South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 07-04-2012, 06:06 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Beach Chat - Wednesday, July 4

Good morning and a Happy Independence Day to all the American chicks. I'm wishing you a glorious day with friends and family and fireworks only if it's safe in your area. We are still bone dry up here!

I didn't get my driving done yesterday so, after gym, I'll be hitting the road to pick up Fair entries. I am sooo glad my car has AC since this weather is brutal. We got a spit of rain last night but really need a downpour. The fields are like shredded wheat and the farmers are worried about a hay shortage for their animals this winter.

I have strawberries to pop into the dehydrator before I head to the gym so won't linger.

Enjoy your day whatever you do.
Old 07-04-2012, 06:38 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Good morning Ruth! Speaking of your A/C, are you enjoying your new car? PS - if you want rain, just water your garden. I did that last night, and apparently it rained overnight!

Darned it, I hate it when I wake up early on a day off....around 5:15. Finally gave up on falling back asleep at 6:30. I'm thinking of going on a run this AM before the family gets going, but today is the 1 year anniversary of tearing my hamstring, which is still messed up. LOL...not that that has kept me from exercising!

I found out last night around 10 that I'm having a crowd over tonight....whoops. I'm thinking of making my sweet potato salad again, that was so yummy! I might have to confess to DH that I haven't had meat...he is a man, so I'm not sure he's noticed.

The hawks are quite noisy outside this AM, I think momma must be workin' on her babies growing up!
Old 07-04-2012, 06:42 AM   #3  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning Ruth and beachers yet to come!

I work today, and if yesterday was any indication it will be very busy. We had a huge downpour yesterday afternoon which is just what we needed. I think most of the smaller towns have cancelled fireworks, which suits Bing just fine. I don't think we'll do anything extraordinary....tomorrow is an early and long day with both Kirk's PT and moms eye appt.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 07-04-2012, 07:09 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Happy 4th of July!

We had a steady drizzle overnight which was welcomed and badly needed, but it's making for a very humid start to the day. And the minute I came downstairs this morning, Jake dragged me out to the garden to see our very first artichoke.

Now I'm enjoying a lovely cup of Newman's before we head over to the store for supplies for our BBQ today. We're just having a small get-together with the kids and grandkids, and my brother and his wife. It will be fun, though, and there's plenty of legal fireworks to set off once it gets dark tonight.

I must take time this morning to run over to Mom & Dad's, too, and take them some of our garden produce. I sure wish they were joining us for our cookout, but Mom gets tired very easily these days, although she's feeling pretty good.

Have a great day!
Old 07-04-2012, 07:34 AM   #5  
south beach dieter

S/C/G: 302/ticker/153

Height: 5'67"

Happy Independence Day to our dear US chicks
Old 07-04-2012, 07:43 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Good morning Happy Humid 4th of July. Working until 7, but we are throwing a BBQ at work. Glad I am not the one in charge of the grill. Breakfast is OP, Lucy will almost be ( I am having potatoe salad ) dinner will be OP too darn hot and lazy to cook when I get in. I may sneak in a 30 min spinning DVD at lunch, but we are very short handed today. Figures on a holiday we cannot get anyone to work. Otherwise life is good as always. Only 24 days until I am on vacation, can't wait!! Have a great holiday!
Old 07-04-2012, 07:44 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 173/157.8/133

Height: 5'4"

Good morning! I'm feeling really lazy this morning....not good. I'm trying to figure out if I can get a quick run in before I have to drive DD to her stage fighting workshop. It's supposed to be in the 90s today, so, If I don't do it early, its not going to happen. I'm on my own for the holiday - and didn't seek out any plans either! A quiet day is just fine with me!
Have a good day, all.
Old 07-04-2012, 08:53 AM   #8  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning.

We have no plans for the day. The good news is that I don't have a big off-plan meal to contend with The bad news is I have hours and hours of nothing which often leads to eating Must find something to occupy myself. I DO have a good book I can finish but reading definitely makes me want to mindlessly snack. Sigh. The gym is closed for the holiday so I'll get in some cardio at home.

Have a great day.
Old 07-04-2012, 09:12 AM   #9  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

Happy 4th Everyone!

Just popping in for a bit. Have a busy day full of temptation. Going to meet with the florist about the wedding at 10, then mani/pedi with Anna and her mom at 1, then Chris' family cookout at 4. That will be the hard part. And yes, this is two cookouts in the last week and a half. There will be veggie burgers, and hopefully veggies and/or salad, but the dips/cheese balls will be full-fat, there will be pasta salad, likely macaroni and cheese, chips, crackers, etc. Maybe they'll have fruit! I hope....

SO anyway, gonna have my and relax before time to get ready for the florist. I hope everyone has a SAFE and RELAXING day!

Lisa
Old 07-04-2012, 09:44 AM   #10  
sophie

good morning,

Happy 4th of July everyone.

Its so hot here. I am watering twice a day so my flowers don't wilt. Off to do some grocery shopping as friends are stopping over for lunch on the way to Montreal. I am making the SB salade nicoise and fresh fruit for desert.
Again, enjoy a safe and happy holiday.
take care
Sophie
Old 07-04-2012, 11:56 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 181/181/130

Height: 5 feet

Happy 4th of July my American Chicks. I hope you are enjoying your day.
I am off to the beach again with the kiddos. I will pop back in later tonight after outdoor boot camp. Have a great day
Old 07-04-2012, 12:05 PM   #12  
south beach dieter

S/C/G: 302/ticker/153

Height: 5'67"

omg omg omg after 2 weeks of 32 and more degrees it is raining the only good thing that happened today for the rest depresses depressed depressed
Old 07-04-2012, 08:44 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 173/157.8/133

Irina - My Older Daughter is on an archaeological dig in Northeastern England. They are living in tents, and digging in the dirt all day - same weather you're having. So - she can relate!
Closed Thread