Old 07-12-2012, 08:49 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 180/176/155

Height: 5'9"

Default What are you eating today, THURSDAY July 12

Morning all!! I'm am HATING today because the scale is NOT moving. I'm SO gasy (but nothing comes out!) and uncomfortable... I just don't know whats up ;( I'm on the cleanse, which I thought was supposed to make me feel fabulous, but its not! I switched my shakes to Julian Michael's Whey Powder... maybe thats it.

Phase 1:

Breakfast, 7am:
Strawberry Pudding Smoothie

Lunch:
Salad- Out to lunch

Snack:
Iced Coffee with a Chocolate Shake

Dinner:
Roasted Chicken and Bell Peppers

Snack:
Chocolate Shake Smoothie
NOVAScents is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 10:50 AM   #2  
Start IP 6/25/12

S/C/G: 242.8/230.4/150

Height: 5'7"

Morning All! Scale is inching, I am not seeing the big drops that you all seem to have when first starting out...but I am still plugging along.

Phase I, Alternatives:

B: coffee; Atkins meal bar
L: Pure Protein vanilla shake; 1c Cucs, 1c zucchini
S: Choc Shake
D: Ground turkey burger, 8ozs; 2c broccoli

water water water and more water

NOVAScents: I noticed that you eat 2 snacks...has that affected your losses? I thought the program calls for only one snack? But I would love to be able to add in another if I need to.
PhoenixRisingAgain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 11:24 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 273/255/175

Trying to stay committed with no cheating! So I am going to start posting my daily meals to stay accountable.

Breakfast:
Pure Protein Smores Bar
Coffee

Lunch
Lite Muscle Milk Vanilla with spinach/romaine mix blended w/ ice

Snack
Cucumbers

Dinner
Salmon - not sure on the veggies yet

Snack
Tried the pudding "muffins" for the first time last night - IP Lemon pudding w/ poppy seeds, almond extract and a little WF Syrup on top when they were done. YUM! Will probably experiment with another tonight.
anitamarlene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 11:44 AM   #4  
IP Round #3: 11/14/2023

S/C/G: 210/184/145

Height: 5'5"/49yo

Phase 1: Week 19, Day 7

Breakfast@8am: Spinach Smoothie*
IP Chocolate RTD
Spinach + 1 Heart of Romaine (lettuce for a little extra freebie & bulk in the morning)
2 cups Half-Caf Coffee
1 Stevia
*blend greens, sweetener, & 2 cups coffee ~2 minutes; add RTD, blend ~10 seconds; serve over ice.

Lunch@12pm: Spicy Soup
IP Chicken Soup
Roasted Poblano, Bell Pepper, Jalapeno, Garlic Puree

Snack@4pm: Restricted 4th Packet for Weightlifting
IP Apple Cinammon Soy Puffs

Snack@6pm: Pudding Waffles*
IP Chocolate Pudding
2 Egg Whites
1/2 tsp Baking Powder & 2oz Water
*beat egg whites; fold in pudding, water, & baking powder; grill on wafflemaker until crispy...YUM!

Bodypump*@6:30-7:30
*weightlifting days I add a 4th restricted packet and a 2 egg white recipe

Dinner@8pm: Protein & Veggie
Chicken Breast Fajitas
Braised Celery in 8oz Chicken Broth

Tea@10pm: 2 cups Licorice, Peppermint, & Fennel Herbal Tea

Last edited by LizRR; 07-12-2012 at 01:52 PM.
LizRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 11:55 AM   #5  

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOVAScents View Post
Morning all!! I'm am HATING today because the scale is NOT moving. I'm SO gasy (but nothing comes out!) and uncomfortable... I just don't know whats up ;( I'm on the cleanse, which I thought was supposed to make me feel fabulous, but its not! I switched my shakes to Julian Michael's Whey Powder... maybe thats it.
Honestly, I've never done the cleanse, but had looked through some threads on it and that sounds similar to some other folks reactions - as far as gassy during the cleanse, but sounded like good losses after. I did go through a few boxes of herbal 'Detox' teas off & on throughout the past few months (too cheap to buy the cleanse, but interested in your observations!).

Quote:
Originally Posted by anitamarlene View Post
Trying to stay committed with no cheating! So I am going to start posting my daily meals to stay accountable.
YES! I LOVE this thread, it motivates you to plan your day from the start, and also gives you ideas and meal inspiration. You can do this!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixRisingAgain View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOVAScents View Post
Phase 1:

Breakfast, 7am: Strawberry Pudding Smoothie
Lunch: Salad- Out to lunch
Snack: Iced Coffee with a Chocolate Shake
Dinner: Roasted Chicken and Bell Peppers
Snack: Chocolate Shake Smoothie
NOVAScents: I noticed that you eat 2 snacks...has that affected your losses? I thought the program calls for only one snack? But I would love to be able to add in another if I need to.
It looks like she is splitting her food up into mini-meals with a free salad & veggies at lunch, which is totally okay if it helps your hunger! Just get in your 3 IP + 8oz protein + 4 cups veggies each day (and free lettuce).

Shuffle & split as you need to adjust to your schedule and hunger! Personally I swap my snack & dinner and also split up my 2 cups lunch veggies between 1 cup @ breakfast and 1 cup @ lunch - also I 'frontload' my breakfast smoothie with an extra dose of lettuce for extra filler & fiber. Find what works for you, just eat your food!

Last edited by LizRR; 07-12-2012 at 12:00 PM.
Old 07-12-2012, 12:07 PM   #6  
Start IP 6/25/12

S/C/G: 242.8/230.4/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizRR View Post
It looks like she is splitting her food up into mini-meals with a free salad & veggies at lunch, which is totally okay if it helps your hunger! Just get in your 3 IP + 8oz protein + 4 cups veggies each day (and free lettuce).

Shuffle & split as you need to adjust to your schedule and hunger! Personally I swap my snack & dinner and also split up my 2 cups lunch veggies between 1 cup @ breakfast and 1 cup @ lunch - also I 'frontload' my breakfast smoothie with an extra dose of lettuce for extra filler & fiber. Find what works for you, just eat your food!

LizRR, thanks for the reply. Now that I look at it more closely, yes I can see how she is splitting it. I can get pretty full on free lettuce and 2 cups of veggies at lunch, so having my shake as an afternoon snack instead of with lunch sounds good to me! Then that still frees me to have a snack at night, during our family snack time.

I am trying to adopt a more regular pattern for having meals as well. I think I need to go with "set" times to eat so that I am not suddenly finding myself overly hungry. Today I am modeling your schedule actually: 8,12,4,and 8. Let's see how it goes!

One last thing: Can I get a ruling on herbal tea? It's caffeine free and I drink it with nothing in it, but it is flavored. Ingredients on tea bag: peppermint. Is it OK to drink herb teas?

Thanks!
PhoenixRisingAgain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 12:30 PM   #7  
began IP May 25

S/C/G: 198/see ticker/140

Height: 5' 2"

Phase 1, week 6, day 7:
Breakfast
@ 7:30 - IP cereal pancake w/2 egg whites, b. soda, vanilla, and WF syrup on top
Snack @ 10:30 - (was really hungry this morning for some reason) restricted bar
Lunch @ 12:30 - Leek soup w/chopped roasted veggies (1 c), salad w/1 c veggies (no dressing today)
usually have an afternoon snack, but had it earlier today
Supper @ 5:30 - 6 ish: going to try the Miracle noodles finally, WF pasta sauce (2-3 Tab), meatballs made from lean grd. beef, egg white, & seasonings. Should probably only use 6 - 7 oz grd beef since adding in an egg white.

Oops - need to have a salad or veggies with supper too. (I've been quite scattered this week, so my meal planning isn't up to par.)

Last edited by greeniris; 07-12-2012 at 12:31 PM.
greeniris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 01:44 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 206/190/155

Height: 5'9

I had the chocolate pudding as a shake this morning with lots of ice, a dash of cinnamon and about half the cup full of coffee with it....mmmmmm....good!
KellyonIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 01:49 PM   #9  

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixRisingAgain View Post
One last thing: Can I get a ruling on herbal tea? It's caffeine free and I drink it with nothing in it, but it is flavored. Ingredients on tea bag: peppermint. Is it OK to drink herb teas?
YES on the herbal tea! I have 2 cups of Licorice, Peppermint, & Fennel tea every night - I don't put it on the log, but I will start.
Old 07-12-2012, 01:57 PM   #10  

Height: 5'7

Breakfast - 3 shots of Iced Espresso from Starbucks mixed with a Vanilla RTD

Lunch - grilled zucchini and IP Leek soup

Snack - either pom, cran granita drink OR IP peanut crunch bar

Dinner - large green salad with cucumber, tomato, onion and chicken w/WF bacon ranch dressing
Soootiff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 02:40 PM   #11  
Restart 12/29/13

S/C/G: 172/160/135

Height: 5'2

LizRR, do you mind sharing how you make your spicy puree? Do you make a large quantity and use a little throughout the week or make new everyday? Thanks for your input!

Also, I'm super jealous you do body pump! It was my favorite class before starting IP. Really looking forward to the point where I can start it up again...spinning too
RN4Babies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 03:05 PM   #12  
Dieting Since Birth!

S/C/G: 308/ Ticker /208

9AM: 1 EAS Low carb shake
Noon: 2 cups zucchini , cut as noodles
garden salad with WF bleu cheese dressing
2pm: 1 EAS Low Carb Shake
6PM: 8oz sirloin, grilled with herbs
2 cups red cabbage (made stove top with apple cider vinegar, chopped
onion, sea salt, pepper, water, 2 tsp olive oil, little minced garlic)
8PM: garden salad with wf dressing
10PM: 1 EAS low carb shake
Last night had those tofu noodles stir fry and that was amazing! Gave my review of them in my other thread...going to add them twice a week!
Happy day all!
Jake
mammoth357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 03:16 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 185/171/145

Height: 5'4"

What is this cleanse you're on? This is the first time I've heard about someone being on a cleanse while doing IP.
vovo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 04:49 PM   #14  
Adult Member

S/C/G: 196/184/160

Height: 5'3

I am a total carbaholic, and was missing my pasta, so I decided to improvise to stay OP. I used rhudabaga instead of spaghetti noodles ... it was wonderful! I hadn't cooked with rhudabaga before, but I was very happy as it looked and tasted like real spaghetti :O)))
Aussieluver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 06:03 PM   #15  
Started IP 6/14/12

S/C/G: 202.8/165/135

Height: 5'1"

Breakfast: pina colada drink
Lunch: IP chicken soup - poured into the pan that 1 1/4 cup veggie were sauteeing with lots of garlic. This was very yummy.
Snack: butterscotch pudding
Dinner: Salmon, asparagus, and salad
joysh is offline   Reply With Quote