View Single Post
Old 07-02-2012, 02:34 AM   #4
paris13

Default losing weight for baby also

response to jenjen

This is my first time on a blog. I am responding to your three blogs. I am not sure how to do this. I will have to figure out how to find your response. Bear with me
I am 190 pounds and hit my high weight at 204 pounds. My height is 5'1. I am also a teacher, elementary school

7 weeks ago I started my new approach to weightloss , at the time I was 197 pounds.I have yo-yo dieted all my life, joined weight watchers 10 years ago and lost 30 pounds. I gained it all back and more. I like weight watchers but I want to try a new approach. I am really focusing on life style change. I put the goal of 1 pound a week for weight loss. I want to lose 50 lbs.

I really dislike calorie and point tracking but I do not mind journaling what I eat on a daily basis. I have decided to focus on food quality and quantatity and weighing myself once a week to track my progress and learning to listen to my hunger. I am also trying to internalized the following idea- Everything I eat I consider it as a life long habit. Let me explain- If I want to eat a slice of Pizza( which I do not consider a healthy choice from my favorite pizza place) I go through the following thought process, I ask my self 1. How has my eating been this week?2. Did I meet my goal of losing 1 lb? 3. If I don't eat the Pizza today am I OK with eating it in the future?
Many times I have already eaten something I craved or really wanted earlier or the day before. I therefor feel committed to saying no, I will have to wait for another time. I do not frame it in my mind as a reward- I have eaten well for a week I therefor can treat myself- I have done this in the past and it did not work. It created a build up to binging. I ate well for a month and thought - I can now eat what ever I want for a whole day.Psychologically and phisically this was not good. It encouraged to let go of self control and it wreaked havoc on my body. The one day binge turned to a one week binge, then it turned to a month and that is how I ended up at 204 pounds. Doctors told me if I lost the weight I could probably get pregnant, they told me this 6 years ago. I am 38 and I feel alot of guilt and pressure.
I have spent money on fertility treatment.

I have very little support, my husband has his own eating issues. He is a great guy and I love him dearly but he has what I believe is a food addiction and is in complete denial. I was the same way but I am the one who has to get pregnant and this has forced me to slowly face reality. I am actually truly grateful and think it is God taking care of me. If I could get pregnant I don't think I would have faced my food problems. I truly see it as a grace from God, a loving parent, being firm and stern with me, telling me I need to get healthy. If I get healthy it naturally spills over for my husband and he benefits. I have the hope that I can lead my husband by example. As you can imagine I have alot of stress on me. I have had to cope with this. I have to focus on me and not my husband, I can't make him want to change, but I can make myself.

I am looking for a weighloss buddy-if you are interested.
Let me know if you are looking for support or what kind of support. Even if it is just to share your success. I think it is great you are blogging, exercising, and downloaded an ap(I am jealous, tracking calories. That is awsome!

Last edited by paris13 : 07-02-2012 at 02:39 AM.
paris13 is offline   Reply With Quote