Dieting with Obstacles Those with special health concerns such as diabetes, fibromyalgia, pregnancy, etc can post here for extra support and help.

Old 07-10-2012, 07:12 AM   #1  

Default newbee here with colostomy caused by binging

hi guys, I'm 41 and I have had a longstanding issue with binging and overeating. Last year, after a bad binging bout, I was hospitalised with terrible pain, and it turned out i had a bowel blockage, except the hospital failed to recognise this, and after 5 days of pain and went into sepsis, they rushed me in for an emergency colostomy.
I nearly died, and was put on life support..I fought for my life in intensive care for 3 weeks... I am really lucky to be alive!
( I am suing the hospital for negligence)

I now have to lose weight to get ready for colostomy reversal surgery but im so traumatised by what happened to me that im still binging.. i havent learnt my lesson. I binge to cope with stress and i really need to stop and to lose the weight.
( i cant get any counselling here in the uk for my probs on the nhs)
I'm really struggling with coping with a colostomy, i'm scared about the next operation.
I also have severe m.e, fibromyalgia, osteo arthritis of spine hands and feet, and hypothyroid.Plus BPD and PTSD
It's all got a bit much really!
take care, bluebell

Last edited by bluebellfairy; 07-10-2012 at 07:20 AM.
bluebellfairy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 07:35 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Welcome, Bluebell, so sorry about all the problems. That all sounds pretty serious, I would think you have had enough of hospitals . Take care of yourself so your health can be restored.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 08:01 AM   #3  

thank you so much for your kind reply you are right, i so have had anough of hospitals to last a lifetime. peace, bluebell

Last edited by bluebellfairy; 07-10-2012 at 08:02 AM.
bluebellfairy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 09:32 PM   #4  
Stephanie

S/C/G: 236/135-140/More Fit

Height: 5'6"

Do they have over-eaters anonymous (or the like) over there? That's free and I'd bet you would get a ton of support and tools to help with your over-eating!

Best wishes!
LockItUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 11:43 AM   #5  
On a Mission

S/C/G: 246/193/169

Height: 5'9"

Are you eligible for counseling for your BPD or PTSD? Perhaps you could get counseling for those and cover your overeating as a symptom of one of those disorders?

How do you plan to take care of yourself after reversal if you are still bingeing? Would it be better to solve this before surgery so you don't end up in the same boat at some point in the future? I can definitely see where that concerns you.

Last edited by 4star; 07-16-2012 at 11:45 AM.
4star is offline   Reply With Quote