Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 07-06-2012, 02:18 PM   #1  

Default 3rd time's the charm?

You can read a bit about my oringal attempt to get back on the wagon here => look for my post titled "Back on the wagon"

Long story short is that I originally lost 110lbs gained some back, lost some and have gained it all back.

This will be my 3rd and hopefully final attempt at losing the weight and keeping it off for good.

I'm 29 years old and have always been involved with athletics and am very lucky that my knees/legs don't bother me (knock-on-wood) and am able to work up a good healthy sweat.

Right now I'm doing the couch to 5k program to help me get back in the running mode as well as going to the gym for cardio and weight lifting. Unfortunately I have a bad case of tennis elbow so that has kept me from working my arms more than I'd like.

Also, I'd like to be able to edit my signature to update weight loss ticker to reflect my actual progress but it looks like I need 20 posts to that now so hopefully this post will spark some convo for me and I can get that updated soon
bigmike7801 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 03:13 PM   #2  
August 2013 restart

S/C/G: 248/229/139

Height: 5'2"

Hey bigmike!

I have heard nothing but great things about the couch to 5k program. I can't speak from personal experience because I refuse to run LOL But have several people in my life who have done it and loved it, a few that have since become very avid runners, doing half marathons and such.

You lost 110 and more before, So you obviously know what works for you and CAN do it again!!

Last edited by DaugT; 07-06-2012 at 03:13 PM.
DaugT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 04:39 PM   #3  

Thanks!

I started week 4 of the program today and ran/walked 3k in 31 minutes durring my lunch break.

Going from week 3 to 4 has been the most difficult so far because it's the first week that you actually run more than you walk (not counting the initial warmup and cool down periods). And I actually decided to jog for the last minute and a hal of my cool down so that I could reach the 3k mark!

Last edited by bigmike7801; 07-06-2012 at 04:45 PM. Reason: misspelled word
bigmike7801 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 08:52 AM   #4  
Overweight again...dang

S/C/G: 213/160.3/135

Height: 5'5"

Hi Mike. I'm a 3rd timer too. I swear this is the last time I'm losing weight!! I'm working with a guy now who told me that I gained the weight back because I wasn't exercising before. I'm not sure how true it is, but I'm going to believe him and keep fitness as part of my lifestyle from now on.

Good luck on your progress with running and keeping up on that cardio and weight training at the gym!
twinieten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 01:48 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 257/160/135

Height: 5'5

Sounds like your problem is not losing weight but rather keeping it off, try to figure out a plan that when you do reach your goal will allow you to maintain.

Like for me it is workout 4 days a week for at least an hour and calories under 1500 carbs under 80.

Now I am doing about double that work to get to my goal.
BlackBarbieKiss125 is offline   Reply With Quote