Old 07-01-2012, 06:01 PM   #1  

Default New to IP and am struggling a little

Hi! This is my first time posting to this site but I have been looking around for a bit. I started IP on Thursday so I am on day 4. I left my binder at work with all my info in it so I have just been trying to go off memory this weekend.

Here is my delima..I hate the packets! It makes me want to vomit thinking about eating them. The only ones I have tried is the chicken soup (it was ok but I can not eat that very often), Chocolate pudding (I could only do 4 bites before I had to throw it away) and the potatoe soup (I made it through half). I love the vanilla and chocolate premade drinks and all the bars I have tried. Are the premade drinks restricted? I forgot the sheet at work so I cant remember. For my own meal, all I eat is a small piece of baked chicken. I am not hungry but feel like I am not doing right because I am skipping lunch or supper if I dont like the mix. Am I making sense?

Day 1: bar, chicken soup, baked chicken, then a chocolate drink premade
Day 2: bar, nothing (tried chocolate pudding), baked chicken, then a vanilla drink premade
Day 3: bar, baked chicken, potatoe soup (maybe half), chocolate premade drink
Day 4: Chocolate soy puffs, baked chicken, vanilla premade shake, and havent eaten supper yet.

I cant do the IP multivitamin. I am going to have to find something else. I burp it up all day...gross! I can take the other supplements though.

I have been drinking all my water everyday. The first 2 days were really rough. I was going through bad withdrawals. I could not quit sweating and shaking. I went from drinking nothing but coke zero all day to water. It was rough.

Any suggestions? I don't eat lettus or vegetables. I do eat pickles as a snack during the day that I forgot to add in above.
Thanks!
ltzalewski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 06:08 PM   #2  
Ideal Protein April 27/12

S/C/G: 215 / Ticker / 165

Height: 5' 7"

Im not sure this diet is for you then...

Your 4 cups of veggies are a crucial part of the plan...you have to have them, you cant say I dont eat vegetables. Hard to comment on the rest when you are leaving such a huge part out of the diet. And yes you have to eat all your packets otherwise you arent getting enough protein and will start to burn lean muscle.
Longhorn Energy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 06:09 PM   #3  

I agree with Longhorn. Sounds like IP isn't for you if you don't like the packages and don't eat veggies. Those are both cornerstones of this diet.
mompattie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 06:13 PM   #4  
Ideal Protein April 27/12

S/C/G: 215 / Ticker / 165

Height: 5' 7"

Also bothers me that you said 'a little bit of chicken'...was it 8oz? That is what is required with your 2 cups of veggies. Assuming you had the other 2 cups during the day.
Longhorn Energy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 06:14 PM   #5  

I am going to keep trying to packets to see if I can find something that I can hold down. The other thing I wasnt sure about is the vegetables. Pickles is listed on my sheet under vegetables. Does it not count?
Old 07-01-2012, 06:15 PM   #6  

Yes, 8oz of chicken
Old 07-01-2012, 06:15 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 170/138/130

Height: 5'8"

IMHO you need to give the program a chance. If you're not eating your vegetables and not eating your packets, you're not doing Ideal Protein. I thought a lot of the packets were yuck, but I choked them down and found a few I liked: chocolate drink mix, herb omlet mix, leek soup, southwest cheese curls, apple cinnamon soy puffs. You won't know until you try them (e.g. lots of people hate the leek soup, but I liked it; lots of people like the puddings, but I could hardly get through them). You definitely aren't getting the nutrition you need by skipping packets, the veggies and the vitamin. I don't know the answer to your question about whether the premade drinks are restricted or not. The chocolate drink mix packet is not restricted and it's tasty. Hang in there, give the program a chance.
bigpassport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 06:18 PM   #8  

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigpassport View Post
IMHO you need to give the program a chance. If you're not eating your vegetables and not eating your packets, you're not doing Ideal Protein. I thought a lot of the packets were yuck, but I choked them down and found a few I liked: chocolate drink mix, herb omlet mix, leek soup, southwest cheese curls, apple cinnamon soy puffs. You won't know until you try them (e.g. lots of people hate the leek soup, but I liked it; lots of people like the puddings, but I could hardly get through them). You definitely aren't getting the nutrition you need by skipping packets, the veggies and the vitamin. I don't know the answer to your question about whether the premade drinks are restricted or not. The chocolate drink mix packet is not restricted and it's tasty. Hang in there, give the program a chance.
Thanks! I do not want to give up. I think the program will work for me but I need help. That is why I came here to ask. I was under the impression that I did not have to eat lettus and since pickles were listed under the vegetables that I did not want to try to steam vegetables and eat too much.
Old 07-01-2012, 06:29 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 170/138/130

Height: 5'8"

Lettuce is optional, but many people have found eating lots of romaine lettuce keeps their losses going. Eating 4 cups of veggies a day is NOT optional. Just do it. And pickles have a lot of sodium which will slow your losses, so probably not a good food to be eating all the time. Definitely not in place of the veggies, but maybe once in a while as a treat in addition to your veggies. Sweet pickles, bread and butter pickles are off-limits because of the sugar.
bigpassport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 06:45 PM   #10  
Started IP 3/26/12

Height: 5'5"

The vanilla & chocolate RTDs are not restricted.

Here's the link to the updated Nutritional Fact Sheet for IP products.
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...act-sheet.html

Don't give up yet. Within all the products that they offer, you will surely be able to find enough to facilitate your program.

But you do have to eat your 8 oz of 'real' protein for dinner each day + the 2 cups of veggies. And also eat the full amount of each of the 3 IP packets/day, along with 2 cups of veggies at lunch, and the required amounts of salt, oil, and lots & lots of water.

Here's the official Phase 1 sheet again for your reference.
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...phase-1-a.html

All of this information is on this website.... if you use the 'search' feature, you can find all of it in the future for yourself.
evepet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 06:56 PM   #11  
Started IP 5/16/2016

S/C/G: 220/220/165

Height: 5'6

Itz - I can completely understand what you're saying about the multivitamin.

I too had - STILL have - a very difficult time with it as well - sometimes it seem like swallowing my shoe is easier than swallowing this particular pill.

I just HATE it!

But what I hate more than taking it, is being overweight so - that trumps all else.

If you're going to move forward, you just HAVE to put the difficulty of taking it, put it aside, and try to get used to swallowing it.

People here on this board were most supportive to me on this when I came here and cyber cried about it a few weeks ago

Re the rest of your post ... it doesn't sound like this program is for you.

Eating your veggies are a major tent pole of this program. It wont work if you dont stick to the basics of it ...

Maybe reassess if this is for you - IP is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay to expensive to dilly dally about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ltzalewski View Post
Hi! This is my first time posting to this site but I have been looking around for a bit. I started IP on Thursday so I am on day 4. I left my binder at work with all my info in it so I have just been trying to go off memory this weekend.

Here is my delima..I hate the packets! It makes me want to vomit thinking about eating them. The only ones I have tried is the chicken soup (it was ok but I can not eat that very often), Chocolate pudding (I could only do 4 bites before I had to throw it away) and the potatoe soup (I made it through half). I love the vanilla and chocolate premade drinks and all the bars I have tried. Are the premade drinks restricted? I forgot the sheet at work so I cant remember. For my own meal, all I eat is a small piece of baked chicken. I am not hungry but feel like I am not doing right because I am skipping lunch or supper if I dont like the mix. Am I making sense?

Day 1: bar, chicken soup, baked chicken, then a chocolate drink premade
Day 2: bar, nothing (tried chocolate pudding), baked chicken, then a vanilla drink premade
Day 3: bar, baked chicken, potatoe soup (maybe half), chocolate premade drink
Day 4: Chocolate soy puffs, baked chicken, vanilla premade shake, and havent eaten supper yet.

I cant do the IP multivitamin. I am going to have to find something else. I burp it up all day...gross! I can take the other supplements though.

I have been drinking all my water everyday. The first 2 days were really rough. I was going through bad withdrawals. I could not quit sweating and shaking. I went from drinking nothing but coke zero all day to water. It was rough.

Any suggestions? I don't eat lettus or vegetables. I do eat pickles as a snack during the day that I forgot to add in above.
Thanks!

Last edited by marlenesuer; 07-01-2012 at 06:57 PM.
marlenesuer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 07:06 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 227.4/187/159

Height: 5'5"

My first 3 days the packets tasted weird too, but this will pass, I love everything except the leek soup

Same with vitamins, if you're not used to them, you will burp them for awhile, this will pass too.

With veggies, this is a must, everyone loves cucumbers, come on now, best wishes think positive and stay strong, because you are worth it
ProteinGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 11:08 PM   #13  
Porthardygurl

S/C/G: 315/see ticker/180

Height: 6ft

I heard that most people adjust to the taste of the packet as they go through the program..The reason being: Your taste buds are used to really sweet sugary things..and now you have to adjust to not so sweet fake tasting sugary things...In other words...you will get used to it..give it time...If you dont like choking down your multi...try crushing it up and downing it with a big glass of water...If you have issues with veggies..try taking veggies and shoving them into a blender with a little water, garlic and sea salt and make a soup..
Porthardygurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 10:01 AM   #14  
~John Wayne~ On:6/21/2012

Height: 5'4"

Oh hang in there. I was like you, never ate veggies, packets tasted weird, but I'm on week 1 1/2 and am really starting to get into the hang of it. I told myself that I would just have to try veggies out and see what happened. I love dill pickles, so I started with those, and I could almost handle bell peppers. Started eating more bell peppers than pickles. I cooked my bell peppers with chicken and a bunch of spices. At my week mark we went out to eat to celebrate my week's loss. We went to Outback, it was delicious. I got the veggie mix so I would have properly fixed veggies to test out. I found out that I like squash! So, I've been alternating squash and bell pepper. I dove off the deep end and tried to cook spinach, YUCK... BUT, I like it raw. Toss in some spices with raw spinach and I'm on my way.

I've lost about 13 lbs so far and am starting to really get into it. I've dug around in the posts here and printed off some recipes to try to make the packets taste better. I may start making my lunch at home to bring to work. No real place to make magic here.

So, hang in there! If you want to kick start some good stuff, try this marinade NO CARBS!! But, may have a bit of a lot of sodium.
jwdesselle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 11:02 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 200/182/130

Height: 5"2

ltzalewski: the multivitamins give me horrible tasting burps as well. I switched to taking them right before bedtime. I wake up with nasty breath, but that's easily fixed once I brush my teeth. Try doing that.

Also, I thought most of the packets were horrible the first week, too. But then I started experimenting and found ways to make them taste good. I think my taste buds/preferances are changing now as well. Try turning the puddings into ice creams. I find mixing a lot of puddings and drink mixes taste better if I mix them with cold black coffee instead of water. (Anything chocolate or vanilla flavored in particular). I was told by my coach that if I try a packet and cannot stand to it that I shouldn't simply skip the meal. Instead I should eat a lean source of protein or 2 eggs. It may be a little extra carb/fat, but you're getting the protein your body needs.

I hated, absolutely hated the omlete packet the first time I tried it. However, recently I added cinnamon and used Walden Farms syrup on it and it tastes like yummy cinnamon french toast.

Try to get creative with the packets and read some of other peopel's recipes and suggestions. You'll be suprised by how just one little tweak can make a big difference!

Last edited by Daisy25; 07-02-2012 at 11:03 AM.
Daisy25 is offline   Reply With Quote