South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 07-12-2012, 06:41 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Default Thursday's Daily Beach Chat for 7/12

The fragrant aroma of coffee is permeating my house this morning. Who wants some?

I got off work early enough yesterday to treat myself to some lovely "ME" time, just taking my time browsing in the thrift shop and at Kohl's. No one knew I was off work, so nobody could pester me. I know that sounds pretty selfish, but my time is precious these days. I did get home in plenty of time to make Jake a nice supper and bake 3 loaves of zucchini bread, so everyone is happy.

I grated up some extra zucchini to take with me today, and the girls are going to bake a chocolate zucchini cake. We have to run by an apartment complex that they own to run an errand, too, and then they have Art Club at the end of the day. I think tonight's supper will be roasted cauliflower and green beans in marinara.
Old 07-12-2012, 06:43 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default xxx

Quickie post this morning as I want to water the garden and then get over to the Hall to organize school work judging. The judge told me she was a morning person but doesn’t want to start until ten. I figure I’ll sort out the obvious losers to move the process along faster. Today we judge and mark the winners for my “team” to record and add ribbons before they are displayed. I’m hoping splitting this into two days will eliminate some of the stress and still ‘git r done’!

Dinner is planned but lunch may be a problem. I'll probably take the judge to the Diner for lunch and indulge in a veggie pizza with her before we go back to tackle the last half of the judging.

It’s going to be the first day of another string of scorchers but I have a large jug of iced tea ready for late afternoon sipping and my AC is set to turn on when it gets hot enough. Right now it’s a balmy 57ºF and the house is wonderfully cool and airy.
Old 07-12-2012, 06:48 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good morning Ruthie. I've been craving one of Bob's veggie pizzas; eat a slice for me!
Old 07-12-2012, 06:49 AM   #4  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

I'm titled xxx because I knew Cottage was creating a thread and I'd have to merge.

Cottage, so glad you are taking "me" time. That's so important for everyone but especially for you in your current situation. I envy you your zucchini harvest - mine just seem to be all male blossoms. I do have some tiny cukes forming though and got the first cherry tomato yesterday. I'm babying my garden a lot with water these days. We are in extreme drought conditions but I'm lucky to have two deep wells. Some folk in the Village are running out of water and the lake levels are the lowest they've been in 50 years.

Gotta jet! Have a great day! Will have a slice of pizza for you, Linda, since you insist!
Old 07-12-2012, 07:08 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Good morning ladies!

Cottage - congrats on "me" time!! The zucchini bread sounds wonderful. I have a bunch of yellow squash, i need to figure out what to do with it!

Ruth - LOL...discard the obvious losers. Don't ask their mommas - that's the best artwork around! Sounds like a fun morning, but 10 am is certainly not for early risers. I'd go nuts pacing around!

I got to do a run yesterday, which wiped me out with this humidity! Today is a looong day at work, but it's a packed day, so at least it goes fast (and the boss is happy). I'm getting anxious to make a weekend glow salad, maybe I'll do that tonight if I'm feeling ambitious?

Cottage reminded me I need to stop by Goodwill sometimes. I have a hard time finding dresses that fit me right (I'm a petite pear), and I often find good brand names there!
Old 07-12-2012, 07:08 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Good morning here comes the heat and humidity again.

Lovely afternoon lounging with friends yesterday

Was a good girl prepped last night for toDay, but forgot my breakfast at home and spilled coffee on my uniform shirt. Fortunately I did have eggs at work and a clean shirt. Too much eating and not enough moving last few days showed up as 4 pounds on the scale. In my head I known I did not gain 4 pounds in 2 days, but it is helping me to refocus. Also I could see my ankles retaining water.

Otherwise uneventful days ahead of work. Enjoy the day
Old 07-12-2012, 07:09 AM   #7  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning

I have two days off from work, but of course, have obligations. Kirk has PT at 10 but I asked him if going early would be a possibility and I'd ride my bike around a lake while he walked.

Linda, glad you took time for yourself. I sneak in moments, too.

Ruth, I got a chuckle out of 10 am for your morning person. Heck, sometimes I'm ready for a nap by then. I hope your day isn't too hot!
Old 07-12-2012, 11:52 AM   #8  

Height: 5' 7"

Hi everyone, just a quickfly by for me on my way to present.

have a great day
Old 07-12-2012, 05:13 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 181/181/130

Height: 5 feet

Hello my chicks late post again for me again today. Just eating supper
of bqued steak and roasted potatoes and carrots. Not really sitting well with the belly but I need to eat. Leaving soon for a 6.5 km walk so I need energy.
Hope you all are having a great day.
Closed Thread