Old 07-12-2012, 12:50 PM   #1  
~John Wayne~ On:6/21/2012

Height: 5'4"

Default Weigh In experiences

Hey everyone. I just want to check with you all and see what you experience when you go for your weigh in.

I went yesterday, and just feel like it is pretty lack luster. I get there, the nutritionist brings me back to an 'exam' room. She asks how's it going, I say great. I jump on the scale then she writes down my weight, BMI, etc. and takes my measurements. Then I look at a sheet of paper with the food offerings and pick what I need for the week. That's it. I just expected more, but am not really sure what all that should include.

Is this pretty much what you go through at your WI?
Thanks
jwdesselle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 01:00 PM   #2  
Started IP 5/16/2016

S/C/G: 220/220/165

Height: 5'6

J - at least your weigh ins are/were more exciting than mine.

(monday was my last weigh in as I'm now going to move forward on my own)

My coach never even measured me. It was only when I came onto this website did I realize that measuring was a part of the weigh in.

My coach took my body fat and bmi at my consultation and that was it - never took it again.

I always went in w/a small notebook of questions that had occurred to me over the past week - sometimes I had 1 question - sometimes I had 5 but either way, the coach wasn't very receptive to talking thru things.

Last edited by marlenesuer; 07-12-2012 at 01:02 PM.
marlenesuer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 01:03 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 202/150/147

Height: 5'2"

yep, that's the drill. I do try to think up good questions about exercise or other stuff.
When I really need something, I email the owner of the clinic, who is a chiropracture. sp.
I am actually thinking of switching clinics, as there is 1 MUCH closer- that I did not know about when I joined. Hope they will let me. Also, my clinic upped the cost of food by $1.00 per packet. $21 more per week. yikes!
dizzyjean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 01:03 PM   #4  
IP Start: 6/30/12

S/C/G: 244/.../145

I go in, I'm weighed, then measured, then they ask how my week was and if I had any difficulties, she hands me a flow sheet of my measurements and I'm on my way to pick out my week's food. That's it! Are we missing out on something?
Meagan240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 01:04 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 185/171/145

I have my 3rd WI tomorrow.

Everyone at the clinic I go to is very friendly and supportive - event the front desk staff. There are a total of 3 coaches - 2 are the owner-chiropracters of the office and 1 is just a coach. All three have been on the plan and communicate with each other so I don't get mixed messaging.

My WIs start with the usual -measurements, checking weight & BMI. While doing all of this, they will ask how the week went, ask if I had any difficulty/concerns, or ask if there's any way they can help me.

Then i just go "shopping" for packets displayed on their shelves. That's about it
vovo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 01:06 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 234/231/180

Height: 5' 8"

Hi, Hmm...I would get all my measurements done and then my coach would review my journal and ask for clarification on what I put in it. I would also make sure to go with any questions I had which would begin dialogs between us and get my questions answered. At the beginning they would take 15 minutes and towards then middle and end of P1 they would literally just be the length of time it would take me to get my measurements done and I was out the door.

Don't be shy about speaking up and asking for more feedback and possible recommendations on what you're doing.

Personally, I always found I got tons more information from this site than my coach...

New Englander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 01:07 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 234/231/180

Height: 5' 8"

Oh and I would pick up my food which was order 3 days in advance of my meeting...
New Englander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 01:48 PM   #8  
IP Round #3: 11/14/2023

S/C/G: 210/184/145

Height: 5'5"/49yo

It's usually ~15 minutes, I go to the exam room, get weighed, measured at my waist/hips/bust/arm/thigh, measure my BF% and hydration, then she goes through my food journal and questions me while I browse the food closet and swap basket. I must confess that most of my questions have already been answered on this forum! I redline my own journal with personal improvement notes that she comments on/contributes to.
LizRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 02:08 PM   #9  
Started IP 4/4/2012

S/C/G: 267.8/150/150

Height: 5'5'

I go in and get weighed, she has a scale that says hydration, body fat and lean mass too.

We measure once a month.

We talk about the week, what's coming up, how I handled things. She doesn't really ask about it, but that's the way it's been since day one. She's new, I'm one of their first clients, she's very willing to help and answer questions if she doesnt know, she will find out.

She looks at my journal every so often. I pretty much eat the same thing, with the exception of the veggies, but she will flip thru.

She gives me an order sheet at the appt and I fax it in during the week so she has my order ready when I get there.

Last edited by Lynnie63; 07-12-2012 at 02:09 PM. Reason: Journal comments
Lynnie63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 02:18 PM   #10  
Restart 12/29/13

S/C/G: 172/160/135

Height: 5'2

It's only week 2 for me, but my coach has spent a lot of "face time" with me and even called and emailed every few days. A lot of my questions have been answered on here, but she has been helpful as far as planning for things coming up, recipes and more of the "feelings" side of things. I think it helps she had a significant loss on the program and truly understands. Also, she has a Master's in Psychology that I think helps as far as the warm-fuzziness

We pay A LOT for this program to not feel as though we're getting everything we want out of it. Do you think your coach would be receptive if you asked for some more time? If not, are there other coaches in your area? Maybe they just think you want an in & out experience since things are going so well. Good luck!
RN4Babies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 02:25 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 202/150/147

I also get a daily 3 minute video about some aspect of IP, then read the follow comments written by others. Its a fantastic part of the journey, and frankly helps me keep my head on straight. Every single day! I love this part of IP!!!
It answers some questions that I might ask a coach.
dizzyjean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 02:27 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 240/230/160

Height: 5'4

My WI is pretty lack luster too. WI, check measurements, and get food and leave. I have asked some questions, but usually get them answered in this forum. I just take it for what it is and get my support elsewhere.
yowzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 02:28 PM   #13  
~John Wayne~ On:6/21/2012

AWESOME info everyone. Thanks so much!

So, I guess we all basically do the same thing. I figure there are varying degrees of attention we get at our different places. I just think mine is on the low end. I'd love a flow sheet of my measurements/weight loss. Guess I could ask. All she does is jot numbers on the back of a sheet of paper.

The place I go does not allow me up to where they keep the food. It's locked in a room upstairs. All I have to go off of is a printed sheet with the foods listed. I would LOVE to go up there. I think it would be easier to get food. I've been buying it by the box, too difficult to get single packets. I don't even know the cost of single packets. Their boxes are $28/each.

I've heard of people switching where they go. We do have another place in town I could go, but do you have to pay that 'setup' cost again? And, I would feel weird asking my coach for my numbers so I could bring somewhere else. Hummmm, scratching my head on this one.
jwdesselle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 03:03 PM   #14  
Started IP 6/14/12

S/C/G: 202.8/165/135

Height: 5'1"

I guess I'm lucky here, too. I go in and we sit down and talk for 10 minutes about the week, the challenges, questions I have. Then she looks over my journal and asks a question about that sometimes. THEN we go and weigh in. Then she opens the cabinets and I choose my food for the next week. (or two if I'm traveling). She lets me mix and match packets and also exchange packets if I have something at home that I don't want to eat.

She's very supportive and has given me her cell phone to call if I have a question or problem.

We measured at the beginning and will measure next week. I think she said we measure once a month.

However, I still come to the forum for daily support and answers to questions.

I'm sure as I progress in the program the consultation time will get shorter.
joysh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 03:11 PM   #15  
Started IP 6/14

S/C/G: 171.1/165.8/135

Sounds like I'm the same as most -- I go in, she weighs and measures me then looks at my food journal. I make all sorts of notes in my food jounal (what I like, don't like, questions I might not remember at WI) so we go through that. Then we SHOP She encourages me not to buy boxes so that I can try a bit of everything or have some variety if I want it.

She does not track fat% and from reading here I would like her too -- or I will do it at home. Don't want to be losing muscle!

She also will txt or email me periodically just to check in and see if I'm ok!
*The only complaint I have is that she's not very tough on me...I think I'm doing pretty well so maybe it's not totally necessary, but I think if I told her I was going to IHOP to eat pancakes after weigh in, she wouldn't say much except maybe it's a bad idea. I get my tough love here

Last edited by jules26965; 07-12-2012 at 03:13 PM.
jules26965 is offline   Reply With Quote