South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 07-02-2012, 12:18 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 170/ticker/145

Height: 5'8"

Default Day 1/Phase 1

Hey all! I started SBD yesterday, and I just wanted to post my menu from the first day to see if I made any mistakes. Any tips/advice is appreciated!

B: 2 hardboiled eggs, 8 oz V8 juice, coffee w/ milk 1%
S: 1 oz almonds, 1 laughing cow light
L: salade mixed greens/cucumber/parmesan cheese with 1 tbsp olive oil/vinegar, 1 boca burger, 1 slice of turkey lunch meat, ½ cup cottage cheese 2%
S: ½ cup greek yogurt 0% w/ 1 packet stevia, 2 tbsp flax seeds
D: salmon, asparagus
S: ½ cup part skim ricotta, 1 packet stevia, 1 tsp cocoa powder

Also I have a question regarding a vanilla flavor product that I bought at Trader Joe's and if it is OK to use in either Phase 1 or Phase 2. Here are the ingredients: Glycerine, Water, Sugar Cane, Vanilla Bean extractives.

The reason I ask is because it is the only one I could find alcohol free since I don't consume any types of alcohol, not even in extracts and/or cooking and baking. Thanks!
alouati is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 07:38 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 173/157.8/133

Height: 5'4"

I was waiting to see if any of the more experienced beachers would respond. I looked up extracts, and it was really hard to find one that was both sugar and alcohol free. It seems you need one or the other to act as a preservative. You could try using straight vanilla bean, but that would be prohibitive from a cost perspective. My only other suggestion would be some of the sugar free syrups that are used in coffee flavoring. I don't believe they contain alcohol.
On the other hand - the small amount of sugar you'll get in a drop of the flavoring most likely wouldn't be an issue - which is why I was waiting for one of the more experience ladies to jump in here.
CatMat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 07:55 AM   #3  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good idea re the SF syrups.

What is the "product" you bought from TJ? Is it something to use in place of vanilla extract? If so, "don't sweat the small stuff".
Ruthxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 08:47 AM   #4  

Ruthxxx and CatMat, thank you for your responses. The SF flavorings are an excellent idea, I never thought of that. I will pick some up this weekend. As far as the product from TJ's, it's called Pure Vanilla Flavor, alcohol free. I also thought the teeny tiny two drops that I used won't be too detrimental in the long run.

Thanks for your input!
Old 07-03-2012, 08:50 AM   #5  

Hi I am going for another try on Sth.Beach in a couple of days .After I have been shopping to get in some suitable eats. A question also is Doesn,t V8 have sugar in it ? I like it but thought I once looked it up on their ingredient list and it said sugar ? Also if you want to put your Beacher Bio up where do you find the questions or do you try to follow someone elses ? Thanks Luvs Violets
luvs_violets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 09:02 AM   #6  

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvs_violets View Post
Hi I am going for another try on Sth.Beach in a couple of days .After I have been shopping to get in some suitable eats. A question also is Doesn,t V8 have sugar in it ? I like it but thought I once looked it up on their ingredient list and it said sugar ? Also if you want to put your Beacher Bio up where do you find the questions or do you try to follow someone elses ? Thanks Luvs Violets
Luvs Violets, there is no added sugar in V8. I buy the low sodium kind and there are 7g of sugar listed, but no sugar on the ingredients. The sugars are natural and come from the blended veggies used like carrots, beets, etc.

I am sorry I don't know about he Beacher Bios.
Old 07-03-2012, 12:11 PM   #7  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Right! the sugar is fructose not sucrose and is part of the veggies including tomatoes.

Beacher bios go here = http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/sout...os-2012-a.html and can be as much or as little as you want to reveal.
Ruthxxx is offline   Reply With Quote