Response to jenjen and paris 13
I joined this forum during the weekend and I am also decided to lose some weight and get fit in order to have a baby.
I am 35 and I haven't yet tried to get pregnant because I am too scared of my body and I feel as I wouldn't be able to hold a healthy pregnancy, deliver a healthy baby and have the energy to take care of him/her afterwards. It's a sad feeling and I totally relate to what you guys are going through.
I've kinda been yo yo dieting my whole life, which is a terrible habit, but my weight fluctuation used to be 10 or 15 lbs, at maximum. Today, I am 50 lbs overweight and I don't really know how I let myself come to this point. I lost my core self in the middle of this process and my self-esteem disappeared. I've been trying to hide myself from life and I don't wanna live like that anymore - none of us deserve to feel this way!
I am married and my husband does not have weight issues, which makes it harder for him to understand "why I am doing this to myself", as he says. He's now trying to be supportive, but sometimes he just doesn't know how to deal with my feelings - and, honestly, neither do I. My husband wants a baby more than anything and he sees no problem in me getting pregnant at the size I am right now, but I just can't do that. I know how much my body aches and I wanna have an enjoyable pregnancy...
I am starting my weight loss program today and those are my goals:
- Keep on plan with the Weight Watchers PointsPlus (online)
- Track my points every day
- Eat less processed food
- Quit alcohol drinks (I really enjoy drinking wine or beer w/ my husband)
- Exercise 4 times /week (*actually, exercising is the most difficult and most important part of my life style change, since I've been sedentary my whole life and now I feel so much pain in my body, which I need to get rid of!)
- Start loving myself again - soon!!!
My goal is to eliminate 2 lbs/ week for 1 month; then 1 lb/ week for 5 months. Total of 35 pounds in 6 months (the end of the year).
I would love to have a weight loss buddy
Let's help and support each other!
Strength to all,