South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 07-07-2012, 12:35 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 226/215/175

Height: 5'7"

Default Eating out?

Are there any safe places to eat out? Does anyone know if skinless ckn breast from el pollo loco is safe?
I've already made a few mistakes. A lite dressing had corn syrup and the frozen broccoli with cheese had corn starch for a total of 21carbs! Do you think I need to restart p1?
I have little time to cook
Willow324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 01:51 PM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

The best thing to do for eating out is to check the restaurant website. Here. It is a tad tricky to eat out on Phase I but can be done. Cooking ahead and freezing may help if your life is too busy.

Yes, the frozen broccoli with the cheese sauce is not a good thing in Phase I, not because of the carbs in it (we don't count carbs), but because of the ingredients listed. Most of the cheese sauces are full of non-SBD things like cornstarch. Check INGREDIENTS not nutritional content when choosing SBD foods.

This is why a lot of us just cook from scratch although we realize it's not always convenient.

I'd stick to a pure Phase I, perhaps for a few days longer than two weeks.
Ruthxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 02:14 PM   #3  

S/C/G: maintaining

I agree with Ruth about freezing meals ahead of time. And some of the crock pot and other recipes on here take virtually no prep time. Salads with protein added are very fast to prepare too and great this time of year.

Honestly, I eat out as little as possible. It's just easier to be in charge of my own food. When I've eaten out on PH 1 I just did the best I could with the limited information I had. Whenever possible I tried to find out nutritional information ahead of time.

Good luck.
WaistingTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 02:31 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 226/215/175

Height: 5'7"

Great advice, thank you!
Willow324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 07:19 AM   #5  

Height: 5'6"

I agree about avoiding eating out. My fiance and I are both on SB, but when we eat out it's hard to find meals that don't bust up phase II. We didn't go out at all during phase I!
I don't know if I'd go back to phase I, Willow324, but a good way to make sure that you're on track with the principles of SB is to avoid getting anything that's premade (like the broccoli w/ cheese)--it takes a bit longer, but adding your own cheese ensures that you know exactly what is going into your body.
Good luck!
RVAscreenwriter is offline   Reply With Quote