Old 07-11-2012, 06:53 PM   #1  

Question Barely 2 weeks and feel frustrated... I need emotional support ! :'(

I have to admit i did cheat a little bit on sunday, we went to Olive Garden with all my family, and I asked for the Grilled chicken ate it with salad but had half a bun :/ plus the salad seasoning they use... I feel already bored of eating veggies the whole time, im so exhausted im so dissapointed at myself i never thought it was going to be this hard for me..today i busted out in tears I really want to do this and be succesful more than anything but i feel like at some point im going to cheat, and I DONT WANT TO!! please help mee! what do you do to get the cravings go away?... my first weight in i lost 6 pounds, and I have 22 more pounds to go... I feel so lonely
MusicLover23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 07:11 PM   #2  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

That 6lb loss should give you the strength you need to keep going. If you have been around this forum at all you know that you are NOT alone. WE are ALL going through the SAME journey just on different levels. IF you want it bad enough YOU WILL NOT CHEAT.....as I have always said...CHEATING IS NOT AN OPTION FOR ME......when you cheat you are cheating YOURSELF.....no body but yourself and who is discouraged and disappointed? YOU are....you are a strong person, believe in yourself...YOU CAN DO THIS....WE all believe in YOU...You are setting yourself up for failure by ThINKING you are going to cheat. Have an open mind with the veggies, there are TONS of recipes floating around here that will give you a variety to fix. Take the time to look through the recipe threads and find something you like. YOU CAN DO THIS BUT you have to be committed 100%
wuv2bloved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 07:15 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 280/Ticker/190

Height: 5'10"

That's exactly how I have felt with every other diet.. but with IP, I feel like cheating isn't even an option. I haven't even considered a "cheat day" or anything because I feel like having a coach and my fiance paying for the program is holding me accountable. You need to decide what is more important to you.. eating whatever you want and being overweight, or doing IP and feeling great every time you step on a scale. You really need to be mentally prepared for weight loss, it won't work if you aren't completely surrendering to it!

good luck!
LindseyTradeChic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 07:19 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 273/255/175

Height: 5'7"

Spot on post. I am five weeks in and have struggled. Wasn't in the right frame of mind when I started. Trying to be on track now. Posting here to stay committed.
anitamarlene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 07:20 PM   #5  
Started IP 4/4/2012

S/C/G: 267.8/150/150

Height: 5'5'

We do a lot of different things with our veggies.

Turnip and celery root fries
Roasted fennel
Use two portobello caps as a bun for your burger
Roasted asparagus - we roast/ grill a lot of our veggies
Put 2 cups of mushrooms in the omelet (sauté them first in another pan)

We have a Penzey's spice store locally so we got a lot of spice blends and use them on our veggies and protein. Just watch the labels to make sure they don't have sugar or milk solids.

Give it a chance to work, have with it.
Lynnie63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 07:36 PM   #6  

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuv2bloved View Post
That 6lb loss should give you the strength you need to keep going. If you have been around this forum at all you know that you are NOT alone. WE are ALL going through the SAME journey just on different levels. IF you want it bad enough YOU WILL NOT CHEAT.....as I have always said...CHEATING IS NOT AN OPTION FOR ME......when you cheat you are cheating YOURSELF.....no body but yourself and who is discouraged and disappointed? YOU are....you are a strong person, believe in yourself...YOU CAN DO THIS....WE all believe in YOU...You are setting yourself up for failure by ThINKING you are going to cheat. Have an open mind with the veggies, there are TONS of recipes floating around here that will give you a variety to fix. Take the time to look through the recipe threads and find something you like. YOU CAN DO THIS BUT you have to be committed 100%
THank you so much! for some reason I started crying when i read your comment...I really want to do this! and i comitt myself to never cheat again, I will try to look for recipies and different things to eat my problem is I hate veggies, but thats not going to keep me away from getting to my goal.. I will do my best THANK YOU ! very much for your support have a wonderful night
Old 07-11-2012, 07:38 PM   #7  

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuv2bloved View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by LindseyTradeChic View Post
That's exactly how I have felt with every other diet.. but with IP, I feel like cheating isn't even an option. I haven't even considered a "cheat day" or anything because I feel like having a coach and my fiance paying for the program is holding me accountable. You need to decide what is more important to you.. eating whatever you want and being overweight, or doing IP and feeling great every time you step on a scale. You really need to be mentally prepared for weight loss, it won't work if you aren't completely surrendering to it!

good luck!

Your right is time for me to do this right and keep on going! thank you!
Old 07-11-2012, 07:43 PM   #8  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynnie63 View Post
We do a lot of different things with our veggies.

Turnip and celery root fries
Roasted fennel
Use two portobello caps as a bun for your burger
Roasted asparagus - we roast/ grill a lot of our veggies
Put 2 cups of mushrooms in the omelet (sauté them first in another pan)

We have a Penzey's spice store locally so we got a lot of spice blends and use them on our veggies and protein. Just watch the labels to make sure they don't have sugar or milk solids.

Give it a chance to work, have with it.
I heard about Turnip fries? I really want to try that out... but is Turnip a restricted veggie? because it is a root vegtable as well as potatoe... i dont know im a little confused? and is it ok for me to eat it since i only have 2 weeks on the program? do you know?
Old 07-11-2012, 07:44 PM   #9  
First Day IP 31 May 2012

S/C/G: See ticker

Height: 5'4"

Dear Music Lover,

You are doing great. The road is hard, but the effort is worth it. Just make sure you aren't throwing rocks in your own path and then complaining the road is rocky

If you haven't already looked at it the daily chat is a lifesaver for me (boat kind, not candy kind) it lets me see the victories and struggles of others and use their sucesses as motivation for my own.

You are strong and powerful, you can do ANYTHING!!!!
GrandmaKiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 08:05 PM   #10  

Quote:
Originally Posted by MusicLover23 View Post
I have to admit i did cheat a little bit on sunday, we went to Olive Garden with all my family, and I asked for the Grilled chicken ate it with salad but had half a bun :/ plus the salad seasoning they use... I feel already bored of eating veggies the whole time, im so exhausted im so dissapointed at myself i never thought it was going to be this hard for me..today i busted out in tears I really want to do this and be succesful more than anything but i feel like at some point im going to cheat, and I DONT WANT TO!! please help mee! what do you do to get the cravings go away?... my first weight in i lost 6 pounds, and I have 22 more pounds to go... I feel so lonely
I can totally relate to your post. The second day of IP I was crying like I had lost my best friend...food. I realized how much I depended on food for my emotional needs. I don't want to do that anymore. IP took away my coping mechanism...thank goodness. I could see I had an unhealthy relationship with food. Now I try to cope in different ways, reading, walking, calling a friend and just plain feeling the feelings. You can do it!
justpeachy789 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 08:37 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 202/160/135

Height: 5'3"

I was crying too during the first week, just watching the movie where someone eats pizza. This will go away. My biggest motivation was $$$, if I decided to spend that much on my diet, I'd better be following every step. Good luck, you'll feel better when you see scale number going down.
zoyaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 09:17 PM   #12  
IP Start: 6/30/12

S/C/G: 244/.../145

Height: 5'2"

Stick to it and come to this forum for support, it helps out a whole lot! Put your bad week behind you and only look forward. After the pounds add up, you'll want less and less to cheat. Things do get better!
Meagan240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 10:55 PM   #13  

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandmaKiss View Post
Dear Music Lover,

You are doing great. The road is hard, but the effort is worth it. Just make sure you aren't throwing rocks in your own path and then complaining the road is rocky

If you haven't already looked at it the daily chat is a lifesaver for me (boat kind, not candy kind) it lets me see the victories and struggles of others and use their sucesses as motivation for my own.

THANK YOU!! i feel so much better now i been looking thru recipies and the walden farms products!! i am going to start getting creative, thanks everyone i def feel much much better!
Old 07-11-2012, 10:57 PM   #14  

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandmaKiss View Post
Dear Music Lover,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meagan240 View Post
Stick to it and come to this forum for support, it helps out a whole lot! Put your bad week behind you and only look forward. After the pounds add up, you'll want less and less to cheat. Things do get better!
THANK YOU SO MUCH!
Old 07-11-2012, 10:58 PM   #15  

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoyaka View Post
I was crying too during the first week, just watching the movie where someone eats pizza. This will go away. My biggest motivation was $$$, if I decided to spend that much on my diet, I'd better be following every step. Good luck, you'll feel better when you see scale number going down.
THANK YOU I DEF FEEL MUCH BETTER!