different, but that was my experience.
joysh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 01:52 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 206/190/155

Height: 5'9

Hi everyone! I just started IP again today. It has worked for me in the past, and I lost weight, felt great and looked even better! The key is to go through all 4 phases, and then maintain. If you even gain 5 pounds more after maintenance go right back on to Phase 1. I did NOT follow this and now have to start all over again. I lost 30 pounds, and am now needing to lose that plus 10 more! I am 5'9 and 193! I look forward to doing it different this time, by staying accountable, and maintaining the right way!! For you that have never done it before, it works!!! I tried every other diet possible, this one shows results and fast!
KellyonIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 02:19 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 240/230/160

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by surfnmom View Post
Hi everyone, I'm Cheryl (aka Surfnmom) and I have been reading this forum with great interest.
I think what made up my mind to try this was all the positive support that you all give each other daily.

A little about me I am a young 54 and have been on diets since i was a kid. Been to goal a few hundred times (feels that way). Last time I was at goal and had been there for 3 years was 2008. A size 6 132lbs. Felt Great never thought I would gain the weight back Then along came Menopause. Horrible is all I can say. AnyHoo Feeling more like a human and gained back almost all i had lost.

Its been an up and down slow go for awhile. I have succeeded in getting "AS" out of my life and trying to eating only real food getting rid of the process foods. Started walking with my son 3 to 4 times a week. I do feel great, but man this is really not getting me anywhere fast. I would love to see at least a lb a week loss instead of a lb every 2 or three weeks.

Good luck. You're in the right place - menopause just really kicked my butt. I always struggled with weight my whole life, but menopause just put it into another whole gear. I have never been below 200 lbs after menopause. But I will this time and I will keep it off...you'll do great on this plan
yowzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 02:56 PM   #7  

Hi and welcome!
mightbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 03:03 PM   #8  

S/C/G: See ticker

Height: 5"3

Welcome and good luck.
Wheresmychin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 03:07 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 180.2/ticker/130

Height: 5'5

Thank you all for the warm welcome, and the encouragement Look forward to getting to know each of you and read how you are doing.

Still going over my stuff and reading past threads
surfnmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 07:50 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 198/141/130?

Height: 5' 2 3/4

Good luck and welcome to newbies!
SonyaTheBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 08:16 PM   #11  
Started IP 4/13/2012

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by surfnmom View Post

Yeah, menopause...say no more. However, you will find that there is weight loss after menopause on this program. It is so motivating to be losing weight again after trying so hard on other programs and losing/gaining the same 5 pounds over and over again. Good luck. I know you'll do great.
justbecause53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 08:59 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 214/211/150

Height: 5'5"

Hi Cheryl,

I restarted IP this past Sunday and I am also 54! Welcome to the IP protocol and good luck. Just hop on here with any questions, there is always someone who has an answer
Bellamack is offline   Reply With Quote