Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 08-31-2003, 10:24 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 160/158/125

Height: 5'4"

Default Stay At Home Mom's #83

Welcome to a thread full of laughter and encouragment as we try o maintain a household and lose weight. All newcomers feel free to jump right in and regular posters too. Have a great OP day!
Old 08-31-2003, 10:27 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/113

Height: 5'3

Good evening all!
I hope everyone has had a great weekend.
My day has went well. Dh took the two older kids with him to his parents house today and I got a day to myself with Tanner. It was nice. I read my new Fitness magazine and got some great tips on exercise and eating right, etc and I ended my day right OP. So I am proud of myself. Tomorrow is my day alone with DH and I am looking forward to that.
Other than that nothing much going on here. Hope you are having a great night!
Old 08-31-2003, 10:35 PM   #3  

Welcome Home Ginny!!!! We missed your smiling face too. So glad you had a great time and some good company on vacation. Did you have any trouble staying OP while away? You are doing so great on this program. Gosh I'm so proud of ya. And your generosity to Spryng just goes to show what a terrific lady you are. Your really and inspiration to us all.

Spryng, I'm so glad things are working out for you and your new plan. WTG getting back on the exercise program too. Be careful not to over do it tho. How wonderful that you are getting into the WW program with Ginny too. I'm actually thinking about checking it out after Baylan gets here.

Well as for me I had a super busy day. I'm so tuckered that I can't sleep. The girls and I shampooed and washed the Blazer today after church. It was soooo hot out too. Then we went to the city to shop. Just got back awhile ago. All in all it was an ok day. A few frustrations but I'll get over it.
Hope you all have a great night!
Old 09-01-2003, 11:13 AM   #4  
burned out bus driver

Oh, golly......war has erupted here again!!!!!! Dh and Dd are a'feuding........but she has gone out for the day so at least for awhile it is quiet. See ya later!
Ginny
Old 09-01-2003, 11:16 AM   #5  
burned out bus driver

BTW- Thanks for starting the new thread, Michele!!!!!
Spryng, I will email you later and give you the info on WW- the materials ain't much- honestly......and they are used........ so the main book is crumpled! I can also send some of the weekly books- there are some I have xtras for. Figure the cost to ship will be about $4- probably less, but I will figure that all out later.
See ya and have a great day!
Ginny
Old 09-01-2003, 02:41 PM   #6  
I'm a Jovi Girl

S/C/G: 225/169.5/140

Good MOrning!

Ginny! WELCOME BACK!! I missed your posts!!

Spryng - I did WW at home in 1999 and lost 56 pounds in 10 months, so I know ift is a great plan. I cannot do it any more as my body cannot deal with carbs anymore.. (I did it for 2 months again last year eating my same meal plans I had from 1999, and gained 20 pounds!) I hope it works for you better than it does me. And what a boon to get Ginny's books!

As for me I have GREAT NEWS!! Today is one month on Atkins.. and although I didnt lose any weight this week either (TOM IS due next week so I always start gianing water the week before) here is my stats for my first month on the plan!

Weight Lost: 9 pounds in 4 weeks

Inches Lost: 9.5 inches off my entire body!

WOO HOO! I am so proud of myself!

I went to the gym today and they are doing this new thing called the "Wall of Sucess" I have an appt on Wednesday to meet with a personal trainer and have my picture taken and my stats taken. Then he helps me set 30 day fitness goals. After 30 days I meet with him again and we see how I did! I get my picture taken again and all the stats redone. I am really excited as I know that this will keep me motivated to stick OP!

Also I noticed something huge for me today! My thighs still rub together, but not that hard rubbing that causes prickly heat! so I have one more thing going for me! WOO HOO!!

Can you tell I am excited??

Gotta run. We have some last minute shopping to do for school (It starts tomorrow!) Talk to you all soon!
Old 09-01-2003, 03:21 PM   #7  
burned out bus driver

Just me back again!!

Karen- that is just awesome news- all your lost inches!!!! You go- and keep going. I am so happy for you! Sounds like no weight loss this week is not bothering you- and it shouldn't. My WW leader once did a whole meeting on non- scale related goals, like feeling better, clothes fitting better, thighs not rubbing together , getting thru a really tough eating situation with minimal dammage, getting all your walking/workouts in.......handling a stressful situation in a healthy manner...the list goes on and on. And you have come so far- I am so happy for you!!!! Keep up the good work.

Michele- has it cooled down at all by you????? Hope ya got some sleep/rest too, sounded like your day was busy.

Well, when I get online I will try to bit by bit leave stuff about our trip. Yes, I did get to the WW meeting on the Outer Banks- so glad that I did. It was different, but they are quite used to "visitors" there and the leader was nice. (formerly from NY state-upstate like me- how couldn't she be !). I did not stay for the whole meeting but most of it. The new Flex points system was introduced.......which really is not all that far off the mark from the old system. They sort of repackaged the program, and it should not be hard at all for Spryng to stay with us WW'ers.
I did get TOM while we were gone- but still managed to lose .4#- high humidity and TOM and all. Got my walks in, for the most part, despite the miserable heat. (had to for my sanity- next time I will tell you about my 1 3/4 hour walk ).
Gotta go- Spryng I will email you later on or tomorrow. Have a great day!
Ginny
Old 09-01-2003, 10:01 PM   #8  
hangin' in there...

Hey gang........

No time for a long post, as I'm off to work in a minute. Been a busy weekend, so I'll try to catch up tomorrow. But, I had to report that ds went ALL DAY in undies today, while we were at a fair, and no accidents! woooo hooooo! I am doing the happy dance!

Welcome home, Ginny!!!! Catch up with you all tomorrow........
Old 09-01-2003, 10:54 PM   #9  

Good evening all!
Congrats to Ginny for losing .4 #'s that is so great!! And congrats to you to Karen for all those inches lost!! I need to buy a tape measure too. I'm thinking about only weighing in once a month but measuring once a week. What do you think about that? I just don't want to put too much emphasis on my scale and I know tape measures are more accurate.
Well today was DH's and my last day together. We went to Kansas City and ate at the RainForest Cafe... what a noisy yet interesting place lol. Then we just spent a few hours together alone. SO I need to get off here to help him finish packing... he's gone tomorrow. I'll miss him so much.
TTYL!
Old 09-02-2003, 10:01 AM   #10  
burned out bus driver

Good morning!!!
Jen- congrats on Ds (and you!) going the day without diapers!!!
One of those bittersweet moments- you feel so happy for them and for you too, but then realize that it is one eensy teensy step away..... (but then I am nuts, and I tried to make diaper changing time fun for both of us) Hope you're not working too much!

Spryng-for some reason I am having trouble with my email....I got yours and can't send it back. I will try again later. Sounds like you and Dh had a nice day together. You're gonna be fine thru this, believe me!!!!!!!! Does your local library have a story time for your little ones? (mine did, and it was a nice time to sit, my older child listened to the story and they were used to younger siblings/babies etc...) Maybe you could try something like that to help keep the kids busy while Dh is gone. Hang in there- we'll keep you company!

So far today has been ok. It is still raining- so I did an hour of Leslie Sansone. I have to get back to strict WW eating- I sort of let myself slide the past few days. Coming home was stressful- and I am not really looking foward to going back to work tomorrow. But resigned I am- and I am going to eat well today.
Gotta go see if my dumb email works now. Have a great day!
Ginny
Old 09-02-2003, 10:51 AM   #11  

Ginny I'm so glad to see you back and posting. I hope it wasn't WWI with Dd and Dh that sent you on that long walk. Oh gosh I use to butt heads with my daddy constantly But... there's always a but! Today I'm closer to him than my mother. I'm so excited for you and your 4# lose on vacation. That is fantastic. I'm so proud of you. This plan is really doing it for you. Makes me even more interested in joining. Oh and it's still so hot here. Hot enough to make the devil sigh. I'm getting plenty of rest tho. Thanks for asking.

Karen WTG on all those inches lost. That is such and accomplishment. You are really becoming a rolemodel dieter. I'm so happy about your trainer. What a great motivation. I'd love to do something like that too. keep up the great work hon.

Glad you could stop in Jen. How's your plan going? Hope you had an OP weekend.

Spryng, oh I hope today isn't to hard for you to get thru. I'm saying lots of payers for ya. I know you are a very strong woman and you will be just fine. I'm not sure who you were asking about the measuring/scale so I'll just put my .02 in. It would def. benifit you to measure if you are gonna keep to a regular exercise/toning program. Muscle weighs more than fat and you'll just get frustrated on the scale. Also just in case you might wanna find a good cardio workout to help you scale down. Be careful toning to much (ie using heavy weights) you might get really bulky really fast. Sounds crazy but with the depo and the changes your body is going thru after having Tanner it can happen. My Gf started toning to soon after she had her child and now she has Terminator calves. Im always around if ya need any help looking for an exercise program.

Oh and as for me. I suffered all day yesterday with Braxton Hicks... BAH! I thought I had the poops. Then I never went all day and I figgered it out... duh! Ah well. I feel better today. Altho I told Hoss I was in awful bad shape and he would have to tend to the toddlers and bring me chocolate in bed all day! 'course he just gave me "the look" and went out the door. So looks like I'll be cleaning house all day and trying to get things caught up after the weekend. Hope you all have a great OP day!
Old 09-02-2003, 12:22 PM   #12  
hangin' in there...

Hello chickies........ how goes the battle today?

Ginny, please forgive me for not giving you a proper welcome home. We're very glad to have you back! How excellent that you were able to get to a meeting while you were ahway. If nothing else went as planned, at least you got to do that. I hope today goes well for you on the bus. My kids start back tomorrow, so we are off this afternoon for haircuts and to the grocery for lunch and snack stuff.

Spryng, I am thinking of you today, too. I know you will be strong, and that those little ones will keep you very busy and help the time to pass. On those days that it feels like time is standing still, you know you only have to turn to us for support. We're here for you, honey.

Michele, you crack me up with the chocolate in bed! Too bad it didn't work. Sorry about your BH.... I got them a lot with both boys, and they can be draining. I know it is super hot there, so be sure to keep up with your water intake, since dehydration will exacerbate contractions. Just a little friendly, unsolicited advice from your favorite nurse-wanna-be!

Karen, WTG on all of your accomplishments! You are such and inspiration to us all. Your focus and discipline are to be admired! High five!

Did I get everyone? I am doing ok. I had a SUPER busy weekend and sorta fell off track, but not too badly. I don't think I will have done any damage. I just probably won't lose anything from the weekend. But I am back OP today. And surprisingly, it is not that hard right now. Previously, if I fall off program, I find it so difficult to get back on. But I think I went into the weekend knowing that there would be a few "indulgences" and that I would get right back to it today. I plan to start exercising by the end of the week.... start slow and gradually build up. So, I will look forward to seeing some results soon, just as soon as TOM comes and goes.

K gang, I am off. Gotta feed the animals (kids) and get ready to head out. Hope everyone is well....
Old 09-02-2003, 03:15 PM   #13  

Good afternoon all!
I am only on here for a sec... Ginny.. if you can't get through to my email then you can PM me the info if you want. I'll get it either way...
I'm glad to see everyone is doing well today. I'm kinda an emotional wreck today... DH leaves at 4 pm... so right now he is getting dd's staple taken out of her head and I am just trying to relax.
I'll try to get on tonight after the kiddos are in bed. TTYL
Old 09-02-2003, 04:22 PM   #14  

I just popped in to see how you were doing Spryng. Saying lots of prayers for you.

I'm up to my eyeballs in house work but I'm getting it done!

Jen I had no idea dehydration could do that to contractions. TYSM. I've been drinking alot of water but I'll def. increase it more!
Old 09-02-2003, 05:02 PM   #15  
burned out bus driver

Hi!
Gee, it is great to see your posts and feel kind of normal here..back at home!

Spryng-big hugs to you!!!!! Hang in there, Hon. We are all here for you!

Jen-ok, I am majorally offended.........aw, you know me, not much rattles my cage!!!!!! We are all busy with our families, and I am just thrilled to hear from each of you. Hope that you survived your last day- and the last minute shopping for snacks, etc.....Gosh, where did this summer go???!

Michele-my favorite mantra- drink your water!!!! Go easy on the housework- hard to believe but you are getting close to delivery!!! Woo hoo! My motto is that housework is very patient, it always waits for you. Take care of yourself, you need the rest when you can grab it.

Still trying to tie up some loose ends here before tomorrow......I am the only one who goes back tomorrow, so in a way it will be easy. I can leave the troops sleeping and get out to do my am run.
Guess I'd better go! Have a great nite!
Ginny
Closed Thread