South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 07-05-2012, 04:49 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Thursday Beach Chat - July 5

An early good morning. I was awake at 3 and up by 4 and have all the windows in the house open to air us out. It's beautifully cool at 62ºF right now but we are still going to be very hot and rain-free for at least another week. I am blessed to have AC and a well behind to barn to water my poor parched garden.

I have every last bit of school artwork in my car after a busy day yesterday doing pick-ups throughout the Township. I am not even gong to think of sorting them yet. As Linda knows, the upstairs hall at the Fairgrounds is very, very hot. I think that will be an early morning job next week.

Today I plan a completely "at home" day. (Somebody please hide my car keys, OK?) It's still to dark out there to do gardening but I'm sure I can find something to do to fill in my time until first light. Perhaps the last batch of berries into the dehydrator? I'm running it on the back deck to keep the house cooler. Disney sits beside it and stares and drools. She adores strawberries!

Hope everyone had a good 4th whether American or not. It sure is summer around here!

Come and chat.
Old 07-05-2012, 05:06 AM   #2  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good early morning Ruth I was going to post about poorly managed insomnia at 4:30 but noticed you were already starting the thread. I'm sure that if I was a better person I'd use the time to exercise or clean or something but I'm just going to sit and drink coffee for a little while.

Today is a video store day. it's gas sale day so always busy enough to keep me entertained. Tomorrow I have an actual job interview! I rewrote my functional resume with more of a customer service, computer whiz, record keeping focus and got an interview with that. The pay is not great but the commute is about 5 miles and I suspect the benefits include reduced price massages and acupuncture so worth checking out.

For now I will just drink more coffee.
Old 07-05-2012, 05:22 AM   #3  
Come on Spring!

Sounds like a good decision, Cyndi. I'm joining you after putting the sprinkler on the front flowerbed.
Old 07-05-2012, 06:08 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 181/181/130

Height: 5 feet

Grrr just my post..... that makes me cranky

Ruth- Good Morning hope you can stay cool today and enjoy your home day. I could lose your keys for you I am always looking for mine. I want a dehydrator what brand do you have?

Cindi- Congrats on the job interview. I will keep my fingers crossed. Have a great day at the video store

Me- Up early this morning as well 5 am to be excat but didnt get out of bed til 6, laid there and enjoyed the cool breeze and listened to the rain. It is a rainy thunder stormy day here today. Going to be an indoor day for the kiddos, thank goodness for just dance Well must dash and get a few things done before the wee ones arrive and enjoy my tea.
Have a great day chicks
Old 07-05-2012, 06:24 AM   #5  
Come on Spring!

My dehydrator is a Nesco American Harvester, I think. I love it.
Old 07-05-2012, 06:37 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

You all are hogging the cool morning breezes. It's already hot and humid here. We'll either be indoors or in the pool all day.

My dehydrator is a Nesco American Harvester, too, and I love it. I haven't tried drying strawberries in it; I'll have to try that sometime. I hope you have plenty, Ruth, so Disney can indulge in her favorite treat.

Cyndi, good luck on your job interview tomorrow!

L.C., enjoy your cool temperatures!
Old 07-05-2012, 06:58 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Good morning!

All you chicks are crazy up and chatty this early! I was thrilled to sleep until 6:30 am, but I was sooooo tired last night! I wasn't even enthusiastic about the fireworks, I just wanted to go to bed!

Today is a full day of work for me, when I left Tuesday it didn't look *as* crazy as it had been, but we still have time, right?! DS doesn't have day care, so DH took the day off, and sounds like they're going canoeing (in this heat?!?!). DD has a field trip. I guess I have the boring day!

I forgot to make the overnight oats...maybe yogurt and all bran with fruit?
Old 07-05-2012, 08:23 AM   #8  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning

I have today and tomorrow off (sort of) so I've been working on niggles. Kirk and mom both have appts so my free time is short but I'm sure enjoying it. Kirk's new dietary restrictions have sure been helping me stay OP.

Have a great day everyone!

Cyndi, good luck with your interview!
Old 07-05-2012, 08:51 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Good morning. Very, very tired today. Work was emotionally draining yesterday. We had an officer involved shooting. Our officer was stabbed in the face and underwent emergency surgery, but we will not know for several days if his eye was saved. Scary morning to say the least.

Today will be a clean P1 eating day in hopes of keeping focused. No bike yesterday, too tired after work. Today we shall see how the day goes.

Enjoy your day chickies
Old 07-05-2012, 08:51 AM   #10  
south beach dieter

S/C/G: 302/ticker/153

Height: 5'67"

helloo everyone i hope u all have a nice day. today i went to the petshop and bought myself a male betta splendens(even if i don't deserve it) if i hit my goal for the month i will go and get me more fish but that remaines to be seen

have a nice cool day.
Old 07-05-2012, 01:23 PM   #11  

Height: 5' 7"

Wow early chicks today,

I am at work and keeping busy, it will be a nice hot 107 degrees today, yikes!!! Good day to stay indoors.

Yesterday we went to St. Louis for parade and VP fair by the time we got home it looked like I had pee'd my pants I was so soaking with sweat. LOL Shower felt so good.

Stay cool everyone and have a great afternoon!
Old 07-05-2012, 04:46 PM   #12  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

Hey All,

Just wanted to pop in - thanking God that it's not weigh-in time yet. Had a family cookout yesterday and ate ALL OP stuff and stayed under my calories, but must've over-done it on the sodium (garlic olives.... sigh....) and didn't get enough water because I'm up 2 lbs today. Grrr. Flushing like mad today, hopefully it comes off soon.

Hotter than hades here still, looking forward to "relief" Sun with high 80's. Key West keeps looking better and better (mid-80's all week.) Hope everyone is staying cool and hydrated. Talk soon!

Lisa
Closed Thread