South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 07-09-2012, 06:09 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Beach Chat for Monday, July 9

Good morning. I'm hoping the weather is good where you are. We are finally out of that repressive heat wave. It's 50ºF right now and only going up to 80º this afternoon. I have all the windows open and the air is lovely and fresh.

It's been a good weekend but too much food was involved. I did a beer can chicken last night and invited Donna for dinner. I also made a potato salad thinking it would give me leftovers this week but ... Going to have to focus on clean eating this week for sure!

Off to the gym and the bank first thing this morning. Then I start into the busiest three weeks of my summer as we gear up for Delta Fair. I'm going to try very hard to keep things in balance and look after myself. There are several "fun" events on the calendar which are going to take priority and will be saying "No" a lot. My summer vacation officially will start on the last Sunday of the month when I wave farewell to the Fair and head to the beach!

As my Mother would say "Stop whining and just get on with it!"

Raising my mug to us all for a happy no-moan Monday!
Old 07-09-2012, 06:17 AM   #2  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning all Isn't it a lovely morning? I love the cooler temps. Sleeping is so much nicer (even if I did wake up at 4:30).

Business is slow at the video store so my small allotment of hours is patchier. Instead of a full day today I'm working just a couple of hours. ends up the same for the week but breaks it up more. Oh well, I will use the time to get a few errands done and get ready for my DD's visit later in the week.

In job news I'm considering jumping back into the fire at least through the election. I might be insane but the money and benefits would be good and it's physically exhausting but not emotionally demanding. Haven't made any decisions yet. Life is weird.

Hope your Monday is off to a good start!
Old 07-09-2012, 06:32 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

The cooler temps are a lovely way to start the work week, but listening to my Grandson having a meltdown upstairs sure isn't.

I must really work on setting food priorities straight after all the birthday celebrations last week. I have 3 weeks to get myself in shape for my beach vacation, and 2 more birthdays are happening before that. I must take a clue from Ruth and learn to just say NO.
Old 07-09-2012, 06:33 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Morning chicks!

Ruth - good luck on practicing that word "NO". I like it when others admit their dieting shortfalls, helps me realize we're all human and no one on here is without fault! (at least re: dieting anyway!)

Cyndi - the job sounds appealing...physically exhausting can be good sometimes, esp. if it leaves the brain alone. Let us know what you decide.

Ohhhhh, they are right, it is so much nicer out this am! The a/c has been turned off, and the air smells lovely. I only have one surgery (so far) today, have some research and call backs etc too. I may go on a bike ride or something for exercise after. The pup is not up to normal (um, never mind my bum is sore from my trail run!), so i might skip the run today.

I admit, I'm drinking leftover coffee today. Didn't even bother warming it up (it's not that cool out!)...still good!
Old 07-09-2012, 06:39 AM   #5  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwynnB View Post
I admit, I'm drinking leftover coffee today. Didn't even bother warming it up (it's not that cool out!)...still good!
My favorite summer leftover coffee use is with a scoop of chocolate whey protein as an afternoon pick-up. I always add a little extra unsweetened cocoa
Old 07-09-2012, 07:29 AM   #6  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning

I slept in after my busy Sunday. Veg-Fest was great! We listened to two speakers and I bought 4 cookbooks. Time to start transitioning my cookbook collection. Sea Shepherd was there, if any of you have heard of them. We support their efforts to save whales and the 1st mate, Peter H. was there. He and Kirk talked, and he suggested to Kirk that he come with them to Antarcticia as a marine engineer....made Kirk feel great!

I'm off to work soon and still have a bit of laundry in the dryer.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 07-09-2012, 07:41 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Good morning. It is beautiful here too. Good day for an outside ride. Then later upstate to see my friend's son's baseball game. Afterwards dinner either the three of us or possibly joining his parents.Truthfully if it is the three of us it is easier to stay OP. Tomorrow my son and I are going to dinner. He did not get the option to say no. It has been a month since he has been with his dad. I don't miss the teenage drama, but I do miss my son.

Greek yogurt with strawberries and flax seeds done now on to the coffee!

Have a great day
Old 07-09-2012, 08:07 AM   #8  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning, chicks.

I worked yesterday so today doesn't feel like a Monday at all! Working this afternoon too. First, gym and hair cut/color.

DH and teen are in Colorado so I'm enjoying the quiet of the house to myself. Was none too happy though when the "check engine" light went on in my car yesterday right after DH left town and the teen joked "don't drive my new car while I'm gone." I found a place open Sunday night that checked my code and it so far seems to be nothing serious. Fingers crossed.

Have a great day, everyone.
Old 07-09-2012, 08:22 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 173/157.8/133

Height: 5'4"

Good morning, chicks! Ah - Jennifer - teenage drama...That seems to be the norm in my life right now. So Cate (that's me), repeat after me: I will not let anger and frustration at my DD cause me to make bad beverage choices! So - along with the early posters, its time for a clean eating, and drinking week. It's going to be a busy one, since we have three Play rehearsals, and I have 7 more men's nightshirts to sew. Oh yeah, I will not let my daughter distract me from getting my own tasks done....haha. We'll see how THAT works. Wish me luck!
Cate
Old 07-09-2012, 08:23 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 302/302/200

Height: 5'6"

Good Morning from a much cooler ohio! Today is my new day and Monday finally came( anyone see the movie Lbs.?)....I am startin SB for the second time ( did great the 1st but fell of the diet wagon 2yrs ago) Have my menu planned for the week,, walking dvd and a good pair of shoes and a good attitude... the third day seems to be my akilles so if you have a suggestion pleeze throw it..I am a carb junkie and a pretty hard core one....off to walk and do errands then home for a broccoili egg bake!
Old 07-09-2012, 08:49 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 189/173/147

good afternoon all
i am now back from somerset, the weather was kind to me not too hot and stayed fine so got everything i wanted done. it was great to see my grandaughter tegan, she is just turned 1 and will very soon be walking. I have decided that i am not going to diet anymore, I will eat clean and keep portion sizes down. and keep my fingers crossed. now off to do my new ab workout from oxygen mag and some cardio
Old 07-09-2012, 10:16 AM   #12  
Xan
serial rejoiner

S/C/G: 296/264/160

Height: 5' 8"

Good morning! The heat finally broke! The heat finally broke! This is the longest spell of over 95 degree heat we (and a lot of others) have had. Lots of work to do today, but still on plan.

Welcome, dinomama. It is odd about the third day, isn't it? I've had that happen before in previous attempts. Today's my second -- fingers crossed
Old 07-09-2012, 12:10 PM   #13  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

morning, er, afternoon ladies!

I am back from the heck of conference weeks and a week in Maine. I won't lie, on this, my one year anniversary of SBD, I admit I went totally and entirely off plan for about 3 weeks. I refuse to get on a scale to see the damage (until tomorrow that is) but I am back and on Ph 1.5 (We are very, very poor until Friday so I have to eat wheat/brown rice).

I hope everyone is well. Will catch up soon,
Jenn
Old 07-09-2012, 12:19 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 181/181/130

Height: 5 feet

Hello Chicks- hope everyone had a great week end. I had a super busy one. I am sooooo tired today that I can barley keep my eyes open. I have boot camp tonight and then home to bed.
It is nice and cool here today as well. I am going to enjoy it.
Well I must dash and get some stuff done, I will be back later hopefully if not later tomorrow. I have an ultra sound on my gal bladder in the morning and a mamogram at lunch time.
I have a few days off coming up soon, I cant wait. I need a day for me.
Old 07-09-2012, 12:22 PM   #15  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

Morning all! I have a funny Voodoo story for you... I bought her a new "Bobo" over the weekend (those long skinny dogs with great big smiles on their faces) because Voo's been very well-behaved and hasn't destroyed any toys lately. I'm not sure if you're familiar with Bobo's, but they have a squeaker in their head, and then a long tube inside the body that when you squeeze it, it makes a high pitched squeal, and then when you let go, sounds like a dying duck.

She decided last night that she wanted to take Bobo to bed with her (us.) So she hopped up in bed with it, and her routine is that when Chris turns the TV off, she jumps down and lays on the hardwood floor for awhile until she cools off, and then lays on her dog bed/blanket. So she jumped down, but Bobo was still at my feet, so I tossed him on the floor.

At 3:50 this morning, I woke up because Voo was heading to her bed and I heard her doing the dog turn-turn-turn-turn thing. She then retracted her doggie landing gear and went FLOP down on the bed like she usually does, but apparently she landed on Bobo, because the toy went SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.

Scared the crap out of the dog. She wouldn't sleep on her bed the rest of the night.

Anyway that's all I had time to talk about but I thought it was funny. Have a great day chickies!

Lisa
Closed Thread