Dieting with Obstacles Those with special health concerns such as diabetes, fibromyalgia, pregnancy, etc can post here for extra support and help.

Old 07-11-2012, 07:21 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 290/273/261

Height: 5'7

Default So many health barriers and med barriers.

I just have to knock them down I guess. This has been a decade struggle and now that I'm 30 I need to really put more effort into this.

I am having surgery on July 26th because I have endometriosis on my left ureter. I have fibromyalgia, chronic urticaria, and i'm on psych meds, and PCOS. Sometimes I feel like all of those conditions weigh one hundred pounds each tied around my ankles.

I have regained what i lost but that's no surprise. I didn't come here to whine but anybody with similar problems? Did you lose weight? Were you able to lose weight? Surgery for me is not an option, I want to do this the natural way.

Thank you,
Lisa
eternalflame30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 09:08 PM   #2  

Height: 5'9"

You can do this! Don't feel like you are alone. I don't have your same health problems, but I have seen so many posts here from people with serious problems that enjoyed great successes with weight loss. You get your mind right, and the weight loss will follow. Take care.
Brandis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 10:10 PM   #3  

Thank you Brandis, and you are right about the mind, I just need to get into the "I can" attitude.
Lisa
Old 07-11-2012, 11:03 PM   #4  
Running for my life

S/C/G: 240/140

Height: 5'6"

eternalflame-You CAN do this. I also have numerous health problems. I have Parkinson's Disease, only one kidney, I had a stroke in 2009, followed by numerous seizures. In 2004, I had my first brain surgery, followed by 3 others.

I was 100 lbs. overweight and lost it in 10 months times. I have maintained it for 18 months. Like brandis said, it truly is about getting your head right and telling yourself that no matter what your health issues are, they will be SO much better without the extra weight. That's what happened for me, and believe me, it wasn't easy. I will never say that it was. However, when I finally was so sick of being sick and fat, I knew that I could do something about the fat, and so I did, no excuses.

I know you can do it too. You must keep a positive attitude and look only forward. There are many people here who have serious medical issues who have managed to lose and maintain. I have seen several with PCOS who have had great success.

Best wishes to you and many!!
milmin2043 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 12:18 PM   #5  

Thank you so much I am sorry for all of the health issues you endured. It's nice to know you lost that much weight in that much time given them, it gives me hope. Thank you again,
Lisa
Old 07-12-2012, 01:43 PM   #6  
Fit before 30! 12/6/2013

S/C/G: 200ish/ticker/140

Height: 5'2"

PCOS, Endo, Thyroid issues (hyper/hypo Im all over lol), cortisol deficency and tension headaches that got me an "anti-depresant" rx  on thyroid meds & a cortisteroid too 

Pushing through dropping about a pound a week  Slow & steady

Keep pushing!!! Hard but worth it 

Last edited by MrsH2132012; 07-12-2012 at 01:45 PM.
MrsH2132012 is offline   Reply With Quote